Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 18082 times)

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

Oil is the same thing as fuel?

If yes, does that means I will need booze to, eventually, be able to make the most basic poison? Because the manual recommends using them on our earliest defense forces, which wouldn't make sense, since it would take some time to get the Booze Burner up, which would be more efficiently used to set up some basic traps.

VoidedWarranty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »

Probably really stupid question, but how can I get started making my workshops in kobold mode? I cannot make half of them (including kiln, required to get clay) without blocks, but I cannot bring them or mine rock to make them, and as I said to get clay you need a kiln which needs blocks. Most likely being an idiot, but cannot figure it out. Also, less important, all of the embark presettings seem to have half the items missing without an error message, especially animals. Anyone know why/how to fix?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »

I always embark with a few cheap blocks and mechanisms to help get the sawmill and kiln up faster though I suggest trying to make wooden blocks at the carpenter. Pretty sure that's where I got mine the first time I played.

VoidedWarranty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2013, 04:33:46 pm »

Ohhhh. Derp Thought you could only make stone/clay blocks  ::)

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2013, 04:34:00 pm »

Animals are your friends... leather, meat and bone. Bone blocks are even fireproof.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »

Fireproof indeed. Though I'm usually not worried about that property when it comes to the kiln and sawmills.

Crosarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2013, 03:00:49 am »

When I try to play on ver. 1.51 using the rat farmers it tells me it can not find the jack rats, shalswars, or rusty shovel (I think), plus there is no listing of them. ogres or spiders, pretty much anything listed on the pets and ogres index page, any idea how I can fix this, I am using the masterwork DF ver.4c

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:37 am »

I have to update the embark profiles, because since v4 there are no shovels anymore, you have to steal a pick from the dwarves.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boodz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug, but I'm experiencing a spiral currently due to many of my newly maturing children running around naked. I have plenty of clothing, but they refuse to cheer themselves up with the safe harbor of sweet, sweet clothing. Whats going on?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »

Not Masterwork related.

Anyway, you might not have any unowned clothing lying around. Try making more.

extremejon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »

I've been playing Kobold for a few hours, and I have to find what workshop makes slings, blowguns, or any weapon at all. I've been plopping down workshop after workshop and none of them have it, and my kobolds have been dying to wildlife so I figured its time to ask.

Where are basic Kobold weapons built?

EDIT:

Nevermind, realized its Bowyer's shop. Didn't look too much into Dwarf's manual because I assumed it would be in one of the Kobold-exclusive buildings
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:43:11 pm by extremejon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:33 am »

Boywers shop, craftsbold and forge... like before, same as vanilla, just with different weapons.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:11 pm »

I am sorry if someone already asked this, but how do you use wood stalks? Do you cut four into a log? If so, where do you do that? Thanks!
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2013, 04:58:42 am »

Wod Processor should be the right place for that. You always should build a Sawmill and a Wood Processor next to each other, they go hand in hand.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2013, 04:59:52 am »

Hey Meph, are you going to be giving Kobolds any attention in the near future?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12