Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28749 times)

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2013, 07:23:49 pm »

Thanks. Here's hoping I'll eventually have direct access to a furrie's personal thoughts on this thread.
Would you like to ask for mine in PM?
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2013, 07:26:48 pm »

So i take it we are avoiding discussion, or possibly analysis, of furriedom.

We were actually having a pretty reasoned discussion/analysis of what makes us feel weird/doesnt make us feel weird about furries, scalies, chitinies, featheries, and/or whatever. Care to publicly pick your brain for the thread?

Solifuge, would you like me to post some images of a wider variety?
Also, chitinies. That's cute. I'm going to start using that. I met a person who identified as an anthropomorphic moth once. I had a hard time grasping what on Earth that'd look like until he showed me a picture. The antennae are adorable!

It ain't my thread, I was just trying to structure the discussion a bit. Post what you like, so long as it's forum-kosher. Also, Lunar Moths and Hawkmoths are pretty damned cute for bugs, with the big fluffy antennae and such. I could see it working!

Like, if someone is intentionally uncanny-valleying, then I start to enjoy it.  I don't really know why.

Maybe because it's a bit of subversion and metahumor there, or that it implies a bit of cynicism about the content? The essence of humor is in the surprise/twist, so that might be a factor there too.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »

If you like, that would be interesting. Already have, Solifuge, and as soon as i deduce how to links such as your own I'll put that here.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2013, 07:35:10 pm »

Do I get to go all AMA mode?
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2013, 07:37:03 pm »

Okay, finally got around to taking that impromptu test Solifuge put up.

First group, #6 was the weirdest. Oddly, I didn't really find the rest weird, higher or lower. Just #6.
Pretty much all of the second group I found weird. Only A was okay for me, and that's probably because it was a childhood memory. G wasn't so bad, but it also appeared to be the most "human" so that's probably why.
First two costumes were cool. The fourth one looked like a bunch of mascots and didn't bother me. Dat third one, though...I wouldn't want to meet it in a dark alley, no matter how nice the person under the suit was O_o

So based on my findings, I don't find furries sexy or anything, but I don't really have an issue with them either. Which I already knew :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

Will you at least participate in the Psychological Experiment part?

as an Anthropologist, this is an interesting point of contention for m

Sure.

Spoiler: #1 (Pretty much a Fox) (click to show/hide)

That's cute.

Spoiler: #2 (click to show/hide)

Not really "cute." It evokes a slight hint of a predator. My reaction is desire to identify whether it is dangerous, but the eyes make me lean towards wanting to be friendly.

Spoiler: #3 (click to show/hide)

This one I do find displeasing. The face looks predatorial. Even more so than the previous, this evokes feelings of "stay on guard, this thing might try to eat me."

Spoiler: #4 (click to show/hide)

Cute.

Spoiler: #5 (click to show/hide)

Not really "cute" but looks personable.

Spoiler: #6 (click to show/hide)

She looks fun. "Cute" is not preceisely the word I'd use to describe her, but I'd like to go to her parties. I can conceive of this being sexual. She looks like the kind of girl one might have sex with even without any particular attraction because it would be fun and there'd be no drama.

Spoiler: #7 (click to show/hide)

I could call that cute, but he looks more personable than cute. He looks like the kind of guy I'd like to run into at a coffee shop and chat with.

Spoiler: #8 (click to show/hide)

She looks cute, lovable, fun and trustworthy. She looks like someone to whom virtue and honor are important, emotionally significant subjects. Would be happy to make her acquaintance.

Spoiler: #9 (click to show/hide)

Not really cute, but it's not the foxtail making her not cute. Like 6, this could be sexy, but the pair of knives, downward gaze and scar on her face would keep me from wanting to walk right up and proposition her.

Not really cute. Basically just a guy with fox ears.

Not sexy.

Spoiler: B) (click to show/hide)

That's...sexy, but I think I'm not the target gender for it. It doesn't turn me on, but he definitely has a bedroom face. I see the sexiness in it even if it's not intended for me.

Spoiler: C) (click to show/hide)

Not sexy.

Spoiler: D) (click to show/hide)

Not sexy, but I think that's because of the implied motion of her body. She's not bending over. She's tumbling through the air. She might be sexy if she were standing upright.

Spoiler: E) (click to show/hide)

Not sexy.

Spoiler: F) (click to show/hide)

She's just awesome. I look at her and think how fun it would be to have flying adventures with her aboard a steampunk airship. If sex with her is the admission price, I'm totally ok with that. I could get into this. If I look exclusively at her Zettai Ryouiki, I can think of her as sexy.

Spoiler: G) (click to show/hide)

That's more dawwwwww than sexy. The reaction is to want to love and protect her, not bend her over a table.

Spoiler: H) (click to show/hide)

She looks more cuddly than sexy to me. I can conceive of her being sexy, and I think I'd be comfortable having sex with her. But it's not my first reaction.

Spoiler: I) (click to show/hide)

Not sexy.

Spoiler: J) (Trying to be Sexy) (click to show/hide)

I find that not sexy at all. She has a pretty face, but from the neck down does nothing for me. I could kiss this, but sex would not be on the table. F and H are both definitely sexier than J.

Spoiler: Light Costuming (click to show/hide)

*shrug* It's a girl with fox ears.

