Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)  (Read 21908 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Necropia: Adventurer Succession Survival Game (Players Wanted!)
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2013, 08:59:21 am »

Sees menacing vampire. Casually tosses a rock and blows his head up. And everyone always asks why I like dwarf fortress :D
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »

To be fair, I did throw about 100 rocks at him before he went down. You'd think he would have grown curious about all the flying rocks. He even dodged a few of them. But he never saw me.

Just played a few more game days and took plenty of pictures. Will probably write tomorrow. Exhaustion from my last week at my horrible job. : /

Moon Label

• Bay Watcher
  • Cannot write post: creature occupying site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »

Sign me up, please. I have an itch to do some storytelling.
Quote from: Toady One on May 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm
I've moved out of the office and turned in my keys.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2013, 11:05:16 am »

Moon Label is added to the list.

So that's that. I've been kind of sick and I don't really feel up for more tries, so I'll pass this along to Argonnek. The save is uploading now but my upload speed is horrific, so I'll post the link when it's ready.

EDIT: Link's up! http://www.filedropper.com/necropiapostsappho2
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:15:46 pm by Sappho »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2013, 03:36:40 pm »

Downloading the save now.

The Story of Naspa Beardrooted.
4th Granite, 4079.

Jasro died last week. I didn't hear how. He was a good smith. I still remember his eyes. His strange slit pupils. I remember how he would always greet me. "Hey, Naspa! How's the beard coming!" And we would laugh. But now there are no jokes.  Now his odd eyes look into the infinite distance, seeing nothing. We buried him nearby.

He's not the only one. A lot of people around here have been dying lately. Many of the houses now lie abandoned, empty. Neighbors, beloved friends, hated enemies. There are so few people now, the fields are quickly becoming untended sand. Come winter, I don't think many will survive.

This was our house. As I stand here I remember. Days of sitting here, talking, joking, dreaming of great adventures. Of romance, of epic battles, of discovery. No more. Now the house we built is in ruins. Being slowly overrun by grass and sand. I crouch down and sift through the sand, as I have many times before. But this time I find something, something sharp. Idly rubbing my cut finger, I look closer and see a dagger, buried in the sand. I pick it up and study it. That's not my blood on the blade. I hear quick footsteps from outside the building.

"Here! He's in here!" someone shouted.

I stand up slowly, looking around, dagger in hand.

"See! Like I told you, he was the one who killed Jasro!"

A group of people stood outside the broken walls of the house. One of them, a mechanic I didn't know, was pointing and shouting, tears running down her cheeks and a look of grief on her face. A few of the stronger looking ones slowly advanced toward me. These were good people. People I knew, people who knew me. People who should have known better. But the way they looked at me. Some with fear, some with doubt, some with burning hate. I feel like I don't know them anymore. But they don't deserve to die. So I run instead, to the east. To the fortress of Faithfullakes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:17:18 pm by Argonnek »

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2013, 01:15:53 pm »

I'd like to request a turn. Can't possibly turn out any worse than getting punched to death by a naked dwarf... right? Right???

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2013, 04:13:29 pm »

It was funny how Sappho's guy was a womanizer, bummer about getting killed.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2013, 07:43:04 pm »

12th of Granite, 4079.

Ravens peck at insects, and the wind whispers through the abandoned towers. The fortress I heard so many tales about as a child. The horrors that this fortress has seen. That ended when the people left almost two thousand years ago. We were always warned never to go here. But what do I have to lose?

I search the keep, and find a bag beneath the dust and mold. Inside, somehow perfectly preserved, are an outfit, a copper helmet and gauntlets, and a flask made out of a heavy grey metal. The flask is covered in decorations, including a picture of a fight between our ancestors and an ancient enemy.

I look closer, and see the date scratched into the metal near the picture. "Midsummer, 79." In a few months, it will be the 4000th anniversary of this fight. "But enough history," I say to myself, "I need to..." What? I need to do something. I can see a tower in the east. It shouldn't take too long to get there. I wonder what's inside.

Though the sun now approaches the western horizon, I've made it to the tower in the middle of the rocky wastes. On the northern face is a door. I approach slowly and quietly. A dwarf shouts at me from the door and charges, but whatever lies inside does not follow. I dodge and the fight begins.

And so the fight ends. I conceal myself in shadows, and approach the door. Peeking inside, I see walking abominations. Elves, dwarves, and humans all in various states of decay standing in the hallway. Among them stands one that is not dead. A human, with eyes colder than the ice of winter. He notices me immediately, and the abominations run at me!

Deciding to take the smart route, I run. If I get around the building, I might be able to-- GAH!

And so the story ends. Oh well. I killed a necromancer, and ended up becoming a zombie myself. The next poor fool shall have his/her story told soon.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2013, 01:31:40 pm »

NOTICE: I'm going out on a family trip for a while, so I won't be able to play. I had started a second adventurer, but didn't get past the training phase. So, I'll just upload the save to keep the game moving. Also note, there is a strong and fast person in one of the southern villages. Be warned, creatures of the night!

http://www.mediafire.com/?y66dcy3vz20j6f6

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2013, 01:13:48 am »

Niyazov added, Infernal_Dalek PMed about his turn.

FYI, my mother is visiting for the next week, so I might not be around much.

Infernal_Dalek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2013, 10:29:36 am »

Roger doger, reporting for duty! I pledge my heart for the king!

Edit: On second thought, you should just skip me. I'm pretty scatter-brained and I haven't been playing much DF lately.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:23:30 am by Infernal_Dalek »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2013, 03:38:48 am »

OK, Th4DwArfY1 has been PMed.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2013, 08:47:05 am »

Starting now.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10:46 am »

Just to be sure, I'm not allowed to quick travel?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2013, 11:27:14 am »

You can quick travel all you want. Just no allocation of skill points at the beginning, and you have to make it to the tower within 14 in-game days.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17