Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268208 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I can see the character with levels in Saint. Chi seems more fitting than magic for some reason.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me, and it makes sense considering chi is more inner bodily energy and stuff like that if I recall (although magic in this 'verse is the body and soul itself though, although I guess Chi may be a different spin on it, like a different way to tap into the same stuff?).

Would Saint be that of a certain deity, or just one in general? If it is of a certain deity, what god is the most about perseverance, intense training, and going beyond the peak of the mortal form in physical ability? Well, regardless of whether saint is of a certain deity or not that question still stands.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

In general.

Shin, actually. Discipline, training, self reliance, not much on magic except the minimum needed for efficiency. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Hm. Sounds good to me! On both counts, I can see Shin going pretty much like bread and butter for this guy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Who's the magic-hate god?

Or at least the 'magic must serve man and never be served by him yes sagely wisdom guy I am' god?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Daimonas hates everything.

Halloran is all about order, the greater good, and how free will is evil.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Arnum is lord of everything, so you should serve him.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shut up, Thales. Not even Arnum likes you. He's just humoring you for the moment.

Halloran is not what I was looking for(kinda the opposite, actually), and Daimonas is evil.

So seriously none of the gods dislike magic specifically? Or disdain it or whatever?

Wow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

What should the stat average be at level 10?

What's the soak level of full plate?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Mostly Shin if any of them disdain it. Most of them  are amused by non-divine magic and have been playing Universe for eons upon eons.

It's a tool, pretty much. Now, that's not to say they are all lovingly welcome of all power. Coranthiir obviously hates Free Magic, for one. Shin outright bans necromancy to his true followers, etc, etc.

So you could design a character who uses auric powers who hates and works against magic. The more specific the magic, the more effective the counter.

By that point, I expect two or three more points total, five at best, and there should be a good story explaining why.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Auric powers? I know not what these are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Breastplate - 4 slash / 4 pierce / 2 bludgeon / 2 ballistic, roughly. I'm sorry, I haven't looked at the numbers in a while.

Chi powers. They get called "auric" because quite a few practitioners have fancy SFX and reading auras is almost as important as literacy when it comes to chi. Also, and mostly, it's to not sound like Naruto and/or Dragon Ball Z.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. Mebbe. I had been thinking anti-magic flavor, more, but that might work too(kindof a 'Supernatural=evil, I must stop supernatural stuff' thing, but maybe not. It depends).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Here's the first version of my planned character for Act 1.5. I didn't really have a reference point for it, so let me know if something is unbalanced for the level.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

So, I really wish I still had my divine Chaos/Order Good/Evil matrix.

I still remember it, though, so...

Most Chaotic: Mingan, Tokee, Shin, Daimonas, Bree, Ingram

Most Lawful: Coranthiir, Halloran, Arnum, Illeni, Vijer, Ayrn

Most Evil: Daimonas, Sanoci, Darshendros,  Uayli, Marika, Sa'ada

Most Good: Yupoli, Illeni, Aroha, Radan, Minkah, Vijer

Most Neutral: Chelan, Eyilana, Ayrn, Sanoci, Liagora, Malu

Note that the gods of Evil and Law are not the most evil or lawful, and that the most Lawful is not on the "most good" list.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:32:14 am by Ross Vernal »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 332