Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325816 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1185 on: August 08, 2013, 12:36:02 pm »

A critical database access error popped up then it crashed. Its back now. Love alphas.

Nope, happened again.

Here is the error, see if you can find anything on it. I can't search at the moment:

"SQLDataException: data exception: string data, right truncation; table:ENTITIES column: UID"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:42:45 pm by forsaken1111 »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 08, 2013, 12:51:56 pm »

http://star-made.org/content/sqldataexception-data-exception-string-data-right-truncation-table-entities-column-uid

If he's correct, you have some ships with invalid filenames (in blueprints\shipname\DATA), and the pirates are trying to spawn them. You can either disable them if you know which blueprints, or you can find the ones with invalid filenames, and fix the invalid filenames.

They usually look like sQ22es0.iroyK_VZlYiR0nyH9FeWAD08Q-j.0.0.0.smd2, and the problem (usually*) would be the . which doesn't belong - the .0.0.0.smd2 are expected, but any . before that screws things up. Not sure if other characters also cause problems.

People should ideally be making sure their ships actually spawn before they upload them (hell, the only reason they won't spawn is because they used the 'save to local' button, and there's no reason to use it if they're building in SP, and if they're building on the server, they don't need to re-upload it, so... the only time it could be a problem would be if they built on another server or didn't realize they didn't need to use it when building in SP).

Edit again: unless by "corrupted blueprint" he means literally corrupted, rather than "doesn't spawn, must be corrupted" like everyone else on the starmade forums.

* There have been reports of ships that would not spawn which did not have an extra . in the filename.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:02:49 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 08, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »

Happened again.  Though it occurred right when I hit x to try to build a new ship. The core didn't appear and then 2 seconds later the server crashed.   Maybe related?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1188 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:25 pm »

Well there are 327 ship folders. Is there any quick way to figure out which ones may be corrupted? Searching by hand will take longer than I am willing to dedicate to fixing this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 08, 2013, 01:06:06 pm »

Clean them out and hope for the best?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1190 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:21 pm »

Clean them out and hope for the best?
Delete all of the ships? I could do that if you're okay with it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:05 pm »

Wait, are these just blueprints, or actual ships?

One thing you could do is do a search on the folder for everything ending in smd2, and quickly eyeball the list to see if anything stands out.

Or zip up the folder and upload it somewhere and let somebody else have a look.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1192 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »

Wait, are these just blueprints, or actual ships?

One thing you could do is do a search on the folder for everything ending in smd2, and quickly eyeball the list to see if anything stands out.

Or zip up the folder and upload it somewhere and let somebody else have a look.
Thats a good idea, lemme try that. and I believe they're only blueprints

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 08, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »

You could also sort them by date modified when you do this, which should help, since the crashing one would likely be new.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 08, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »

And I didn't get any pictures of the modifications made to Magic Tower last night
Spoiler: These ones? (click to show/hide)
Ah, yes, thank you.

If the space cruise ship gets attacked by pirates, don't worry; I planned to incorporate escape pods in the design from day one (actually, the whole idea was mostly just an excuse to have something with escape pods on it). In fact, I'm considering staging a disaster at some point (after schematizing it) just for an excuse to use the escape pods. Of course, I haven't even designed the thing yet, so that event may be a bit far off.

I love the idea of small escape pods. I'm in the middle of trying to squeeze one into the back of the Falcon, where the escape pod is supposedly in the movies. But either way. Expect screenshots later today once I'm done. It's a very complex ship, in that it has landing gear that you can lift and raise, has the smugglers hideaway where our heroes hide in A New Hope, and has a retractable landing bridge thingy.

I actually prefer the interpretation where the two tubes on the side are a an escape pod and a docking ring with a longer boarding ramp beneath it, but I understand if you have reasons you don't want to go that way. I'm also really curious how you accomplished working landing gear.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1195 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

Whoever had the Carrack-Class light cruiser thing, its gone. 12 different corrupted files in there.

Finding a few others too.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »

One way I can think of for landing gear would be using doors, though that wouldn't be automatic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1197 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

Okay, did a pass through and wiped out any blueprints I noticed with corrupted files. Lets try this again.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 08, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

I actually prefer the interpretation where the two tubes on the side are a an escape pod and a docking ring with a longer boarding ramp beneath it, but I understand if you have reasons you don't want to go that way. I'm also really curious how you accomplished working landing gear.

The tubes are docking rings, and the one on the right has the boarding ramp. Supposedly, there is an escape pod at the back under the hyperdrive core, so I'm going that route. For the landing gear... It is manual, but it's operated from right beside the core. Basically, I made a system of doors running underneath the floor of the ship, so when you're watching from outside... Boom, landing gear. So, stop the ship, get out of the core, activate landing gear.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 08, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »

The server just crashed. Anyway I am going to go play on s.brierie.co:4242. I was thinking maybe we could start up a B12 faction on it. It has a speed limit of 50 (ew) and no blueprints (which means ships are worth something, and you cannot just spam materials everywhere). I actually have a ship half finished but functional already.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 181