Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100357 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
BM XLI: Night 1, Under Starry Skies -- IC Replacement Requested
« Reply #480 on: May 29, 2013, 12:47:23 am »

The Day has been successfully shortened!

Vote standings:

• RangerCado(4) - Shinigami_King, Vector, Lenglon, birdy51
  • Griffionday(1) - Demdemeh
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • birdy51(0) -
  • griffinpup(0) -
  • Demdemeh(2) - RangerCado, Griffionday
  • Shinigami_King(1) - griffinpup
  • Vector(0) -
  • Captain Ford(0) -
  • Not Voting(1) - Captain Ford

Captain Ford has requested a Replacement!

Night 1 has begun and will end at May 30, 2013. [Thursday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 5

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

RangerCado has been lynched! He was a Town Cop!

You are a Scout Ranger. A man of keen senses and possessing the ability to understand the language of birds and beasts. Part of the Ithilien Rangers, known forth as great trackers and hardy warriors—defending their respective areas from evil forces, you have come to the Aerie on a personal quest; sent by the King himself on a deed most peril, even you haven't known the true specifics of the matter other than to meet at the location given, at the time wherein a specific celestial body (which is the Sun) is at a certain position in the sky.

A load of trouble that came to be.

Mayhap, that is life. A life you've grown accustomed to. While you are a man of the law, there is little in the way of using weaponry and underhand methods in clearing the goal at hand--finding the killer or proving people innocent. You can do both, fortunately. Your skills in detecting, tracking and examining little details of a person as well as an animal would serve as a good auxiliary tool, and would speak much of your upbringing.

Somehow, you still wonder why the local Merchant guilds prefer not to trade at all with your folk, making paltry excuses on buying, selling or...'haggling'. Glad to see there are no merchants around!

((You are of the Town Faction! Every Night you can choose to Inspect any individual to discover their alignment {which will read: Town or Mafia}. You cannot inspect yourself.

You win when the MAFIA are wholly eliminated, regardless of your survival UNLESS the number of MAFIA is equal to, or more than, TOWN players.))
The game has entered the night phase. No person may post during the night phase and the thread will be locked to ensure as such.

Please submit your actions via PM, if any. The Night will end at the time stated or until all probable actions are sent in.

As the debating hits its denouement, the hollow sound of stone crashing against hardened stone shakes the room with its force. For those who turn to check, see the Keeper standing with an ambivalent expression as the scene focuses at the duel of a Pawn and King, against a lone official, the Black King. The clash of swords turn into a series of parries and jabs, feints and unarmed strikes as the rules of the chessboard melt into realistic combat--whatever material the chess pieces were made of, they moved alike the biological replicas they were meant to emulate. A spear to the right and a feint to the left, and only until the Black King is disarmed and badly wounded does the battle stop into frozen simulation with the remaining white duo leveling their weapons at their enemy's chest. The Keeper watches on in silence, nods, and glances in your general direction.

"Do we have a verdict?"
"We believe it is Cado. We have argued long enough to find any innocence within him."
"Very well. While the King hasn't fallen, we will make sure he will."

She picks up one of the fallen spears and raises her left hand, pointing it at Cado, "Checkmate."

What happens next is a blur of time and reason, as everything slows down around you, as if in a theatre. Large cracks appear on the crown as well as most of the statue's body before it breaks apart, joining its brethren all around it. White pawns, knights and soldiers begin reforming from the debris and afterwards, orient themselves towards Ranger, approaching with weapons drawn on the man.

"Why are you doing this?" he says as the figures approach, led by the White King. The King itself replies in a hollow tone as Ranger is surrounded. “The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.”

Ranger bows his head as the King raises his sword, prepared and convinced of the outcome. All were prepared to hear what was the usual background noise of but hours ago: a single strike to end it.

It never came.

Instead of bringing the blade down on the poor man, the King swings it sideways, cutting a rope tied to one of the decorations. What followed next was the sound of a coiling spring, and of falling wood. Minor tremors shake the hall, followed by the unmistakable sound of running water. Then a scream.

"What is going on?"
"Not what, who!"
"What?"
"Cado!"

"He is innocent."
"Hold on." the Keeper says, "No sign of the mark?"
"Nay. The Black King has fallen. The game is Won. I cannot act any further."
"...Well, great. You had to be a spirit of morality."

The hall stays silent for minutes as the Keeper flusters about at the result, before making her decision.
"All of you, pair to a room. Your quarters are a couple levels above this floor. I'll have the hatchway bolted to ensure nothing will happen to you lot, and runes inscribed along the area to take care of what you'll be facing tomorrow.

