Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325442 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

They need to have some kind of cap or limiter on ships lol. Maybe different classes of cores? It seems like it takes the fun out of potential combat when you build a ship literally made out of cannons.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Just got home. Updating now.

Was out to a lovely dinner, celebrating the 4th. :)

... It's the 6th now man.

What the hell kind of dinner did you attend?

But you know, thanks for unt updaten!
My wife and I were working on the 4th so we went out over the weekend instead to meet up with her mom and have dinner. :)

Its still backing up the world. It takes a while because the world data is stored in hundreds of small text files. x.x

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I wonder if it's possible to see the size of individual sectors.  It would be amusing too see how much hard drive space is taken up by the Magma Fleet Command, Army of Darkness, and Greiger Manufacturing HQs
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Also if ships in orbit count towards that... We are slowly gathering a cloud of various ships floating about in orbit.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.8 million recharge

Is there a trick to it, or is it just from stacking large amounts of power modules once you hit the 1 million wall ? You might want to make a bigger solid block of power tanks, by the way, they scale crazy high.

Also, I read here that thrusters had a connection bonus and indeed it allowed me to go from 680k thrust to over 850k just from connecting the 6 previously separate thruster nacelles... I doubt howerver that they function the same as power modules, I couldn't get much thrust even from super long lines. I would be really interested in knowing the actual formula for thrust and energy consumption from thrusters.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

Energy consumption from thrusters is based on thrust. Number of blocks used to attain that thrust doesn't affect energy use.

I think they meant that 1 million is the upper limit per group of blocks; so starting a second generator set might get around it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.8 million recharge

Is there a trick to it, or is it just from stacking large amounts of power modules once you hit the 1 million wall ? You might want to make a bigger solid block of power tanks, by the way, they scale crazy high.

I used tricks until I hit 1 million (upper limit no matter how many sets/groups you have).  The ship skin has some uninterrupted x,y,z axis all around that let me make multiple sets of 60,70,400 or something like that. After that is just bricks. Power tanks are nothing but bricks, thus the 10 million bank.

So, you can do L__________  as long as you like til you hit 1 million recharge and then make a second independent one and anything over the first million will be 25 per block no matter how many blocks or how they are configured.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:47:22 pm by BigD145 »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Updaten!

So the pasty few days i've been working on the asteroid interior, i've got some general areas complete, not too detailed though!

Docks and the general transit station:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

then the medical facility:

the plan is to make this main asteroid the main hub and a some large/medium/small asteroids surrounding it! Only two levels left to conceptually start: engineering and security, I'll think i'll have alot of space left over so suggestions are welcome! (after fleshing all the levels of course)

EDIT: some more screenies for your pleasure:

entrance:

power beam light core projection thing:

operation station:

the "core":
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:10:45 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that's enough green to kill superman :P

That's still really cool though.  Wish I could make ships like that.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Wish I could make ships like that.

I could make ships like that.

I will make ships like that.

I will make ships like that. maybe.

see? You can do it! THEEE POOOWEEER WIIITHIIIN!!!

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think my power within is currently satisfied with a lavafall in my factory room and a crappy garden with a stunted tree.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a very small lavafall.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

@Urist: Ooo, parts of your station reminds me of the Von Braun from System Shock 2. I wonder how the map for that would fit inside the model of the ship...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

For some reason I can't log on. I get stuck at the 'Connecting to...' part. Anybody else get this or just me?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 181