Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268785 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Updated
« Reply #4395 on: September 13, 2014, 08:25:39 pm »

Yikes-Reading the OPs again to definitively determine my character's magic "area", which is definitely the mental field, I realized that Ross said that magic can "affect/effect reality". He does realize that that means that magic either changes (affect) or CREATES (To "effect" a solution is to create or start one, a law that is in "effectiveness" is the same idea) reality.....which would be kind of nasty. Kind of very nasty. At least we haven't seen any physics-destroying magicians yet.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: September 13, 2014, 09:08:15 pm »

I am very glad that you noticed that. :)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »

Mk, how about we both go for the first critical-fail together this next round, and if there are two we'll split up next round? Thinkan narratively.

Sounds good.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: September 13, 2014, 11:19:33 pm »

Mmm. Lenglon has a bard, just realized that. That will be interesting, but considering I'm going Seer shouldn't cause too many/any complications.

Though I have to wonder if my perception based abilities will be able to beat her Unintelligible, at some point(since in my case, it would be better called Listener). Or at the very least let me get the gist.

Maybe we'll just have to communicate through ~music~, the universal language. Or maybe...does it affect lip-reading? Because if it's in my head, I think I'd be able to notice it, since I noticed the whispers in Thale's head. And figured out who they were from, to boot. Daeth is rather perceptive.

Or something.

In any case, all magicians are physics destroying.

It's magic, Madman.

Back to magic stuff. Requiem didn't work, apparently. Or just didn't have a noticeable effect, which amounts to the same thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: September 14, 2014, 12:20:18 am »

Really depends on the exact means that it scrambles things. Does it scramble every attempt to communicate, intentional or no? If only the intentional, one might be able to glean meaning through unintentional gestures or so such. Being able to read auras would probably make this a cinch, or via means she isn't aware of with methods of communicating.

Kinda funny that it seems the best way to communicate would be in a way that keeps her in the dark of the method of communication, assuming only intentional methods of communication would be scrambled.

Also, physics is a loose word when anybody can make fire out of almost nothing and the world (along with everything in it) is made of mana (which is also soul).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: September 14, 2014, 01:02:01 am »

Really depends on the exact means that it scrambles things.
it blocks/scrambles/confuses/whatevers language. body language/pantomime are exceptions because they aren't actual languages in the same sense as English/Spanish/Japanese/Tagalog are. the other exception is she is allowed to understand herself. she can read her own writing, but nobody else can. she can hear her own words properly, but nobody else does. and so on. otherwise her internal thoughts would be scrambled and that would be literally mind-breaking to try to deal with.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: September 14, 2014, 02:25:24 am »

OK, guys, I tried to respark my interest to the game, but the character is ancient and  there are little to many players for my tastes. So, I am officially resigning from the game
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: September 14, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »

Aww. :(

Well, canon will imply that Tarana went on a quest with a few of her cult-sisters, should you desire to return at any point.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: September 14, 2014, 12:34:36 pm »

Thanks for the option. Maybe when this damned war in my country will be over I'll return to more active gaming. 
Nowadays I pick games that allow me to turn off my brain and don't require active thinking, character immersion, regular posting and good not awful English writing.

You are a great DM and I loved that game back then... It feel like it was several years ago. So many events happened.

P.S. Should you start some suggestion game I'll be here :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »

I've been thinking about reviving Urban Vampire, but Adventuring Party will always come first.

Best of luck, sir.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: September 14, 2014, 01:32:43 pm »

So, a bit of an info update on relative XP for beta:

In order, it's Thales (possibly the end of this battle), Jewel (first quarter of the next), and then everyone else (1/2 to 2/3 of the next.)

Some bonus XP was awarded, too. There's also a small amount of grinding for Thales and Daeth in Tongues and Dispel, but nothing worth a bonus yet.

So, in addition to " five versus thousands" y'all should consider level.

I have no idea how many potions you guys have,  or gold. Lemme see if I can find it; if not, then we'll figure it out.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: September 14, 2014, 01:36:04 pm »

Reminds me. Will we have a chance to apply buffs before the next battle and such? I thought I might try and grant knowledge of how the enemy will react for combat bonuses.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: September 14, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »

Yes. In character, you will have a night, plus a day and a half to prepare.

Buffs and potions selectively stack. Like, if you have a potion that grants 5 soak and also one that grants three against the same type, it's going to be five, not eight.

But you can have a Blessing, a Combat, a Regeneration, etc going on. You might have wicked gas the next day, but the standard potions are designed to play as nice together as possible.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: September 14, 2014, 01:46:03 pm »

Alright, we'll need to buff like mad before the huge fight. Good thing that's a bard's specialty.

Also, woo, close to a level. I think. I may just be being dense at the moment, but I take it as meaning that I'm a fourth of the way to the next level?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: September 14, 2014, 01:48:01 pm »

I think what's being listed there is the time until we level up, based on how much XP Ross will be giving out.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 332