Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268215 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

In that case, I'd had an idea for some sort of robotic gun platform character.

I think that I should show you the Seraphim.

The Seraph
- name:
-none-

- race:
Angelborn Human Cyborg

- sex:
Male

- appearance:
A tall, muscular individual with near-white 'skin' that appears to be composed of something inorganic. He has no visible facial features: no eyes, mouth, or nose on his face, no trace of hair on his visible body. Underneath his skin, he appears to be made of a disturbingly intricate set of clockwork materials.

- height:
6'9"

- weight:
362 lbs

- Defensive Abilities:

†Ars Magus†
-Divine Armor- The Seraph's Divine Armor manifests itself in his body and presence, extending about him for two feet. The Divine Armor provides massive resistance to almost all varieties of damage, dampening powers and stopping the force of mundane attacks. However, there are holes in this soak - acid, electric, and unholy energies are quick to bypass and degenerate the Seraph's divine protection; likewise, raw magic, MILF, and fire will penetrate with only moderate reduction.

†Ars Constructum†
Clockwork Cloud- The Seraph is orbited by hundreds if not thousands of tiny clockwork fragments. Whether this is through magnetism or magic is unknown; however, these are moving at high speeds and are quite solid. As a result, entering into close combat with the Seraph will result in damage. Likewise, sonic and lower-caliber gunfire attacks are deflected or negated by this defensive protection.

†Ars Victus†
-none-

- Passive Abilities/Enhancements

†Ars Magus†

Illeni's Blessing- The Seraph's association with the forces of justice and good has marked him as Holy. Only those with evil hearts will find it easy to attack the Seraph - this manifests itself as feelings of worthlessness and despair.

Hand of Zealotry- The Seraph's law is the law of higher powers -this ability allows the Seraph to deal justice to both evil and neutral aligned characters with equal impunity.

†Ars Constructum†

Gear of the Soul- The Seraph's body includes a great Soul Gear that works to rapidly replenish his Ars Magus abilites.

Spring of the Enhanced Capacitor- The gears and springs that comprise the Seraph's makeup are of the best quality and power, and grant him increased Ars Magus abilites, as well as overall health and stamina.

Mechanear- This device enables the Seraph to consciously enhance and even filter certain types of background noise. Not only is hearing improved, but the Seraph cannot become dizzy or nauseous as a result of extreme disorientation.

Implants- The Seraph's bone structure is melded with various other metals, including carbide and adamantine. Likewise, his muscles are strewn with carbon nanotubes and various other things to increase his durability and strength.

†Ars Victus†
Secondary Heart- The secondary heart is capable of boosting the blood supply or maintaining full life functions even with the destruction of the Seraph's original heart. This allows him to survive low oxygen concentrations and traumatic injury.

Blood Organ- This organ is implanted into a main blood vessel. The organ adjusts the make-up of the Seraph's blood. As a result, the Seraph blood is considerably more efficient than ordinary human blood.

Predigestive Stomach- This allows the Seraph the ability to eat a variety of otherwise poisonous or indigestible materials. No actual digestion takes place in this organ. Individual sensory tubes assess potential poisons and neutralize them or, where necessary, isolate the body from the rest of the digestive tract.

Phage- This is a complicated implant. It really becomes part of the brain, but is actually situated within the spinal cord between the cervical and thoracic vertebrae. Four nerve sheaths called neuroclea are implanted between the spine and the predigestive stomach wall. The phage is designed to absorb genetic material generated in animal tissue as a function of memory, experience or innate ability. This endows the Seraph to absorb some of the memories of the eaten creature.

Multi-lung- The multi-lung, or 'third' lung, is a tubular grey organ. Blood is pumped through the organ via connecting vessels grafted onto the recipient's pulmonary system. Atmosphere is taken in by means of a sphincter located in the trachea. In toxic atmospheres, an associated sphincter muscle closes the trachea and restricts normal breathing, thus protecting the lungs. The multi-lung is able to absorb oxygen from poorly oxygenated or poisonous air. Most importantly, it is able to do this without suffering damage thanks to its own efficient toxin dispersal, neutralization and regeneration systems.

Recirculator- This red-brown and heart shaped organ improves and modifies the Seraph's circulatory system. The recirculator also filters blood extremely efficiently and quickly. The secondary heart and recirculator are able to act together, enabling the Seraph to survive poisons and gases which are otherwise too much for even the multi-lung to cope with.

Tracker- Although the predigestive stomach protects the Seraph from digesting anything too deadly, the Tracker enables him to assess a potential food by taste. The organ is implanted into the back of the mouth. By chewing, or simply by tasting, the Seraph can detect a wide variety of natural poisons, some chemicals and even the distinctive odors of some creatures. To some degree, the Seraph can track by taste alone.

Venom Gland- Two of these identical glands are implanted alongside the salivary glands. This gland works in a similar way to the poison gland of venomous reptiles by synthesizing and storing deadly poison. The Seraph is rendered immune to this poison by virtue of the gland's presence. The gland allows the Seraph to spit a blinding contact poison. The poison is also corrosive.

