Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325774 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1155 on: August 07, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

I don't know why, but it seems this new version has somehow increased my FPS about threefold before turned on the limiter. Unfortunately, this increased performance seems to always eventually cause my laptop's fan to go crazy, which makes me very fearful to continue playing in such a state.

Anyway, today I worked on Magic Tower, and it has grown quite a bit.
...sip...

Space penis!
I didn't intend to make a space penis. I just wanted to make tall tower, then broaden the top so there would be more room, then added a dome to the top.

It is possible I subconsciously wanted a space penis.

please do not leave orbit, space freud will be deployed to your location within a reasonable timeframe

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1157 on: August 07, 2013, 04:51:27 pm »

-snip-

... I want to live in your giant space plane...
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 07, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »

So you're saying an uppity street-rat can't sneak off with my girlfriend into the hangar to make out with her in my Space-Rolls?

Also, this cements in my mind the idea that I want to eventually make a space cruise ship.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

So you're saying an uppity street-rat can't sneak off with my girlfriend into the hangar to make out with her in my Space-Rolls?

Big Moma offers no liability for non-usage of the pipe handcuff room.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »

I may decide to redownload this (missed some updates) and join you nuts.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 07, 2013, 05:13:14 pm »

That big mama.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 07, 2013, 06:59:20 pm »

-snip-

... I want to live in your giant space plane...

"I'm tired of these motherf*ckin' space-snakes on this motherf*ckin' space-plane!!!"
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »

Everybody makes all these fancy round and cool looking things, and my best stuff still looks blocky.

Hmph.   Maybe I should build for durability instead of style.   Fill that niche instead.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 07, 2013, 07:47:53 pm »

I follow a hexagonal hull style, being that squares aren't stylish, and I can't fit as much into circles.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 07, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »

Everybody makes all these fancy round and cool looking things, and my best stuff still looks blocky.

Hmph.   Maybe I should build for durability instead of style.   Fill that niche instead.

Seriously? I took a quick flight by/through your station. Those gardens are beautiful. I'd buy a station off you anyday.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:51 pm »

Also, this cements in my mind the idea that I want to eventually make a space cruise ship.

DO IT.

I'd pay good credits for a berth on that. You'd have to make the ship unfactioned though, so people could get around. Then take some nice leisurely sight seeing cruises through the system.

It'd all end when the space Somalian pirates board us and hold you hostage...

Now I want handheld weapons and hostile mobs. Damn.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:37:58 pm by Glloyd »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 07, 2013, 08:10:58 pm »

If it's unfactioned, that'll be quite easy... Anyone can plant dis-integrators on the hull, or even directly on the core, and threaten to ram them with something. If they're placed directly on the ship, when they go off, the shields don't do a thing (unlike trying to ram a ship with another ship composed of a huge block of dis-integrators, which is mostly pointless if it's at all shielded)

If the ship's not moving and the dis-integrators are outside, you can use a tiny ship as a drone by starting it towards the dis-integrators and hopping off before it gets there. Alas, when you hop out you tend not to be facing towards the explosion. (I sometimes do this to remove my own capital ships in singleplayer, as it tends to be quick and easy)

(If it's factioned, you can't plant dis-integrators on it unless you're in the faction)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:13:49 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »

DO IT.

I'd pay good credits for a berth on that. You'd have to make the ship unfactioned though, so people could get around. Then take some nice leisurely sight seeing cruises through the system.

Now I want handheld weapons and hostile mobs. Damn.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
Space titanic... story of a ship being blown up by an asteroid on the first flight.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:01 pm »

If it's unfactioned, that'll be quite easy... Anyone can plant dis-integrators on the hull, or even directly on the core, and threaten to ram them with something. If they're placed directly on the ship, when they go off, the shields don't do a thing (unlike trying to ram a ship with another ship composed of a huge block of dis-integrators, which is mostly pointless if it's at all shielded)

If the ship's not moving and the dis-integrators are outside, you can use a tiny ship as a drone by starting it towards the dis-integrators and hopping off before it gets there. Alas, when you hop out you tend not to be facing towards the explosion. (I sometimes do this to remove my own capital ships in singleplayer, as it tends to be quick and easy)

(If it's factioned, you can't plant dis-integrators on it unless you're in the faction)

...Schema really needs to put an in-cockpit arm command on those things so your disintegrators don't go off just because somebody touched you. Unless you wanted them to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 181