Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28728 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »

Like, if someone is intentionally uncanny-valleying, then I start to enjoy it.  I don't really know why.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »

Because you aren't expected to relate to them in any way as a person, and it is more interesting than a non-person?
I'm pretty sure that is how Dr. Who monsters work.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2013, 06:29:06 pm »

No, more like they're intentionally exploiting the fact that I'm supposed to relate to it as a person, but it's clearly impossible and at the moment of maximum horror and unhappiness I start laughing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:25 pm »

Solifuge, would you like me to post some images of a wider variety?
Also, chitinies. That's cute. I'm going to start using that. I met a person who identified as an anthropomorphic moth once. I had a hard time grasping what on Earth that'd look like until he showed me a picture. The antennae are adorable!
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »

I have no problem with the general idea of furries, ie the whole affection for more humanoid animals. Personally, I'm not one, though my username could imply otherwise I guess. It's a fandom, and if there can be a fandom about brightly colored talking horses, with generally awesome people no less, then everything else is perfectly reasonable for a fandom.

The fetish thing is a whole other can of worms I would prefer to avoid any interaction with. People can be weird kinky nuts, and I already dislike anything smexual without extra weirdness added in. Do not want.

I'm impressed this thread didn't burst unto nuclear flaming badgers though. Good work guys, nice job holding a controlled discussion. further proof Bay12 is awesome.

Surprised http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Avner  hasn't been mentioned yet.
Now that is creepy. Nyeh. Dat expression.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2013, 07:10:32 pm »

You missed the shock image troll earlier, but that was clearly a throwaway account and thus doesn't count against the Bay 12 awesome-o-meter :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2013, 07:11:06 pm »

You missed the shock image troll earlier, but that was clearly a throwaway account and thus doesn't count against the Bay 12 awesome-o-meter :P
double urethra
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:03 pm »

So i take it we are avoiding discussion, or possibly analysis, of furriedom.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

Actually, having more than one gender has a signicant benefit for species that are more spread out. After all, if you have 14.000 different genders, and you finally meet someone else, chances are very small that they're the same gender as you. And the multigender only gets complicated depending on the genderdifferences. It might purely be a Dna thing, after all.
I don't disagree it's reasonably likely that aliens would have two genders.  It's just that they could be a very, very long way away from our genders.  They could function like anglerfish, for instance.  Or be a sortof hive based society.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2013, 07:13:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2013, 07:16:10 pm »

Ok. I am simply curious. I thought it was likely to come up again in life, and this is a board, including yourself, full of civil and reasonable people. Where should i go.
Reading a thinner book

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:53 pm »

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2013, 07:18:58 pm »

Ok. I am simply curious. I thought it was likely to come up again in life, and this is a board, including yourself, full of civil and reasonable people. Where should i go.
Back a few pages to do a little bit of reading.
Please do not throw this thread backwards in progress :v You can use the search function for easy access and feel free to expand on those discussions if you feel it is necessary.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2013, 07:21:18 pm »

I am. Didn't I join about 3 weeks ago?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:03 pm »

Thanks. Here's hoping I'll eventually have direct access to a furrie's personal thoughts on this thread.
Reading a thinner book

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15