Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325492 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1635 on: September 28, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »

Joining the server. I know the basics but really haven't played the game.
Crack-a-lack-a

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 29, 2013, 09:33:05 am »

Yay, 4 minutes and the updates I missed are up to 1%, :D
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 03, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »

New Update is up, and I mysteriously cannot purchase any of the newer variants of Eidolon in SP.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 03, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »

Spoiler: Update News (click to show/hide)

Tougher pirate stations? About time.

I have mixed feelings on the turn rate change. On the plus side, hull is not the giant lead weight it was before. On the other hand, cube ships are now even more effective.
New Update is up, and I mysteriously cannot purchase any of the newer variants of Eidolon in SP.
Is there an error message there or is it just not showing up? Could be that the new update caused corrupted blueprints or incompatibility with older blueprints.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:45:07 pm by Blaze »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1639 on: October 03, 2013, 07:44:35 pm »

Server updated

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 03, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »

No error messages, it just will not spawn the credits are deducted from my total, but no ship appears. I've tested all of my blueprints, and the only ones I cannot get to show up are my latest Eidolon saves.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »

I had that problem. The save is most likely corrupted.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 03, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »

Yep, sounds like BP corruption. ALWAYS use "Create New Entry" when saving a BP, the blueprint may become corrupt if you use Save to Local. It seems the bigger the ship, the more often it'll get corrupted.

Spoiler: Fix (click to show/hide)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:12 pm »

Actually, I think I found a completely different bug than the BP corruption.  I just went in and saved Eidolon in a new entry, tested on the server by buying one named Eidolon_target; went into SP and attemted to buy one as Eidolon, no-go, tried again. no-go, tried as Eidolon_01 and the ship appeared immediately.  Hooray for alpha. ::)
Edit: Yah, I looked around the Starmade forum and couldn't find this one, my guess is it is probably related to the BP corruption bug.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:44:24 pm by NullForceOmega »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 03, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

Weird, attempting to create a ship with the same name as an existing one should just fail to happen; and take no credits. That's what it's been like in the previous version.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: October 04, 2013, 11:43:09 pm »

I just had the most nerve shattering pirate battle since the very first time I fired up Starmade.  For some reason I cannot fathom, I failed to prevent the Pirates from using the Eidolon blueprint, cue me tensing up and freaking out a bit as my nav screen lists a nearby pirate Eidolon accompanied by two frigates and a couple of Isanths.  Thankfully I am an adequate shot with my AMC spars, and I managed to core the Eidolon from out of sector, the 16 turrets on the other hand nearly fried me while I tried to clean out the other pirates. :-\

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 05, 2013, 01:09:56 am »

I think I hit the limit on how much dakka a single weapon comp can handle.  :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm having problems with the heavy turrets. I used green docking modules instead of turret modules so they don't turn and get all derpy; but whenever I try to attach them to the underside, they are turned backwards. Does anyone know of a workaround that doesn't involve building them in reverse?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: October 05, 2013, 02:55:39 am »

Lastly, before the reset, I want to have a duel with Eric Blank.  My latest revision of Eidolon against any ship he has that masses no more than 9500. :)

That's not going to be feasible, due to my currently-available desktop computer being a useless hunk of plastic when it comes to anything with actual graphics (it especially despises starmade) and the fact that my ping is in the thousands. The cost of this shitty internet is similarly atrocious, but the list of possible providers is very short, none of them can offer decent coverage, and all of their prices are high. Ask Glloyd for a duel, maybe? He should have access to most of the vessels floating around my homeworld and their blueprints unless he got sick of my absence. I can also build a vessel in single-player that should meet the requirements and someone can upload it.

[edit]

Also, just what have you done to the Eidolon in recent months? And does that mass include or exclude the mass of the turrets?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:09:40 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 05, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »

Lastly, before the reset, I want to have a duel with Eric Blank.  My latest revision of Eidolon against any ship he has that masses no more than 9500. :)

That's not going to be feasible, due to my currently-available desktop computer being a useless hunk of plastic when it comes to anything with actual graphics (it especially despises starmade) and the fact that my ping is in the thousands. The cost of this shitty internet is similarly atrocious, but the list of possible providers is very short, none of them can offer decent coverage, and all of their prices are high. Ask Glloyd for a duel, maybe? He should have access to most of the vessels floating around my homeworld and their blueprints unless he got sick of my absence. I can also build a vessel in single-player that should meet the requirements and someone can upload it.

[edit]

Also, just what have you done to the Eidolon in recent months? And does that mass include or exclude the mass of the turrets?

Yup, I can always take one of the things floating around Eric's place or something else he uploads to duel you if you really want, haha.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 05, 2013, 12:17:36 pm »

That's okay Eric, it was a half joke.  As for what I have done to the Eidolon, it boasts 16 all new turrets (horrifyingly dangerous bastards) 9 single dock fighters (due to Schema's update of the docking mechanics I can't dock anything larger so it would have been wasted room) the main guns have been upgraded for higher damage ( like almost 400k DPS per gun) and huge revisions to her power gen, storage, and shields.  Basically, scariest warship ever, of all time, forever.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 181