Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. JULY 1940  (Read 10901 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. BASE SELECTION
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2013, 09:47:53 pm »

Ah. Whenever you awake, could you let me know how big a square is? Also, what are the green things?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2013, 09:51:53 pm »

Ah. Whenever you awake, could you let me know how big a square is? Also, what are the green things?

Around 10x10 metres, though I have no doubts that there will be odd scale issues. Also the green things are the U-Boat pens. They're 2x9 squares so that they can fit the supply U-Boats. The regular combat types were closer to 60 metres, if I remember correctly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »

So...are the green things like the "floor" of the Pens and the blue things the water's surface, or are there swimming pools on top of the U-Boat pens, or what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 09:50:17 am »

So...are the green things like the "floor" of the Pens and the blue things the water's surface, or are there swimming pools on top of the U-Boat pens, or what?

Ah. The green things are the pool of the pens where the U-Boat sit, while the blue is merely open space above the pens. Does that help?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. JULY
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:57 am »

1st of July, 1940

With the ever-victorious Luftwaffe and the RAF battling over the skies of Britain, the flight to Norway is short and uneventful. After landing in Bergen you are almost unceremoniously stuffed into several Kübelwagens and driven to the base.

Several workers are still putting the finishing touches on the base as you arrive, though you can hardly complain. With the recent surrender of Norway, it's a small miracle that they managed to complete the base in time for your arrival. The previous commander of the base gives you a quick tour of the base's meager facilities (your scientific equipment having arrived just one day earlier) before jumping into a Kübelwagen and speeding off to Bergen.

Well, it's not much, but it's home.

Funding: Favour: 100, Reichsmarks 500 (+89 a month)

Projects: NONE

Spoiler: Submarine Facilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

I'll post the exact specifics about everything's statistics shortly. Obviously if I don't explain something fully, feel free to ask.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »

Ah. The green things are the pool of the pens where the U-Boat sit, while the blue is merely open space above the pens. Does that help?
Yep.
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. JULY 1940
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:16 pm »

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)

I'm sure that did not explain anything at all. Oh well. Ask as many questions as you need, and once the first turn is complete things should go a lot smoother.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Jawohl! Ein Spiel der Übermensch und Wunderwaffe. JULY 1940
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 01:55:29 pm »

Why do garages need to be built on the surface? Couldn't we build an underground garage with a ramp traverse to the surface, as one might see in a parking garage?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2013, 02:03:47 pm »

Why do garages need to be built on the surface? Couldn't we build an underground garage with a ramp traverse to the surface, as one might see in a parking garage?
Those are probably even more noticeable. I mean, an underground ramp hints at underground stuff, while a bunker + garage could be a standard outpost.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2013, 02:05:27 pm »

Those are probably even more noticeable. I mean, an underground ramp hints at underground stuff, while a bunker + garage could be a standard outpost.
With some effort, we could disguise our ramp entrance underneath a matt of snow-covered turf, with hydraulics to push it out of the way when we want something to come in or out.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »

With some effort, we could disguise our ramp entrance underneath a matt of snow-covered turf, with hydraulics to push it out of the way when we want something to come in or out.
If you want to go to the trouble of designing it, you can build your hidden underground garage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2013, 09:00:06 pm »

"I am just a soldier, but I think it would probably be best to make aboveground garages and maybe some kind of other facilities. Make a smokescreen, y'know, maybe some kind of fake oceanography or oceanology place or something.
Sig

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

+1 to the smoke screen base, maybe a radar base?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

Or perhaps with some effort we can disguise ourselves as an Allied radar base/military outpost?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7