Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 18081 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2013, 05:30:12 am »

No? I have a new race to write...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2013, 05:32:04 am »

Who? Who? Who?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2013, 05:38:25 am »

I dont know yet. The poll is still going for 3 weeks. I'll know on the 01. Jan.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2013, 05:40:33 am »

Oh. Where's the poll again?

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »

How do I dig dirt? I need clay, and the game will not let me get clay through grass, so I must dig into one of the clay walls. I read that you do not need a pick to dig soil types before...
edit: Also, where is the batch clay oven found? I cannot see it anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:05:05 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2013, 04:47:58 pm »

picks are aquired by stealing from dwarves, drow and trogs

while this will take its time, you can make a meeting zone above ground so the grass will be trampled and clay can be gathered.

batch clay oven has been removed.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »

picks are aquired by stealing from dwarves, drow and trogs

while this will take its time, you can make a meeting zone above ground so the grass will be trampled and clay can be gathered.

batch clay oven has been removed.
I thought you could dig dirt without a pick.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2013, 02:49:01 am »

I thought you could dig dirt without a pick.

It used to be that kobolds could dig dirt, clay, and minerals (but not rock) in a previous release, but that involved generating a world were kobolds were the only playable race.

There have been a few suggestions on how to re-implement the kobold digging restrictions (including mine); but they all require some level of additional coding/modding. It'd be really lovely to have someone step up as a new Kobold Champion modder. ;)

~ T

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2014, 11:12:38 pm »

Some Kobold related questions:

What is the method for applying Hexes to specific weapons? Using the reaction seems to just pull a random weapon from a stockpile.

If i apply a Hex to a Blowgun, will it affect the ammo? I am going to assume not, but i am curious.

How can i tell if my Blowdarts are poisoned? and how can i get my Kobolds(Hunter and ranged squad) to use only poisoned ammo?

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2014, 05:36:57 am »

Some Kobold related questions:

What is the method for applying Hexes to specific weapons? Using the reaction seems to just pull a random weapon from a stockpile.

i would suggest you make a custom stockpile with only those weapons that you want and use stockpilefeeding.

If i apply a Hex to a Blowgun, will it affect the ammo? I am going to assume not, but i am curious.

i have never used that but i think it would only affekt the weapon in melee use.

How can i tell if my Blowdarts are poisoned? and how can i get my Kobolds(Hunter and ranged squad) to use only poisoned ammo?

sorry never used poison aswell but i think it can be assigned in the ammo section of the military screen.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2014, 06:26:48 am »

I had no idea about the advanced stockpile mechanics. Useful stuff to know. Still no idea how to tell which of my darts are poisoned though.

Another question that has been confusing me. In the Kobold guide, it states that the Juice Bar requires fuel to heat tea, but after looking at the RAWs, the reaction does not list any fuels. Was the fuel requirement removed? Ive not noticed the workshop using up my fuel supplies before.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »

I anyone else having issues with getting the basics set up? I can build the workshops outside without an issue, but tables, chair and beds must be built indoors...

I have an area with walls on three sides that I hope I can build a floor over, but I'm not sure if that'll work, of just collapse in on itself.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2014, 01:11:36 pm »

You dont need walls. You can build unlimited floors floating in the air, it wont collapse as long as 1 part is connected to something.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2014, 03:31:48 pm »

I anyone else having issues with getting the basics set up? I can build the workshops outside without an issue, but tables, chair and beds must be built indoors...

I have an area with walls on three sides that I hope I can build a floor over, but I'm not sure if that'll work, of just collapse in on itself.

I play kobolds a lot so I know where you're coming from. I usually set up whatever workshops seem useful next to a well and wall and roof that off with wood planks from the sawmill. Gathering peat, clay or dirt is good buildmats. I usually don't bother with dining rooms or bedrooms until I get my first pick. Kobolds won't tantrum, so you can delay that a while. I find that making a dedicated attempt at getting a pick over the first winter is usually the best start. Use the breeding warren to create an expendable thief or three. After that, I move stockpiles underground and add dormitories and dining rooms there.

EDIT: I've had no problems with kobolds ever that are not drow ninjas. I find them way easier then dwarves since they can make pretty much anything dwarves can (minus golems) from leather, meat, bones and sometimes gems. Their main disadvantage is that they suck at melee combat at low levels. Kobolds start with dodging skill and if they're skilled and well-equipped enough, they should have no problems versus most non-drow enemies.

EDIT X2 combo: By well equipped and skilled, I mean 10+combat skills at least with orichalcum weapons and mithral armor with warpainted leather armor. Also druids are really good if you get one started quick enough.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:13:28 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2014, 04:14:58 pm »

Or you can embark with dirt. Its free. Best buildmat there is. :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12