Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268209 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Why isn't Myrin on that list?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Here's the first version of my planned character for Act 1.5. I didn't really have a reference point for it, so let me know if something is unbalanced for the level.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I started giggling like a lunatic upon reading that.  I like it, although I think I might require ammo count for the sake of fairness.

Zero will. That'll be interesting... Given the sensors, it will take good illusions to fool, but once it gets false information it's in trouble.

I think I know who will be in either first or last place at the end of DAY ONE.

Uh, because I haven't done one for players yet? 

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Here's the first version of my planned character for Act 1.5. I didn't really have a reference point for it, so let me know if something is unbalanced for the level.

I started giggling like a lunatic upon reading that.  I like it, although I think I might require ammo count for the sake of fairness.

Zero will. That'll be interesting... Given the sensors, it will take good illusions to fool, but once it gets false information it's in trouble.
Yeah, I figured I would need to buy ammo :P. Lucky I have a starting supply.

Nice, that's about what I was trying to create.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I'd, uh, better finish reading the rules/lore.
im so going to make a feral kinkind just you watch me
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #3784 on: July 12, 2014, 12:58:42 am »

This is not all of the races, just the listed ones.

Renn is Cerussa-Sinopa, by the way.

Humankind:

Elfkind:

Feykind

Elementalkind;

Demonborn;

Angelborn:

Vampirekind:

Spiritkind:

Animatedkind:

Kinkind:

I don't think this is on the first page?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Hm... Giant Musclemancer?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm not going to make a feral kinkind.
Black lives matter.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Just consider it a list of suggestions and feel completely free to do what you like.

As much as the front page suggests I'm all about rules and restrictions, my intention was basically "Here's a giant sandbox, have fun." Mutual storytelling, albeit slowly. I just happened to find or invent house rules to make things consistent.

the adventure is a turtle : slow, but it will keep going forever.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

FOREVER

Yeah, I and xanmyral belong to races not on that list, (though could fit in just fine). 'Fish'-kin & stone golem.
Hey Myral, did you ever decide how jewel fit in with the dwarven society? (PM what my char would know?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:42:33 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Or, as much forever as possible. I don't plan on immortality, but don't be surprised if twenty years from now, we're wrapping up Act 8.

... By that time, Myr and Daeth will be singing songs from Frozen 2: Cooler than Being Cool (Ice Cold Alright alright alright alright alright alright alright) while Morgrod is a sentient, malevolent death cloud.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

And Thales will be Daethwin's personal servant, if we're being realistic :P.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Mweheheheheheh.

I plan on immortality, by the way. :P

It influences my career choice greatly.

...yes, I'm serious. >.>

I do like your way of looking at magic by the way, Ross; it's much more like good stories have magic, rather than the flat spells so many RPGs use. Raw power that can be shaped and contested directly against each other, shaped to your will and such. Allows for abstract contests of power rather than piled contingency and counterspells.

I've been trying to figure out what song to have blast out of the elemental plane of sound, if/once Daeth rips open a portal to there. I'm thinking I've Got The Magic (In Me). Either that or Turn Up The Music.

Maybe just some stupendously loud electro-orchestral like by E.S. Posthumous.

I need to find a crapton of musical titles and shit so Daethwin can properly start his own religion. That's a crapton of ranks to try and create names for. I do know that Defender of the Faith or maybe just Priest 9 would be called the Grande Maestro or some variation thereof. Probably all of them will be italian name based, mostly based in turn on music, of course. But maybe not all...>_<" There's 18 different ranks to come up with names for, after all.

Help?

EDIT: Oh, yes, and could Virtuoso be either a A-rank or S-rank prestige class? :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:24:50 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

So, artifact attunement rolls, since you guys are about to find a Shaman Seal. This is in order of likelihood,  starting with "one in ten million" and the odds getting better, all the way down to "one in one thousand".

Rurail - 8169601.
Sylvari - 656378.
Thales - 72670.
Daeth - 9737
Jewel -  977

Second round :

Rurail - 81/100
Daeth - 14/90
Jewel - 43/50

Final:

Rurail - 25/50
Jewel - 20/25

In other words, the two people who could re-roll to attune are Jewel and Rurail, after studying it.  Daeth could try, but it would be hard and probably would trigger the THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

Sorry, no instant inherent knowledge of the Earth Seal.

Sure, just define it. Putting it relative to other classes would help, too.

And thank you! I have considered making a "standard spell list", but for the most part, I really like the idea of people doing things the way that suits them best. Sort of like cooking, I think.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cooking up some pain, best served piping hot directly to face.
Don't worry, I'll have my sheet done in a little while.
Black lives matter.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I have absolutely zero idea how you rolled for that.

Though Daeth has dealt with That Which Cannot Be Unseen, Only Repressed Like Childhood Memories before. But he ain't exactly earth element anyway.

I can try to define it, at least...

The Virtuoso is a true genius with his craft, to such levels that they define musical taste and excellence for generations. Inherent masters of their art, they weave their chosen art form -typically music- into magic and beauty with the same ease as they draw breath. Some would say that they are to musicians, what Wizards are to Mages, or possibly what Prophets are to Priests. In an attempt to allow one a glimpse of understanding of their craft; they do not utilize art as a medium to use magic. Their art is magic, and creates it intrinsically as part of it's nature.

Basically they get so good it becomes preternatural, and then some, so that it creates supernatural effects, and then some more, so that it(and they) are completely supernatural simply by virtue of this incredible ability. And then probably a little bit over that, too. Not sure whether it would be more suitable as an A-rank or an S-rank, because while it feels like an S-rank, I don't think Daethwin could become one for at least a dozen levels or something, if it was, judging by the way you said 'no you cannot be a Wizard'. If it was A-rank, it might be slightly less fitting, but he could probably get to becoming one in the next two, three, or four levels, since Myrln got an A-rank prestige class.

I'll be working on da templar soon enuff. Speakin' o' which, Templar would be a base class, or a prestige class? And what are general needs for becoming X-rank prestige class?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:09:55 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 332