"Goodnight, everyone."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:25:17 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 2, A Silent Requiem -- IC Replacement Requested
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33:03 pm »

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. "

Vote standings:

• Griffionday(0) -
  • Lenglon(0) -
  • griffinpup(0) -
  • Demdemeh(0) -
  • Shinigami_King(0) -
  • Vector(0) -
  • Captain Ford(0) -
  • Not Voting(7) - Captain Ford, Demdemeh, Griffionday, griffinpup, Vector, Shinigami_King, Lenglon

Captain Ford has requested a Replacement!

Day 2 has begun and will end at June 4, 2013. [Tuesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!

birdy51 has been slain! He was a Vanilla Townie!

You are an Ambassador. A man of virtue and good intention, your purpose at the Aerie lay in the communication with other people, and the protection of your own under the standing of racial differences as well as cultural, traiditonal, literal and menial differences. One of the many Ambassadors residing in the area, your profession speaks much of your knowledge regarding the workings throughout the realm.

Sadly, none of your position or your identity would save against a crime of no legal evidence other than the fact that everyone was carrying a knife near the scene. Apparently, the inspecting guards didn't believe a word you said about carrying knives 'because it is in my culture' and all--they couldn't understand the benefits of always carrying an edged weapon around just for its heavy variance in the field of practical usage.

Well, as life usually goes, it must be all a misunderstanding. Due to recent events, you lack any weapon short of your tongue in persuasion. Your skill in the local dialect and reasoning also leads to a disadvantage however, and your opinions would be shifting as the tides and wind of the day as you listen on with the people.

((You are of the Town Faction! You cannot act at Night, being a Vanilla//Normal Townie. You win when the MAFIA are wholly eliminated, regardless of your survival UNLESS the number of MAFIA is equal to, or more than, TOWN players.))

Morning comes, and you all convene in the Main Hall once more, only to find the pin and seal of one of you at the floor, along with a note.

'Another one falls.'

"Not this cryptic nonsense. They've got the Ambassador! It's his pin, and the seal is unremarkable to be anything else!"
"There's another thing."

One of you points towards a spot under the parchment, and under that follows a string of text and code, written as if to be made inconspicuous.

"The Sunwell calls. There you will be aided. A beast watches. Action must be taken."

"Well, isn't this peachy. Following cryptic notes now?"
"Do we have a choice?"
"This is the Keeper's handwriting, if she'd be any more concerned then she'd at least have given straighter directions."
"Yes, the Sunwell."
"...Curse this. Whatever. I'm examining the room later on. Let it just be noted that we're going to have some trouble after all this is over with the Ambassador!"
"I believe he'll be in a better mood than you'd expect."

Sorry for the lateness...sickness lightening up, but tired.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:02:40 am by Tiruin »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2013, 12:44:01 pm »

Ford needs a replace and Vector's gone for a week...

So currently there's no ICs.  :o
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2013, 12:45:41 pm »

Ford needs a replace and Vector's gone for a week...

So currently there's no ICs.  :o
I will cry now.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2013, 01:22:18 pm »

Well, I've got time now, so I'll do what I can.

Now that we have some flips, you should look back over the events of day 1 keeping in mind that you now know Ranger and birdy51 to be town. Personally, I would examine everyone's case against Ranger and see if any of them strike you as particularly scummy.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2013, 01:32:50 pm »

Ennnnjoy :D

I'll be leaving tomorrow, but I don't have the most time today.  So, thanks for the help, Captain Ford.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »

Well, I've got time now, so I'll do what I can.

Now that we have some flips, you should look back over the events of day 1 keeping in mind that you now know Ranger and birdy51 to be town. Personally, I would examine everyone's case against Ranger and see if any of them strike you as particularly scummy.
You should examine everyone's case on everyone, regardless of whether you know their alignment or not. Particularly bad cases should never exist to begin with.

As an addendum to that first part, just because Ranger or birdy were Town DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE RIGHT. It does, however, mean that everything they did was done for the Town, and hopefully that they weren't trying to deceive the Town.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2013, 02:13:35 pm »

Damn, I liked Birdy. I'm guessing mafia took him out because he was aggressive and seemed relatively towny to most of us. I'm going to be checking if he had any specific targets first though I don't have much time right now at school.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »

Ford: What is your opinion of Day?

seriously, it's been a week. I understand you're busy, but you said you had time today, and I want an answer already.

I can't afford to let Ford's lack of an answer keep me tied up forever like this.

