Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325475 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1665 on: October 08, 2013, 01:26:42 pm »

WOAH. Did the sprites get a big change or something? It's been about two weeks since I've been on, but damn, those everything look fine.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 08, 2013, 02:43:22 pm »

He/she is using custom modded textures
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 08, 2013, 06:08:58 pm »

Eidolon has no blind spots.  If you do not engage from beyond range you can be struck from anywhere in her sphere, I have tested extensively, and the only way to avoid being slagged is to literally park yourself within ten meters of the launch door.  From above the quad turrets have adequate play to strike, from behind you are prey to about 8-10 of the turrets at any given time, from below you are faced with the same problem as above.  And I clearly stated earlier in the thread, Eidolon turns smoothly and with reasonable speed, so if you are alongside you have two quad turrets and very likely as many as six dual turrets firing on you at any given time.  I honestly think that for an evolved design vs. a planned design she's fairly hard to break.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 08, 2013, 09:26:09 pm »

These Eidolon specs are making me VERY glad that this is a primarily PvE server.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 08, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »

It's all in fun, I'm not trying to intimidate anyone.  I just love my creation, and lavish her with upgrade after upgrade.  However the next big upgrade will probably be the last until Schema breaks something vital.  The finalised Eidolon should represent the maximum the ship can possibly achieve without a total redesign. I put up some more images in my album, including my SP headquarters and a large spoiler.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 11, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »

So tonight I've begun work on a battleship or maybe a battlecruiser, whatever you'd call it, I've started work on a large ship. Here are pics of it so far:

So there's still a lot of work to be done. I need to rework the outside so that it looks good and I can fit in some sort of extra-large space pirate wizard logo. I also need to figure out what to do with the front and back of the ship and build a super huge turret for the top. Plus I need to figure out what to do with the interior in a general sense.

But probably the most important thing I need to figure out is what sort of escape pod I want, because if I'm building a ship big enough to house one, of course I gotta put in an escape pod. The question is if I want to make it small and hard to hit or large nice enough that I can use it as living quarters. The first is probably more likely to make it out of a fight gone wrong alive, while the latter means I can escape in style with all the treasure I've gathered at the risk of being an easier target. I suppose the question probably comes down to figuring out exactly what sort of space pirate wizard I really am.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 11, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »

You have Oblivion for backup, if the fight goes wrong, you may as well escape in style while Eidolon mops up.

Edit: also, bigger, WAY bigger, at the moment you probably won't make cruiser scale (Tho' you could still rip pirates to pieces in a cruiser, so go to town)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:26:53 pm by NullForceOmega »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »

So here's an update on my Pocket Battleship (according to the ship classification system I found).

So, going forward, I want to add some detail to the exterior so it doesn't look like just a solid mass of red, I'm also considering moving the main turret mount back a bit, I probably need to plan out where to put the other turrets, I might possibly add on another pair of engine pods, I need to add in more shields and probably more power too, I need to fill out the interior, and I think I should put something on the underside of the ship, perhaps some smaller ship(s). Ah, well, I've made some good progress so far.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 13, 2013, 06:59:38 am »

Got this error when loading the game

anyone?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 13, 2013, 09:55:34 am »

Which version of the game? That changes every couple days. Redownload and try again. Also, single or multiplayer?

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 13, 2013, 01:33:14 pm »

latest version, tried reinstalling, both basic and alternative version, still not working

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 13, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »

GREIGER! I REQUIRE MORE HULLS AND SHIT FOR MY #secretproject.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 13, 2013, 11:29:17 pm »

Server appears to be down and I have to go to bed soon, I'll see about putting my entire stock of blocks up for sale at my shop tomorrow after class.  Should be sometime around 1 Pm eastern US time.   

Fraid it's mostly just grey though, may have some black left.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 14, 2013, 12:04:31 am »

So I finally broke down and figured out how to upload some images, Some shots of Eidolon

I refuse to join Google+, and so, Google+ refuses to let me see those pictures.

(Did you know you can also share pictures using Dropbox? Or any number of other services. Someone mentioned imgur earlier, for instance.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:44:03 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 181