Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 17734 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
[KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:41:31 am »

For new players of the mod it can be a little a lot overwhelming. Kobolds use completely different tactics then dwarves. Mass slingshots with crappy ammo. Guard Ogres. Tantrum-resistant throw-away infantry. No stone. How do use this, how to play your ragtag band of thieves?

This is the place to ask questions about kobold mode gameplay. You can also post any trick or exploit you discovered here. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:16:53 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »

Answering is my pleasure!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »

Putnam, I have the feeling that all these one-liners of yours, one in each thread, are just your way of saying: Posting to watch. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »

Your feeling is correct.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:23:38 pm »

Tip one for new players: caves and mountains are your friends. Good native copper and (if you're lucky) native gold ore. Kobolds can mine these. (Well, last time i played them they did.)

Vorsh99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »

How do these ORC mods and KOBOLD mods work VS a simply enabled [PLAYABLE] tagged civ? Do they use DFhack to load custom versions of the DF exe or file order? I'm just curious is all. I've never figured it out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »

A buncha cool text replacements using metatags such as YESTAIGA.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

Yep, its a Visual Basics program that rewrites your raws in specific ways that I hardcoded, using my own set of made up tags. Sounds difficult, is really simple once you see the principle.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:48:44 am »

gen your world with minimum passage density 10

embark on a cave. enjoy all 3 layers of cavern >:)

multiple squads of cannon fodder Bravebolds little yipping things apparently made out of thin cardboard, train faster i personally use squads of 3

ogres are your friends, love them. cherish them. for the love of armok give them a log.. it rolls down stairs . comes in pairs... >:)

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 04:16:19 am »

Playing as orcs I was sieged by the kobolds, my orcs live in the 1st cave that is also blocked in. A couple of migrants I didn't want to let in destroyed the whole siege, peasants and farmers, no uruks or anything... Will they always be this underpowered? Note that some kobolds had legendary weapon levels.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 08:05:50 am »

The kobolds that sieged you where not the kobolds you play in Kobold mode. They have their own race, and can even be attacked by the vanilla kobolds. Just imagine a different clan. And yes, kobolds will always be so weak, thats the point. ;)

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:29:48 pm »

The kobolds that sieged you where not the kobolds you play in Kobold mode. They have their own race, and can even be attacked by the vanilla kobolds. Just imagine a different clan. And yes, kobolds will always be so weak, thats the point. ;)
Oh ok! I was thinking which one of them was it but I guessed the newer ones. So that's cool, I was hoping you would say that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

Hey, the new version; how long do Henna tatoos last for?

NeoxDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 10:47:15 am »

In the quickstart guide it says it lasts one year. Never tested it myself though.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 03:23:06 am »

So Ive just started kobold camp and got my first mood. He asked for boulders, how do I get boulders? Trade for them? I collected a bit of clay which I somehow thought would be under boulders (honestly cant remember why though...).

Showmood just gave me the answer that the wanted any boulder btw.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12