Occulobe- This small slug-like organ sits at the base of the brain. It provides the hormonal and genetic stimuli which enable the Seraph's eye to respond to his mind. The Seraph has far better eyesight than a normal human, and can see in low light conditions almost as well as in daylight.

- Activated Abilities

†Ars Magus†

Prayer- The Seraph may pray for one of four types of outcomes, or may choose to request a random result. The four categories of prayer are offensive, defensive, insight, and Ars Magus.

Offensive Answers Wrote:
[1-5] Offensive Blessing: Grants an increase in reflexes for five posts.
[6] Holy Eye: Increases accuracy and power of ranged attacks for five posts.
[7] Offensive Power: Combination of Holy Eye and Offensive Blessing.
[8] Strength of the Dragon: The Seraph gains the strength of a fully mature dragon at his prime in addition to prayer results 7 for five posts.

Defensive Answers Wrote:
[1-6] Defensive Blessing: Grants additional damage resistance to his Divine Armor for five posts.
[7] Defensive Power: All defensive soaks are effectively doubled.
[8] Unkillable: This Answer grants near total invulnerability to the Seraph for five posts.

Insight Answers Wrote:
[1-7]Increased Perception: The Seraph's perceptions are heightened to bullet-time perception abilities for five posts.
[8]Precognition: The Seraph is given the gift of precognition for five posts, able to see into the future.

Ars Magus Answers Wrote:

[1-4] Magic Blessing: Increases the Ars Magus abilities by fifty percent for five posts.
[5] Rejuvenation: Fully regenerates all damage done to the Seraph in two posts after the Prayer.
[6] Holy Conduit: Improves the Purify skill so that each infusion is twice as effective than normal.
[7] Kiss of the Clouds: A powerful bolt of lightning from the sky strikes down the Seraph's opponent.
[8] Wings: The Seraph gains wings for five posts.

Purify- The Seraph is capable of purifying the arena he is in, making it holy ground. This serves to increase ALL of his powers by 50% of their current levels for every post spent purifying the area. This is an AOE that cannot harm an opponent, and is unable to be dispelled - it must be defiled an equal amount of posts to stop the Seraph's abilites. One Purification fades after every ten posts, and Purification does not stack beyond the fifth post.

Strengthen- The Seraph is capable of boosting his strength through the manipulation of his faith for a short period of time. This ability lasts for two posts, and is the difference in power between a TKO punch versus a regular hit.

Holy Fury- The Seraph You is able to focus his Holy anger in such a way that allows him to remain in battle for longer periods of time. The Seraph is capable of continuing a battle for several posts as if unhindered, even if he should be dead (i.e. decapitated, etc.)

†Ars Constructum†
Eye of Clockwork Precision- This is a specialized charge attack that dramatically increases the aim of the Seraph when it is used. It cannot be used in conjunction with Greater Smite, but when used, it is incredibly rare for the Seraph to miss a shot - blades have been known to sunder and disarm with the Eye in use.

†Ars Victus†
-none-

- Offensive Abilities

†Ars Magus†

Eye of Judgment- This ability allows the Seraph to project beams of holy power from his eyes. They do significant damage - five to eight seconds of contact against a unprotected human is generally fatal.

Greater Smite- The Seraph is able to summon the mightiest of vengeful power into his attacks. This is an especially devastating attack that deals an extraordinary amount of Holy damage to its target - a unprotected human, even with a glancing blow, is likely to die of this wound. Against demonic or evil targets, this attack will also cause them to burst into holy flames upon contact. This ability can only be used twice in battle, and is rather draining to the Ars Magus of the Seraph.

†Ars Constructum†

Song of the Word- This ability allows the Seraph to tap into the great, binding force of all that is good and holy - The Word. Or, in other words - loud singing that is capable of causing disorientation or deafness if exposed for too long. Three seconds of the Song have been known to shatter glass.

†Ars Victus†

Infinite Attack- The Seraph's Infinite Attack is called so due to the speed of his attacks - by the time the Seraph's opponent will have perceived a single attack, the Seraph will have performed it three times. This only applies to melee combat and hand-to-hand, however; his ranged abilities are not affected. When used with Greater Smite, each individual attack counts as a single use.

- weapons:

Clockwork Blade: Dual chainblades extending from his right arm. Katana-like in shape, three feet long, enhanced by Ars Magus for greater cleaving power.

Clockwork Cannon: Ars Magus powered cannon. Fires off magical bursts at supersonic speeds. On most people, it'd leave a massive scorched wound and deliver a shock to the nervous system, temporarily disrupting the autonomic systems to cause twitching and pain, as well as a mild heart murmur. It'd take roughly four shots to kill, even with a direct headshot at point-blank. This is designed to be more effective on metal, however; the effect on metals as opposed to flesh is far more damaging.

Incendia Conicio: Similar to a napalm thrower. Single-shot fireball and AOE effect, ran by the Ars Magus abilities. AOE can only be used three times before overheating.

- clothing:

Pants: Black, leather, fireproof. Slightly loose for added mobility.

Boots: Black, again. Same as the pants.

- armor:

Golden Breastplate: This golden breastplate contains the Seraph's midsection. The metal is unknown; however, it functions rather like steel with tungsten toughness. About 6mm thick, covers his midsection and neck, but not his arms.

