Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 324969 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »

I wish that you could add thrusters and reactors to planets/asteroids.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:09 am »

I think we can change OP to 'Goodbye Avorion!', with how this looks.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 12:43:37 am »

For past experiences it seems this kind of games are destined to fail, a game apears that reaches a promising point then it stops, another one apears that is a little bit better only to stop development, and guess what now its a new game. I played a few minutes and it seems cool but this time i think ill keep away untill this fails and a next one apears.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:51 am »

I've been playing this all day, but I keep butting into the limitations of the alpha so I'm not sure that I'm gonna put more time into atm. I'm so keen on seeing where this ends up, if it ends up anywhere :(

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:29 am »

Well... i think i broke the game... i mean after only a few hours i was swimming in millions of dollars... want the trick? build from front to back and dont go too large. Buy some shield and go hunt pirates... make a 700 range laser by tweaking the value and just snipe the pirates.... Salvage and go be rich.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:16 am »

Had a real quick look at this, and was incredibly unimpressed with the flat, barren planets.

Well, I was until I flipped over and looked at the other side of the planet. Then I was incredibly impressed.
Aside from being completely unable to work out any sort of crafting anything, it looks very promising.

EDIT: Nevermind, just worked it out. Snazzy.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 05:49:18 am »

Has anyone worked out how to deal with the bastard pirates? I always get ruined by those guys no matter what I do.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:42 am »

Fun game, but sometimes when I exit my ship, it teleports me up to 500 meters away for some reason.

If you are looking for free hull/power, neutral stations are massive blocks of free materials.

Had a real quick look at this, and was incredibly unimpressed with the flat, barren planets.

Well, I was until I flipped over and looked at the other side of the planet. Then I was incredibly impressed.

Wen I first found a planet, I was increadibly disappointed at the grey flatness of it. Then I got out of my ship and due to the above bug, suddenly found myself on a minecraft-style planet with trees etc. It was very disorientating.

Has anyone worked out how to deal with the bastard pirates? I always get ruined by those guys no matter what I do.

I used all of my starting-credits to build a ship that was primarily rocket-launcher, blaster (whatever the laser weapon was called), and shields, and have managed to destroy them with varying degrees of success.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 07:14:32 am »

Honestly the Flat Planets actually have their charm in my opinion. As well it allows each planet to not be monstrous.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:42 am »

I love landing on them with a heavey ship, it's such a fantastic feeling. Taking off again afterwards is sweet too.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 08:02:32 am »

I threw this game around on Avorion when I were playing there. Good thing someone made a thread about it. :3

Now it's time to earn something 20 million creds to reach into the catalog and bring out my mothership...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 02:18:03 pm »

Yeah, the shop needs some pretty major rebalancing and such. It pretty much renders most of the crafting and mineral hunting obsolete. Also, be sure to check the values of various raw minerals. The blue-glowing ice crystals from ice worlds go for like 500 creds each, and are found in fairly substantial deposits.

As for dealing with NPCs, shields are the key to doing it without losing a lot of blocks and/or exploding. When they are blue, you seem to take no damage, while red shields let damage through. So keep your shields above 50%.

Also, for those who really screwed something up, you can reset the game universe on the launcher; otherwise it's auto-load/auto-save only.

Now back to playing/updating the wiki. :D

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

Also by the way if you are trying to earn tons of cash without... cheating (AKA Mining Space Stations)

Trees are MADE of cash... Hilariously enough money does grow on trees.

My issue with bandits is that I have no weapon that can reliably hit them... that and Bandit stations are immortal.

Also I tried to set up a turret and it didn't exactly work.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

I threw this game around on Avorion when I were playing there. Good thing someone made a thread about it. :3

Now it's time to earn something 20 million creds to reach into the catalog and bring out my mothership...

sment files don't seem to work in the latest version. Ships are unbuyable.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:14 pm »

So I got bored and decided to fly into the sun.

Results were as you'd expect.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 181