Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325776 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1170 on: August 07, 2013, 11:35:13 pm »

Did anyone have a ship named Lexx? Because I'm using it now.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 07, 2013, 11:51:31 pm »

There's really no reason to ever place them unless you're trying to blow things up, though...

Well, aside from mines, but swarms of KB missiles are more effective even with their crazy targeting routines.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 08, 2013, 12:29:00 am »

Finished the interior layout of my Millennium Falcon. I based it off of this design:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is a big image... Try this

Now I just have to finish the cosmetic parts of the exterior, furnish the inside and build the turrets, then it's on to my next project...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 08, 2013, 12:30:37 am »

That interior reminds me of the Ebon Hawk or w/e from KotR 1 & 2.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 08, 2013, 02:07:05 am »

That interior reminds me of the Ebon Hawk or w/e from KotR 1 & 2.

Yeah, canonically speaking, they're both a similar design. A light freighter to be exact. The Ebon Hawk is just an earlier version of the Falcon. 3000 years or so earlier.

(In truth, I think they just wanted something that looked just familiar enough, so players could latch onto something like that in a new Star Wars world with nothing else that familiar)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:09:54 am by Glloyd »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 08, 2013, 05:08:41 am »

I seem to remember from somewhere that determining the exact interior of the Millennium Falcon was a cause for some rather severe headaches. :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 08, 2013, 05:44:52 am »

Server down?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1177 on: August 08, 2013, 05:50:42 am »

Server down?
looks up but I restarted it to be sure

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 08, 2013, 05:51:40 am »

Works great now, thanks.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 08, 2013, 10:30:03 am »

If the space cruise ship gets attacked by pirates, don't worry; I planned to incorporate escape pods in the design from day one (actually, the whole idea was mostly just an excuse to have something with escape pods on it). In fact, I'm considering staging a disaster at some point (after schematizing it) just for an excuse to use the escape pods. Of course, I haven't even designed the thing yet, so that event may be a bit far off.

Anyway, in other news, Team Space Pirate Wizard Welcomes its newest (and second) member: Japa!

And I didn't get any pictures of the modifications made to Magic Tower last night (other than the addition of the factory) because I had a weird crash at the end where I think I turned into a human ship (I deleted a ship, but noticed I still had a weapons bar at the bottom of my screen, and when I pressed "r", I could see my little figure dude in front of me). After that, I couldn't log in because it said I was still logged in, and didn't notice until later that Java was still running and I forced-quit it. But by that time, I was tired enough that I didn't feel like hopping back on the server again.

Nonetheless, I did upload an album of the few pictures I did manage to take.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 08, 2013, 12:10:15 pm »

And I didn't get any pictures of the modifications made to Magic Tower last night
Spoiler: These ones? (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 08, 2013, 12:14:14 pm »

Oh wow, I think it's my turn to visit you instead of the other way around.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 08, 2013, 12:20:08 pm »

If the space cruise ship gets attacked by pirates, don't worry; I planned to incorporate escape pods in the design from day one (actually, the whole idea was mostly just an excuse to have something with escape pods on it). In fact, I'm considering staging a disaster at some point (after schematizing it) just for an excuse to use the escape pods. Of course, I haven't even designed the thing yet, so that event may be a bit far off.

I love the idea of small escape pods. I'm in the middle of trying to squeeze one into the back of the Falcon, where the escape pod is supposedly in the movies. But either way. Expect screenshots later today once I'm done. It's a very complex ship, in that it has landing gear that you can lift and raise, has the smugglers hideaway where our heroes hide in A New Hope, and has a retractable landing bridge thingy.

I seem to remember from somewhere that determining the exact interior of the Millennium Falcon was a cause for some rather severe headaches. :P

Yeah, and they ran into issues in 5 and 6, because they needed areas in the ship that might've not fit into something that small. I think in the end, they just went with whatever they needed, and figured people would be too in awe with the awesome to care.

EDIT: Crash?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:31:02 pm by Glloyd »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 08, 2013, 12:31:26 pm »

I think server might be down again.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 08, 2013, 12:33:17 pm »

Looks like it. 

I was just parking at the Magic tower too, so if I'm in the way of someone before I get back feel free to push my ship out of the way.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 181