Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268221 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Odds of instant attunement, odds of being able to understand automatically, and then comprehend check.

S.

Sounds like a base mixed class. Depends on what class.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

How should I allocate my magic loot? Not exactly sure at the moment.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

How should I allocate my magic loot? Not exactly sure at the moment.
Determine your best party role and get something to help that. Maybe some sort of weapon that buffs and heals allies when you hit something?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Part of me thinks of taking the idea of a sentient weapon, but making it empty. When he picks it up, the violent side escaps into  the weapon.  I can see the violence half taking over and suddenly the other is in the sword, and studies the vessel.

So, basically, a magical weapon that is half the character, with a constant obsession with improving and reforging until perfection is reached. As far as actual powers, I'm not sure.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Alera

Metal crafting.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

That seems like a good idea, although the two sides would argue constantly. Should it more damage while angry is in the sword? I dunno, I'm rubbish at balancing numbers.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Hmm. When Smith Sylvari is in the sword, it has one set of enchants; Rage Sylvari has another.

S type would probably always be Perfect quality. Uhm...

R type, fire damage?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Why not; fire is always fun. Angry outside the sword will be pretty aggressive and destructive, while Smith is sort of calm, although paranoid.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

The base can be True Graysteel, with both sides being  able to gain level in Paragon: Magical Sword. That leaves you with 8 slots, if I did the math correctly.

I think that it's acceptable for it to mean "each"  since it is specifically one personality part at a time. One side is Whitesteel and the other Blacksteel.

So... R is fire. I'd think +5 damage, and maybe Ruin and Absorb Life.

S...  Uh,  always pristine so a +1 to damage and 5% to-hit, leaving 7 slots.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

What should I do with my extra slots?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Put spells in them. Do something like Impact or Greater Creation or something for the smith side. Or protective spells.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

... Actually, if a shield could stretch and strengthen to protect the wielder, I would imagine that a smith in a sword would be able to as well.

Working with the "obsession" idea, I get "Command Metal" so it can literally steal the metal out of what it hits. Naturally, that leads to a sword that throws swords after eating other swords.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Increased damage/increased soak on a successful hit, depending on mode?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

So were those the attunement rolls themselves, or the chances rather? The latter numbers look like chances, I think.

Either way, it looks like Jewel has a good chance of at least semi-figuring the thing out from what I can tell. I'm curious as to its effects, and what it would be capable of in the hands of an earth elemental.

As for Syvlari's awesome sword, maybe something that allows it to somewhat function as a bludgeon? I think I remember Smurf's character specializing in blunt weaponry, so maybe his smith form allows it to strike like a hammer if he wishes?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:50:20 pm by Xanmyral »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

A hammer that is dual formed : big hammer and Smith hammer?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Working with the "obsession" idea, I get "Command Metal" so it can literally steal the metal out of what it hits. Naturally, that leads to a sword that throws swords after eating other swords.

Yes. So much yes. Shred armor and weapons, turn them into projectiles. Would that take up multiple slots?

Increased damage/increased soak on a successful hit, depending on mode?

Well, I want anger mode to output raw, pure damage, whereas smith mode should focus on elegance, efficiency and technique, so I'd give anger mode a few offensive spells and smith mode a few Greater Creation spells.

A hammer that is dual formed : big hammer and Smith hammer?

Makes sense, replacing a big warhammer with a sword doesn't make too much difference.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 332