Vector and Day:
RangerCado.

There is no cop role in this game.  Burn in hell.
Ranger:

I know you attempt ruses, but seriously: what are you trying to achieve with this claim?
Both of you voted Ranger very quickly upon his claim, and weren't voting him previously. It seems off to me that as town, you would make such an aggressive snap-reaction to his claim, without prior suspicion of him. please explain why your automatic reaction to him roleclaiming cop was to vote to lynch him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 30, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

Is the IC replacement spot still open?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:08 pm »

Lenglon:
Because that was his entire defense.

He felt he needed to resort to saying "I'm a cop! You need me alive!" rather than hiding and revealing himself when he had information for town to utilise, meaning he was panicking under the pressure.  No-one is going to say "Alright you got me; I'm scum" under pressure; however they very well might fake-claim in an attempt to buy some time.  The fact that he claimed D1 didn't do anything for him either, as it doesn't do anything for town but helps scum; meaning in that sense it was also anti-town play.

He also claimed completely out of the blue: just "To help the town, I am the cop."  No one was asking, and he had pressure on him from Birdy to respond to, the fact that he decided that that should be his defense rather than a response that dealt with the accusations of Birdy felt a bit hasty.

I unvoted him later because I realized that all I was adding to the conversation was "what the hell dude?" and I don't feel experienced enough to validate having policy lynches yet.  Plus; much as I hate to say it, being cop and claiming it D1 seemed to be a VERY Ranger thing to do.

Demdemeh:
Due to RL, I may not have time to get back to our conversation before tomorrow evening; I'll try to do so, but I can't make any guarantees.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 30, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »

Lenglon: Same thing as what Griffionday said, as you can find in my posts to Ranger from yesterday.

If you're wondering about my speed, that sort of claim is the sort of thing you need to respond to ASAP, not just leave sitting around like "Oh, it's okay, you're scummy but I'll forgive you."  There's pretty much no middle ground.  Like I said, it's like going "I'm scum" without any context of sarcasm.  You lynch 'em.

Shinigami-King, why are you commenting on and reading into the nightkill?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 30, 2013, 07:13:39 pm »

Shinigami_King-  This was your response to my questions that you wanted to take the whole weekend for.
What I can say about Lenglon's scummyness is that I am naturally paranoid. I think I might have jumped on the mob mentality as well. After looking over her posts from early game she seems actually less scummy. But as I said before, her scumhunting does seem to be lacking in this game.
these were the questions.
I have in fact pressured her, just very poorly. I will look over the weekend to try to find where, deal?

The Lenglon is scummy topic is something else that I want to take my time with. I want to gather enough info to make a solid read. To do this I want to read through the whole thread and pick out inconsistencies. The major thing is how weak she is playing right now. From meta game I can say that she was a very active and strong player and that isn't showing in this game which is suspicious.
You just flat out didn't address the first question, completely ignoring it in your post.  This question isn't even in depth.  The answer is a quote of one post.  I find your evasiveness and lack of answering simple questions scummy.

The next topic, 'how Lenglon is scummy'.  First of all, we see that you are paranoid, which obviously makes her seem scummy. (My prior statement is Sarcasm.  Your statement about being paranoid seems out of place and poorly connected to what you are trying to prove.) Then we have the almost open admission to bandwagoning Lenglon, "jumping on the mob mentality."  Apparently, she seems less scummy NOW though.  This is because you looked over her posts again.  You never state what exact posts makes her seem less scummy.  You didn't address HOW they made her look less scummy.  This is clearly a pathetic attempt to rationalize you placing her at the bottom of the scum list by making vague statements about the amount of scummy she is.    Your posts starting with this one have contained little to no valuable content whatsoever, merely 'fluff' and vague statements about feelings, never supported by proof or facts.  You evade simple questions and don't back up your statements by any type of reasoning or proof.  You came into this game immediately White-Knighting a player being attacked.  Later you admit that she's scummy, but still rank her as one of the least scummy people in the game.  When questioned on this, the only reasoning you gave on why is that you'd prefer to have her stay in the game so he can continue with her apparently miraculous ability to scumhunt.  This is the excuse you give to not pressure him, as well.  Lenglon doesn't even agree with your assessment of her abilities.  How about instead of keeping scummy people in the clear for an amazing ability that they haven't even demonstrated in this game, you should try to scumhunt yourself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 30, 2013, 07:15:09 pm »

That last paragraph needs a bit of a restructure, griffinpup.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 30, 2013, 07:39:05 pm »

Sorry.  Should I fix and repost, or leave it?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51