Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 21926 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2013, 03:35:57 am »

Yeah, but now I can't load Necropia at all; even in legends or fortress mode.

This is going to end horribly.
I am harbinger of failure.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

Does that mean there was some sort of armageddon, and the world no longer exists for playing?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2013, 05:41:15 pm »

Not really. It just means my savefile is probably corrupted and we need to fall back to the previous one. It's not Armageddon, just mildly inconvenient.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2013, 10:05:44 pm »

I'd like a go please!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2013, 04:42:42 am »

I am back from my vacation and ready to partake in this once more.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2013, 02:37:53 am »

Sorry, guys! Forgot to check the thread. I am so very ashamed...

Th1DwArfY1, you've been added to the list.

So, InsanityIncarnate, I think you still have a couple of tries left if you want them. Do you want to download the last save again and use your remaining tries, or pass it along to Ruhn?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

I'll pass it along. No need to slow the game down anymore.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:12 am »

OK, I'll message Ruhn about his turn then.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2013, 10:51:20 am »

I'll download and get started tomorrow night.

Edit: download complete.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:37:02 pm by Ruhn »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »

Here is attempt #1:

Oli Brandedpleat: former sheep rancher
Citizen of Kemsabehal
Human
The Hills of Choking area

4078, 17 Opal
I've had this journal for a while, and this is the prefect time to start using it.
There was a flyer by the well for this place called Bloodspire, and after thinking it over for a couple weeks I have decided to buy a few things and go out there.  Forget sheep ranching!!  My uncle Icop hardly pays me anything and old man Asot is always on my case for having long hair.

Threw some rocks at his house, but never hit any windows  :P
I like Zapas the farmgirl a lot, maybe I can get her to come with me?  I will fight some wild animals to show her how brave I am.  There is this beast Cobi Calmroad that everyone complains about, even my dear Zapas, maybe I will slay it.  I will grab some strawberries for a snack while looking for animals.  Oh!  It seems a hot coal fell out of my backpack and started a fire - all around me!!  I'll sit here for a while until it goes out...

(the fire burned me to death, lolz.  Will make attempt #2 this weekend.)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:22 am »

It's kind of depressing that heroes in Dwarf Fortress burn to death during attempts to impress their love interests. In other universes they just fall down the stairs or something, but even that is fatal in DF.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:34 am »

I'm going on another holiday on August 4th. So, if you could hurry, that would be nice.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2013, 11:42:12 am »

I'm going on another holiday on August 4th. So, if you could hurry, that would be nice.
I'll do my best to be finished by tomorrow night.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »

Journal of Umcos Glossvine
Citizen of Koziomon
Human

4078, Obsidian 2
I live in Dipskies.  Talking with some friends today and they are all scared of a creature of the night who lives to the south.  Goes by Gisep Squareshock.  I'm bored with sitting around inside, maybe I will look for him.  My hunting buddies won't come along, so I will visit another town and see how winter is treating them.  It's pretty bleak out here, just miles of snow to walk trough.  I wish I would have bought some good boots before leaving.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found a few muskox out here, but they looked strong so I left them alone.  I chased down a buzzard and fought him with my bare hands for a while.  He kept biting me with his beak, so I decided to break his little feet.

I heard about a place called Bloodspire today, might be worth traveling out there one day.

I got to fortress Relievedposts, and a honey badger attacked me!  I pulled his tongue out and just beat on him in general.

The fort was abandoned, but I found some copper gauntlets, and Iron helm, and bronze shield and scmitar.  There was a nice gem here too I will try to trade off at the next town.  It was after dark when I arrived in Spatteredwar, but made it safely. 

3 Obsidian
Once I woke up I searched around for a while, but couldn't find their well.  I'm going to go north and see about killing this vampire.  I went up to Purplehouses, and found their well.  However the water turns to ice when I pull the bucket out!  I hate winter so much, I wonder if it is warmer in that Bloodspire place?  That reminds me, I'm carrying some firewood, so I'll just build a little fire to heat this up.

Found a crossbower, but she was married and wanted nothing to do with me.  I would take a bath, but it is too bloody cold.  On my way to the next town I found this cave, which is probably the one they were calling “the cavern of seals”.  Tamed Lanternglittered might be here, I will watch my step.

I can feel the life draining from me... he was... so very fast

= = = =
This was fun, but I'm going to give up now.  I had hoped to get a big group together and head for Bloodspire, but nobody would join me since I didn't have any street rep.  The only things to fight were vampires, and after some training and beast killing I couldn't even take a peasant level one.  Since I didn't have much impact on the world go ahead and use jmnmaui's save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uvx2o91gt4fo05/Necropia.zip

Good Luck, Krevsin!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56:37 am »

Shame! Those vampires are brural. Just fyi, you can get followers if you level up a fighting skill to a decent level, even if you don't kill anything. I managed just by leveling up throwing a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17