Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268817 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Recruiting New Players
« Reply #4365 on: September 12, 2014, 09:46:07 pm »

Hey, it's possible. And plus, it'd be a great roleplay feature. You won't, perhaps, be 100% stressed out all the time because you can't yell at people that they're all stupid, but will still rely on someone for translation. Hmm.... sneaky self-favoring mistranslations anyone?
I'm not changing my character to meet your desire of translating for her.

The nature of her curse was decided back when the character was first being generated, years ago. It's supposed to be a royal hassle to work around. Lelia is one of the stronger characters in my collection and it's a balancing factor for the character.

There's a reason i said I was adapting characters to each given game's system. the last time I actually generated a *new* character was back in February. I prefer to continue/reboot the tale of existing ones, and have a very large backlog to work off of from a time about 5 years ago when I was doing some large-scale world-gen. (I've since attempted to GM for said world a several times, here and elsewhere, but I've found out that I'm a bad GM. I'm unwilling to hand the world over to anyone else though. One of these days I'll get it together and GM it properly.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: September 13, 2014, 03:24:57 am »

Hey Lenglon, what were your thoughts on this?
...Just looked at the sheet for Lenglon's character and (due to it's backstory before lichdom) it looks like Morgrod has found a little sister figure! I had originally designed that BFS midget girl to take that role because character development, but Lelia has fallen in at just the right time to steal the spot. Unless Lenglon doesn't want it to be so, in which case I'll keep looking for another chance the character development that I have planned.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: September 13, 2014, 03:35:33 am »

((I think that would or wouldn't develop over the course of the game, and am taking a 'wait and see' stance on it. I don't mind it occurring though.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: September 13, 2014, 03:38:24 am »

((I think that would or wouldn't develop over the course of the game, and am taking a 'wait and see' stance on it. I don't mind it occurring though.))
Awesome and yes, it would take quite a while to develop.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: September 13, 2014, 12:59:31 pm »

Well, you've really left me at a loss, Lenglon. Honestly, I can't seem to think of a good way to carry on that conversation. Well, whenever I get some time, I'll let my character be as clueless as me. Because what's better than a bit of utter confusion and total loss for words?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: September 13, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »

the italicized text is my thoughts, I haven't said a single word yet. just start talking, same as you would for anyone else. trying to make myself understood is my problem, and I have several methods available to me.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: September 13, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »

I know. I'm trying to figure out how to have a surprised person who has just about NONE of MY knowledge about YOUR character react. By the way, I agree that the whole "can't really talk to anyone" thing is a neat roleplay idea. Although, I must admit, it'd make me go absolutely CRAZY. But, still, excellent idea and good thoughts and how to use it in-game. Of course, you're giving me a headache, and I can talk to anyone!

OK, I posted. Everyone give a cheer for a socially awkward one-sided conversation!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:32:07 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Updated
« Reply #4372 on: September 13, 2014, 02:27:49 pm »

There we go, Beta.

Sorry about the delay. Trying to make actions resolve in a way that makes sense is always fun.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: September 13, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »

I don't know, Ross, seems easy to write a combat scene. Try holding a discussion with someone who A. can't speak to you and B. is communicating in vague hand signals, because the game is before the advent of sign language.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neat combat scene, though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 02:43:41 pm by Madman198237 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: September 13, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

Nice work, Ross.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4375 on: September 13, 2014, 03:17:00 pm »

because the game is before the advent of sign language.

Who says that's the case? Chances are there's something equivalent, (or better yet, magically equivalent, (cough telepathy cough)), but Lelia very well could not know it.
Mind, mind-reading a sapient creature could be rather difficult for a mostly-combat-oriented psycher.
-e
Oh, hey, I think you've got one too many virtue points. 2xCritical=6+Major=8.

Meanwhile, woohoo update!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: September 13, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »

Hey, it's your own fault if you didn't invest in divine Tongues abilities.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4377 on: September 13, 2014, 03:19:23 pm »

Yeah yeah, what investment? So far that's a freebie, 'less you make it an official feat.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 03:28:04 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: September 13, 2014, 03:20:55 pm »

To be fair, he succeeded a roll that Ross didn't seem like he believed Thales would actually succeed. I think Ross said what the chance of success was, and it was something like 10-20%.

Also, holy yes that combat scene. Time to drive them back and dust 'em.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: September 13, 2014, 03:23:22 pm »

Luck is a currency :P.

And that will be my next feat, in fact.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 332