Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268810 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Updated
« Reply #4380 on: September 13, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »

because the game is before the advent of sign language.
Who says that's the case? Chances are there's something equivalent
If she used actual sign language it would be scrambled the same way whatever she says or writes is. but yes, she knows basic sign language. It was a good idea and she tried it a while ago... it didn't work. that's the problem with the effect being in the listener's mind, it can cheat reality to make even the patently obvious unable to be processed. the language isn't the problem, it's trying to actually USE it that fails.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4381 on: September 13, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »

And that will be my next feat, in fact.
Respect.

Also, holy yes that combat scene. Time to drive them back and dust 'em.
Lead the way sir!

@Lenglon
Ah, fair enough. Same applies to telepathy?
----
Huh, well I read Lelia's words but I didn't see her question. Introductions?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: September 13, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »

Telepathy (the version I would expect) doesn't use language, it is direct transmission of concepts from mind to mind ignoring words and language entirely. it would work.
now then, if she was instead transmitting words into people's minds instead of concepts, then yes, it would be scrambled.

question was in the gestures/actions...

you were able to read what she said?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4383 on: September 13, 2014, 03:40:01 pm »

Hmm, good news then.
Keep in mind, there's fancy fate-bonds forming between everyone the longer they're together. So your party members may grow more able to keep track of you, and communication may become easier with them as time goes on.

:3 Not that hard.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:41:43 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 13, 2014, 03:41:27 pm »

"ラ̧̢̕͞͠ナ̢̛́ト͢͝テ͘͟͡ ̀͏̵̢̢チ̨͠͡͡コ̷̨͡ラ̸̕͡͞カ̵̕͢ ̡́̕͡カ̧҉̢͡ク҉̨̧͘͡ク̧̛͜͞ニ͝͏́̕͟・̡҉""

It's a hassle to do this one, but... I'm pretty sure it's effective.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4385 on: September 13, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

Mosquito mosquito click click two? DAMNIT GOOGLE TRANSLATE, YOU'VE FAILED ME!
Badges of honor

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: September 13, 2014, 03:45:35 pm »

Mosquito mosquito click click two? DAMNIT GOOGLE TRANSLATE, YOU'VE FAILED ME!
Don't worry, it's still english.

Answer key: How about this

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4387 on: September 13, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »

Hah, I seriously considered bluffing with exactly that quote, (woo context clues!), but didn't. Oh well.
Badges of honor

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4388 on: September 13, 2014, 04:37:51 pm »

Double-posting because reasons.

Hey Myral, should Sylvari or Thales hit an EPIC FAIL and need assistance, want us both to head for them simultaneously?

Also, @Ross
Do we have/how many healing potions does the party have? Thinking post-battle, unless Daethwin has mending songs.
-e Also also,
How much of an effect does the shield's regen have each turn?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:20:22 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: September 13, 2014, 05:10:40 pm »

Hey Myral, should Sylvari or Thales hit an EPIC FAIL and need assistance, want us both to head for them simultaneously?
Hey, The Great Thales Aranis does not hit EPIC FAILs. Heathen lowbrow.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 13, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »

@Grizzly: Yeah, probably for the best in case something bad happens and the get separated.

@Remuthra: You know those heathens though, they always play cheap and dirty, using crude and vile tricks and lies in the place of true strength and truth.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: September 13, 2014, 05:15:24 pm »

I'm glad someone knows the way the world works :P.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4392 on: September 13, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »

Hm...what if they both hit EPIC FAILs and are separated? Should we split up? Dibs on the more-combat-able one :p
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:21:29 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 13, 2014, 06:48:56 pm »

Yeah, if things go that bad then we should split up. Hopefully they won't though, since Jewel and Rurail are at their strongest together.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4394 on: September 13, 2014, 07:27:14 pm »

Mk, how about we both go for the first critical-fail together this next round, and if there are two we'll split up next round? Thinkan narratively.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 332