Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268844 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Recruiting New Players
« Reply #4350 on: September 11, 2014, 08:33:16 pm »

I was gonna look at Morgrod but the profile has three feats at level 7. Zane is 15 at level 26, but as a demigod, he has two bonus feats.

Let's go with "every even number" since I have said 2 at 3, 1 per two levels.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: September 11, 2014, 08:36:14 pm »

Looked at the profile. Going to say "approved" on it.

Beta, expect update tomorrow. No bedtime, so I've got time.  (the animals, the animals, trapped trapped trapped till the cage is full)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »

Will the update include renditions of Ross the Almighty playing with model weapons?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: September 11, 2014, 09:28:23 pm »

No. :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

PEW PEW said the Ross

And all was good
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:55 am »

...Just looked at the sheet for Lenglon's character and (due to it's backstory before lichdom) it looks like Morgrod has found a little sister figure! I had originally designed that BFS midget girl to take that role because character development, but Lelia has fallen in at just the right time to steal the spot. Unless Lenglon doesn't want it to be so, in which case I'll keep looking for another chance the character development that I have planned.

EDIT: Hey Ross, which 'good'-aligned god (or at least Mingan-opposing) would most likely send a 'paladin'-type to burn down a semi-peaceful town?

EDIT2: DAMNIT. Forgot to mention ages ago when it came up, Morgrod, like Myrln does have amnesia, but it's gonna be temporary. It just needs to come to terms with some stuff that hit it pretty hard when it was mortal, that is partly why he needs a little sister figure. That or Mingan needs to completely cast him aside or for
That would shock it out. I actually have two main routes for Morgrod to attempt - one of Redemption (Casting aside it's death magic and regaining it's mortality.) and one of Ascension (What it sounds like.) There are a couple of minor possibilities for him to pursue, but they're pretty unlikely.

EDIT3: Final note, I promise; Ross did you say anything about how the afterlife works?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:09:47 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: September 12, 2014, 08:32:15 am »

Coranthiir.

If a god has claim, you go to their special heaven / hell. Otherwise, they reside in the Plane of Souls, which is the middle of Death. Shin has Dominion here.

It's worth noting that Shin can deny access to the special heavens and hells, and in some cases, actively does.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: September 12, 2014, 08:36:22 am »

So is there a hell? Cos a lot of the late-game character development for Morgrod may be trying to redeem itself so it could - you know, fuck it. I'll just PM you what I have written down.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:47:26 am by Gamerlord »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:37 am »

There are MANY hells.

Material
Consisting of the tangible physical world, most beings are born, live, and die here.

Reflective
The Reflective Plane overlaps the Material Plane and all Divine Planes. It usually cannot be sensed from the Material Plane - however, those in the Reflective Plane can see into the Material. It is presumed that this is the resting spot for newly departed souls before their travel onwards.

Divine
Each Deity holds a divine plane of existence to themselves and their followers - they are essentially smaller versions of the Material Plane, although the rules within each plane may differ from Deity to Deity.

Aether
The Aether Plane is the boundary between all planes - endless, timeless, and void of inhabitants, although bits of wreckage and flotsam can be found. It is presumed that the Aether is where the Deities and all powers originate from.

Ascendant
Ascendant Planes are the planes composed of the domains of the Greater Deities. Very little is known of these planes, and it is presumed that these planes resemble what the Material Plane would be like with each deity Ascendant, leading some to speculate that Malu was Ascendant at some point to shape the Material Plane as it is known.

Descendant
Ascendant Planes are the planes composed of the domains of the Lesser Deities. Very little is known of these planes.

I'd like to remind you that Daimonas is the God of Aether.

There are definite reasons why teleportation is rare.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: September 12, 2014, 08:46:59 am »

Damn. If that's the case - no, no, I just realised that I can work this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: September 12, 2014, 09:15:02 am »

Lenglon, I'm going to hold off on replying until Ross tells me whether or not my cool knowledge virtue will help me understand you. Like, with your voice ACTUALLY being twisted into some ancient dialect of some forgotten language or some such. Because that would be cool. And also, I think, nice for you, who would be able to be somewhat less of a neglected, forgotten beast person. (Dwarf Fortress mode, YEAH!)
It's a mental effect in the mind of the listener. It doesn't matter what she says, it is heard wrong. case in point:
"Hello."
becomes:
"ĺ̷̢̛̀ǫ̵͝͠Ḩ͞҉͜͞e̷̢ļ̷͟.̨͏҉̴͡"

the same effect applies to text she writes down, but there's a trick to that one. it only applies if SHE writes it down. if someone copies the "picture" she drew, and then tries to read the COPY, they can read it.

if her actual speech/song was being changed, her magic wouldn't work.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:46 am »

Can she use hand gestures?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:25 pm »

Darnit you, Lenglon!!! You just have to make this hard. You want to be an antisocial person, don't you. However, I have a solution! Being a well-educated person, my character can, if not translate it, at least understand the curse, and possibly either fix it or mock you.
Oh, and I definitely did explain WHY Telcontar didn't have parents-it says right there "both of whom died before he knew them" hence preventing mental trauma besides the fact that his sort-of adopted wizard-parent-guy died to a rogue spellcaster/mage, whichever. Telcontar then tried to go after the rogue mage, and was badly injured, and in an as-yet undisclosed method (Ahem, I haven't figured out how he's gonna have done it yet) released a bunch of scary power, brought himself even CLOSER to death, and killed the rogue mage.

Oh, and, Ross, I didn't edit the HP/MP stats, but I'll give it a try right now, and I'm going to clarify the backstory as well. I think, however, that I'll be done with stat/feat/virtue/flaw updates, as I can't think of anything else for them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: September 12, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »

Darnit you, Lenglon!!! You just have to make this hard. You want to be an antisocial person, don't you. However, I have a solution! Being a well-educated person, my character can, if not translate it, at least understand the curse, and possibly either fix it or mock you.
It wouldn't be a real penalty or challenge to roleplay if it was able to be bypassed easilly.
Oh, and I definitely did explain WHY Telcontar didn't have parents-it says right there "both of whom died before he knew them" hence preventing mental trauma besides the fact that his sort-of adopted wizard-parent-guy died to a rogue spellcaster/mage, whichever.
That was never in question. His bloodline, relatives, and overall familial situation while he was growing up, especially why he ended up "growing up fighting", was what was in question. the scion of two noble houses would be the subject of significant court intrigue, yet I don't see where politics affected his childhood at all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: September 12, 2014, 09:15:31 pm »

Hey, it's possible. And plus, it'd be a great roleplay feature. You won't, perhaps, be 100% stressed out all the time because you can't yell at people that they're all stupid, but will still rely on someone for translation. Hmm.... sneaky self-favoring mistranslations anyone?

Nobody said TWO noble houses. Just one. I'll come up with more details as I go along, but for now I'm just going to say that due to court intrigue, perhaps, he lived with the non-noble-house family, until his parents died, probably from something horrible and usual. Like betrayal for political reasons. Then went to live with the wizard, who found out about what had happened and saved the child, raising him, teaching him about this backstory element which nobody should otherwise have any clues about. ;) Basically, stuff happened, and he ended up learning from a wizard. Without parents. Vigilante justice, anyone? Black bat-suit?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 332