- accessories:

Self-diagnostics computer
Toolkit
Various bits of raw metals

- history:

The Seraph was formerly a human. Spending years living as a child-warrior of a wandering bunch of monks and priests, the boy lived his life as a soldier. At the age of twenty years, on the day of his christening, the boy ascended into the angelic host as a Paladin - one of the chosen of Illeni.

The passage of years and stars in the pursuit of their traditional opponents brought the Paladin into the defining battle of his life, laying the mortal blow upon a greater daemon at the cost of his life as he knew it- his wings, face, limbs, and most of his bones were pulverized and charred in the battle.

Upon regaining consciousness, he cursed his matron goddess for her sparing his life. Cast out from the Order, the young Paladin found a new host - the followers of Malu.  His charred and broken body was put to the knife time and time again, restoring vision to one eye, bio-engineering his body, and the final, irreversible process of becoming a Seraph, becoming more machine than Angel.

Renewed by the forges of Malu, the Seraph moved on crusade, the fanatical soldier determined to prove his worth to the deity of justice.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:15:32 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

...Daddy?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

And that guy's the equivalent of tenth level???

Jeezus.

Manavoid Templar's gonna be a fucking black hole for magic, then. And basically anything else even vaguely supernatural.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

He's more powerful than tenth. More like 15 or 16.

So, go for about three quarters as strong and you'll have the idea.

Honestly, I sort of expect cooperation in the first few parts, followed immediately by constant backstabbing and ambushing.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I expect small, semi-loyal teams to form eventually; 3 people can win, after all.

But I do hope I can make a magic-eating/shifting knight guy? If he's just a soak for magic, he can't do much against mundane challenges, but if he can eat that magic and put it to use...well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Hm. I'm thinking I'll go with a strong man of sorts, a sort of guy who's basically just that damn strong. Charles Atlas and all that, basically a guy who tries to keep pace through sheer determination and exceeded bodily limitations thanks to insane training.

That, or my fall back idea of the lightning bug kin old-tech enthusiast.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't forget the mystical help from mysterious benefactors!

Magical items are all important to Charles Atlases, by this point in their power.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda goes against the point of the character, considering the archetype that is being called on. Not so much "I got gifted this power because I was born with it/given it/just that damn luck" but rather "I worked my ass off for it for most of my life" sort of thing.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I just mean that he's going to have a hard time with some challenges because regardless of intense training, he cannot fly to the magical sky castle without assistance.

I'm saying that he'll kinda need some magic stuff to keep up anyway, not that he'll only be using magic shit. Batman still can't beat Superman without using Kryptonite.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

I like the idea. Are you thinking like Antronatch from Morrowind, where you regen no mana, but you can eat spells to the face to recharge?

Xan:

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty much Ross. Full ham, just full on ham. There would be no justices otherwise.

Role: You underestimate the levels of training that is being talked about here. We're talking about training that transcends the physical into full on magic-bullshit levels of physics breaking.

So for the sky castle, it's called jumping. But also not really necessary considering the aforementioned flak cannons.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:47:17 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorta; there's general MILF in everything, yes?

She/He tends to act like a black hole in that magic stuff gets distorted in ways that technically shouldn't work according to the laws of magic once it gets close enough, and they tend to stretch and swirl around him even before them anyway.

But general gist is that, yes, he can absorb spells and magical effects(MMMM DELICIOUS ENCHANTED SWORD I'M ONLY BLEEDING A LITTLE BIT FROM) to use his crap. Plus dispelling magic, countering magic, being (mostly) invisible to magic(not transparent, though...more like a void, so the very perceptive might notice him), etc.

Basically a big ol' fuck you to spellcasters, who gets fucked over by charles atlas over there, who in turn would be fucked over by a major spellcaster, in all likelihood.

Oh yeah, and he has an ability to compress his vitality(age 16+(possibly 200) times as fast while it's on, have super-enhanced powers due to being even more human. Very suitable for xenophobic orders.) for boosts to stuff.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can't skip the "literal trip through hell" part. Pretty much the only entrances to the Ascendant Plane are through other planes. While there are opportunities to sequence break and secrets, you'll have to try or be very lucky.

I think that this is going to be awesome.

To be honest, I don't have a player hat yet. I think that speed won't matter so much as stamina.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

try

There is no other word in this character's action vocabulary.

As to the codified effects of the character, large physical stats are a must, and depending on how I can pull things/how I can tweak things he may or may not use mana depending on how much he can do with and without it.

If he does, it'll be in a very weird way (and only serve to boost himself) and probably keyed off of his physical stats. Like, he's strong enough to pretty much jump over a one story house already, but he can boost himself for a short time to jump to said sky castle. Probably the more balanced approach (and I like to keep things balanced) to the character concept, and can leave for an interesting method of soulbreaking.

Hm. I guess a Muscle Wizard then. Instead of learning via tomes and crap, he practiced so hard he rewired how magic worked in his body.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. I guess a Muscle Wizard then. Instead of learning via tomes and carp, he practiced so hard he rewired how magic worked in his body.

fixed that for you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 332