Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 301

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread  (Read 164115 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Nature of Humans: IC thread
« Reply #495 on: October 19, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »

"Then our beliefs were at odds even before you invaded my country and killed my family."

Diana spared a glance at the robed man before returning her attention to Ansel.

"So. You defeated my father's armies, took his castle, slew him and his sons... yet you leave his daughter alive. For what end? To preserve the blood of Durhiel?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 19, 2013, 04:28:00 pm »

"The reason you are not dead is because you surrendered. It was never my wish to kill your kin. Drahool forced my hand." Servants filtered in, carrying small platters of food, which were placed on the table. "The fact that I was able to leave one of Durhiel's line alive does gladden me though, I must admit."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 19, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »

"...I surrendered because I am not as strong or as brave as my father."

Yet, she added to herself, in her mind.

"Drahool was a good man. The people of Durhiel are honest, hard working. None of us asked for or deserved this war. Your general said it was to 'save the world.'"

Diana moved her hands off the table to make room for a plate that was put before her.

"I don't see the logic. Wouldn't it be wiser to stand beside Durhiel, instead of conquer it? All you've done is force people to die in a senseless war and engender bad blood... What I'm trying to ask you is, what justifies this fighting?"

She was doing a pretty good job of appearing cold and calm, but inside...

What could possibly justify you sitting there in my father's chair and acting like everything is fine!? My family should be sitting at this table with me, Zayn and Tyrn should be sitting at this table, and Father and Zayn would talk about the state of the guard and joke about which of my brothers was more worthy to inherit the throne and Gram and everything. Would. Be. Normal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 19, 2013, 04:51:09 pm »

"I did everything I could do to get Drahool to give Gram to me peacefully. I asked, bartered, threatened. But he would not yield the Divine Axe to me. That is why he died. That is why war was necessary."

The hooded man placed a hand upon Ansel's shoulder. "My liege, I think perhaps it would be best to tell her why you need Gram." The man's voice was thin and trembled as he spoke.

"...You are of course, right as always..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 19, 2013, 04:54:51 pm »

Diana shrugged, keeping her eyes on Ansel's and waiting to hear his explanation.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 19, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

"The man who stands behind me is my adviser, Kunsel. God has blessed him with farsight, and he told me several years ago that the world was in great danger. Humanity will be wiped from the face of the earth. I can save the world, and I fully intend to. If that requires me to sack Ulfijan as well as Durhiel, so be it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 19, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »

"To put it bluntly, I don't believe you, and I don't believe that this Kunsel has any sort of prophetic power. Have you any proof that you aren't doing this for your own gain?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 19, 2013, 05:15:50 pm »

Ansel frowned, teeth showing. "I have no solid proof. But I trust Kunsel with my life. Nearly a decade ago, he broke into my court, told me I was in danger from someone close to me. I didn't believe him, as you don't." The last of the servants filtered out of the room again. "But I fell deathly ill soon. At first, I thought it was simple sickness. But the best healers could do nothing to ease my pain. As I lay dying, I remembered Kunsel's words, and ordered the room of my younger brother searched. My guards found poison. I had him executed for treason. That is why I believe him."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 19, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »

I still don't. If I were to want to worm my way into someone's confidence in this manner, I would poison him myself and then place the evidence in someone else's belongings.

Diana looked at the food dubiously. All this talk of poison wasn't exactly helping her appetite. Still... if he wanted to kill her, there were less expensive ways to go about it, and it wasn't as if he couldn't make up any story he wanted about what happened to her. The entire situation was frustrating.

"Well, what of the people I came with, that are now imprisoned? I can understand the logic of locking up my personal guard - I don't agree with it, and would rather have them free, but I can understand it. But what of the travelers who merely came with me? Are they still in prison, and if so, why?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:35 pm »

"I have yet to make any decisions regarding the others captured alongside you. They will likely remain imprisoned for some time however. I wouldn't doubt them to make some kind of trouble out of a misplaced sense of loyalty to you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 19, 2013, 06:34:33 pm »

"I suppose there's nothing I can say to change your mind."

Diana took a quiet sip of the soup.

"I'm sure you didn't bring me here solely to answer my questions..."

The princess trailed off, leaving it open for the king to explain what he actually wanted from her. There had to be something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 19, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

Ursa thought it over carefully. The plan seemed good, but there was one potential flaw.

: "...Ursa fit in food cart? Ursa somewhat large, cart might be small..."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 19, 2013, 06:39:00 pm »

Jago, still panicking, places his bleeding hands on Freya's shoulders and looks at her, actually crying.
:"What did I do to deserve this why am I in here why is everything so small and cold and- and dark?! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 19, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »

"My dad used to use it to haul all sorts of things. It's real big, if you lay down, you'll fit, trust me!"

~~~

"I'm sure you understand, with the death of your father, there will be problems here in your homeland. Your people are used to a central government, seated here. I wish to make their transition from sovereign citizens of Durhiel to subjects of Exsten as simple as possible. I believe you would agree it would be for the best."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 19, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

Ceil's head bobbed up on hearing Jago from down the hall. She sighed sadly, turning briefly to her cellmate (presumably Enoch).
: "I always hated the idea of places like this. The darkness, the still air... It feels... Unholy, for lack of a better word." She quietly mused before casting her gaze downward again.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 301