Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain  (Read 17411 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Gravecinders: Thirst Upon the Blazing Plain
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 11:40:42 pm »

13th Felsite. The elves have returned. They came with trade goods, rather than with a vendetta. Nuts. Well, I guess when they get up here I'll go out and see if they have any alabaster, or at least some quality prepared cat intestines. Falafelsandwich is really looking forward to throwing some goblins into a pit, but until I can free up some haulers, justice will be delayed.

In other news, a child has been drained of blood. I'm not sure how I feel about this … tragedy.

15th Felsite. The hospital furniture is placed, the stockpile is established, and we have cloth, gypsum, crutches and the like. Still no soap. I guess that without water it doesn't make much difference.

22 Felsite. I can't prove it in court, but I know that Fath Libashonol just killed Domas Bekararil. Since I cannot involve the courts, I will have him dealt with in a more direct manner. It is imperative that I act now. Falafelsandwich was in the very next room when Domas died. I have already lost a friend to tragedy recently, I am not about to lose another.

24 felsite. It is done. The only other dwarf who knows what I have done is Rith Zolakuzol, who aided me in the task. Now to carve a memorial slab, lest Fath return to haunt me.

In other news, this wagon is worthy to be remembered in stone. I have ordered it to be done.

The elves had little of interest. I bought their wood, both cloth bins, and all the alcohol. They had no alabaster.

(for my next trick, I am going to learn how to crop images. You guys might actually get to focus on the relevant bits next go-round.
Edit: cropped - poorly, but cropped.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:24:26 am by Ozarck »

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2013, 12:02:09 am »

This fort seems to be going well thus far. Could I please receive a spot on the turn list? I've yet to play a succession game and the fort is young enough for me to get a good spot on the list.  :)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2013, 01:02:10 am »

Have we lost pufferfish and kilozombie? If so, there might be room for Aquathug and Sumyunguy.

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2013, 03:31:38 am »

OZARCK THE VAMPIRE SLAYER!!!

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2013, 08:41:35 am »

Have we lost pufferfish and kilozombie? If so, there might be room for Aquathug and Sumyunguy.

HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »

If you don't feel like messing with the execution chamber, perhaps I can grab the map for a month to make the finishing touches.  I'll give you all a diagram of how to use it if we do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2013, 02:26:43 am »

I have it complete, I think. It's in my next update, which will come tomorrow afternoon. Guh, I am up too late. G'night o/

falafelsandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2013, 02:30:52 am »

YAY

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2013, 10:31:58 am »

1 Hematite. Summer has come. As if that makes a difference. Well, Time to try out the execution chamber. Let's see if the dwarven love of throwing things into holes will serve us well today or not. As a precaution, I am stationing the military in the next room to await the fun.

What's this? How long has this liaison been here? I need to get rid of this guy, before he catches – er, before he gets bored and starts hassling innocent, hardworking dwarves. Yeah, innocent.

15th Hematite. The pitting process has been a rousing success. A few goblins and their mounts have been tossed into a hole, a few got loose, and a good time is being had by all. About half the caged prisoners still await their fate in the cages. Hmm. I should put some hatches over those pit entrances, so my dwarves don't get distracted looking at the entertainment below and forget to add their guests to the party.

5th Malachite. After over a month, and at least two dwarven casualties, I officially declare the first trial run of the Pit to be an unqualified success. My only regret is that there are no enemies left to participate. That and the smell. Let's get those body parts dumped. To the Smasher!

7th Malachite. Our stockpiles are a mess. I have disallowed food in most of them for now. Hopefully, the food will make it's way to the four piles specially designated for them, and our dwarves will not have to wander all over the fortress to find a drink.

In other news, I have had to tell our miners that I didn't care if they had to dig as deep as the deepest ocean, I wanted water! I don't drink the stuff, Erib forbid, but I am getting tired of all the complaints from those who have to take care of the animals. Why can't animals drink rum, as Kezat intended, anyway?

9th Malachite. I must have this.

1 Galena. Has our reputation has soured lately? I can't imagine why, when we are capable of making such fine thongs.

5th Galena. We have broken into the caverns. Hopefully there will be water. None is in sight, however. My disappointment is matched only by Kivish the Swordsdwarf's, who is slowly dying of thirst in the hospital.

8th Galena. Never mind. Kivish is no longer complaining of thirst. The well can wait.

12 Galena. Humans have come to wonder at our mighty treasures. They are not getting my thong. Perverts.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2013, 10:38:04 am »

Alright I'll add the two to the bottom of the rotation and put a strike through kilo and puffer until they say they can play again. hmmm try giving the mayor nothing to do or burrowing him into his office.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »

Oh yeah. I completely forgot about that diplomat. I'll get right on it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2013, 03:42:55 pm »

1 Limestone. Fall has come. And with it has come trouble.

I knew that vampire wasn't gone for good. I must act fast. Or must I?

He seems so sad. It seems that having the body parts of our enemies tossed onto his head calms his soul, and he seems to like the heavy thud of the Smasher as it does its work. Perhaps I'll let him unlive a little while longer. There is a slab waiting, should we need to put him to rest.

10 Limestone. The humans had little of interest. Trading seems pretty slow this year.

15 Sandstone. Work on exploring the caverns is slowly progressing. Stockpiles are being organized, and Statues and other furniture are being placed. A fine pile of rotting body parts is accruing in the Smasher – that will be fun to see in action. I can't wait. While coming back to my room from all this activity, I noticed this engraving:

Huh. When did the Dead Glazes take an image of cages as our symbol?

9th Timber. Trouble has arisen again.

It appears that there were not one, but at least two vampires in Gravecinders. I dreaded that this might be. I must find the culprit, and conscript him into the military squad responsible for the maintenance of the Smasher. Its mechanisms need to be oiled … with blood.

I had a discussion with Lokum Bersodel this evening. Upon mentioning the gods, I got an earful about Atir “the Gem of Painting.”

That god sure does curse a lot of creatures to be undead. And Lokum sure has been a part of a lot of civilizations in his sixty-one years. At the end of the evening I congratulated Lokum on his promotion to militia commander. He seemed pleased.

12th Timber.
Oh crap. Oh crapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap.

Everyone run! Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap.................

This fort seems to be going well thus far.

you fool! you've destroyed us all!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:45:35 pm by Ozarck »

Sumyunguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

This fort seems to be going well thus far.
you fool! you've destroyed us all!

...Oh crap! Sorry, didn't mean to doom the fort and all of us with it. :o

If the fort isn't already melted, maybe capture the dragon and feed it invaders?

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:28 pm »

if we capture the dragon nobody touch it. i will add child tags and can begin a breeding program!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »

I saved and quit immediately after seeing it. The defenses of the fortress are no further along than when falafelsandwich ended his round. If the cage traps are not wooden, maybe it can be captured. I have been thinking of walling off the entrances, since dragons are building destroyers, and the bridge will only irritate it. I am open to suggestions. I could mine into the magma and lure it below for some fun ( I guess that would actually be !!fun!!), but I think that will be a final act of defiance.

Wow, I have had an interesting round so far. I built a hospital and an atom smasher, stress tested falafelsandwich's enemy disposal unit, killed one vampire and discovered another, broke into a layer of the caverns (with no water), and took possession of a really comfortable article of underwear. This place sure does live up to it's name.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14