Spoiler: Medium Costuming (click to show/hide)

That's kind of cool.

Spoiler: Half-Fursuit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fursuit (click to show/hide)

Both of these...*shrug*. They're costumes. They remind me of Disneyland. They're neither cute nor sexy anymore than someone wearing a bedsheet over their head to be a ghost is cute or sexy.

Many of them are still pretty, beautiful, seemingly friendly, or aesthetically
pleasing, but not attractive in a sexual sense.

Yeah, pretty much. The few of them I do find sexually appealing would probably be more so without the animal traits. But uncanny valley wasn't really an issue for me in any of them except the two that looked like possibly dangerous carnivores.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »

Well lets attempt an indepth analysis here...
1: Its a fox. Cute drawing I guess? Kind of thing you might see on a mug. No something I relate to.
2: Looks like it could be video game concept art. Might actually be an interesting game, but much more interested in the clothing and ability to portray movement. Nothing off setting about it, but I don't really feel any more compelled by te fox features.
3: Looks like somebodies drawings of how they imagine thmemselves. Not that interested.
4: Now this is interesting because it looks so damn Disney. Perhaps too familiar to be off setting?
5: See number 2, but replace video game with comic book.
6. Yeeeaaa. A little weird. Human hair and some what clearly defined breasts, not something I would be looking at with my parents in the room.
7. See 3.
8: Looks like the kind of girls anime I wouldn't really watch. Still, at least it isn't as bad as 6.
9: Similar to 2 and 5. Once again not off putting.
10: This one actually looks pretty interesting. Cool artistic style.

A. Oh come on, it is an awesome childhood cartoon. Who could be put off?
B. Ok, don't really see the appeal, but not put off.
C. Yea it is a little weird, but no overly sexual.
D. This image suffers from 'Stupid poses we put female characters in to show off their ass' syndrome.
E. Yeeeeaaa... Going to be honest. A little off setting. Not the kind of thing I would be viewing with friends in the room. Would prefer to avoid.
F. Actually see 2. This is just kind of a cool concept. Not even as a sexual thing, although she needs a new dress maker.
G. Now this one I am notably uncomfortable with. Not because of the ears and tail, but because I am essentially looking at a little kid with no pants on. I'm pretty sure that image is border line illegal here, although it isn't even the legality that is off setting, rather that she looks so young.
H. Do not want, make it stop.
I. Why is this below H? At least she has some sort of clothing? Still, just don't.
J. ARRR!! Must endure, for science! Seriously, whhhhhyyyyy? Not the kind of thing I would be viewing with myself in the room.

Ok, still alive? Still alive...
i. Ok, nice hat.
ii. Oh hey, I didn't know there was a comic convention in town! There isn't? You just dress like that..? Oh kaaay. Well have fun!
iii. Oh fuck, it is this special snow flake again. Let me guess, you are a wolf because you are so independent, and also an orphan, and something about dark spirits and angst? Ok, cool. I'm going to do that thing I was doing now.
iv. Well I'm guessing you have some sort of meet up to attend to, so don't let me stop you! No really, no need to bring me along, I would be such a kill joy! I assure you.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2013, 07:52:21 pm »

Too many females for me to offer any interesting results. I am not attracted to the female body.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »

I'm not a furry but none of those pictures really bother me
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2013, 08:12:37 pm »

Being from websites that had rather bad experiences with certain parts of the furry fandom, I of course have a rather biased and negative view. Although the furry fandom that I used to know, really isn't the fandom that is present today (I still don't find it wildly different though, they just present themselves differently.) From what I've seen, at least on the forums/boards I frequented, was that the fandom (Or a certain loud minority of the fandom, as some like to argue) was loud and very "out there" and rapidly grew in size in a community. This of course caused friction between the "regulars" or non-furry community as this is generally seen as an invasion of some sort, and there was often negative backlash. After a period of very negative anti-furry sentiments, the fandom became more reclusive and eventually most elements of the fandom both good and bad stayed to their own furry specific forums.

If you're not familiar with the backlash against the furry community, I guess I can compare it to how the MLP fandom has/is being received. I'm not trying to insult any MLP fans on here, but the fandom is largely going in the same direction the furry fandom did. I'd go further explaining some of the similarities, but I don't want to stray from the thread topic or incite some kind of argument knowing the general touchiness B12 has regarding the MLP/Furry thing. Granted, this may of all just been some idiotic ramble I posted off the top of my head, so disregard this if it's completely fucking stupid.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »

so disregard this if it's completely fucking stupid.
That's generally what I do with anything.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

Oh this.
I don't particularly care one way or the other.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »

Now this one I am notably uncomfortable with. Not because of the ears and tail, but because I am essentially looking at a little kid with no pants on.

I find that an interesting reaction. To me, none of them seem "naked." Even H, who is clearly not wearing any clothes, doesn't seem naked to me because she's covered in fur.

My cat doesn't wear clothes either, but when she sits on my lap it never occurs to me to be weirded out that there's a "naked animal" sitting on me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

On the other hand I would be a bit weirded out if someone was trying to present that same naked cat in a sexual way

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2013, 08:40:18 pm »

On the other hand I would be a bit weirded out if someone was trying to present that same naked cat in a sexual way
I'm almost certain most furries would as well.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15