Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 18102 times)

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 05:20:04 am »

Yes, trade would be the best option.

You can turn the temperature off and, let's say, make sausages in the kitchen. It would also produce a boulder, that usually evaporates. Don't forget to turn it on again, when you are done.

Or you can use dfhack scripts like 'createitem' and make objects out of nothing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 10:26:34 pm »

Mh... boulders for moods are noted. Thats the one option I missed. you cant even trade for them, only make them in the mineshaft, which is late-game tech.

next version will have something for single boulders used in moods.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 03:38:19 am »

Mh... boulders for moods are noted. Thats the one option I missed. you cant even trade for them, only make them in the mineshaft, which is late-game tech.

next version will have something for single boulders used in moods.

Yeah, noticed that you couldnt trade later on as well. Fortunately create-items boulders OBSIDIAN 10 is enough for the moods that need them.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

DeathPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »

I've started my first Kobold Camp today and now I want to protect it with traps.
Becaus I dont have rocks for mechanisms  I wanted to use this new traps from the trap setter, but how do I plant them?

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:52 pm »

I've started my first Kobold Camp today and now I want to protect it with traps.
Becaus I dont have rocks for mechanisms  I wanted to use this new traps from the trap setter, but how do I plant them?
If you have clay on the map, batch clay oven is the best way to get mechanisms. 1 clay + 2 logs + 1 fuel = 5 mechanisms. You can use scrap logs to make it even more material efficient.

DeathPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 01:21:00 pm »

ok, thanks I'll try this out

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 01:06:52 pm »

In my v3c kobold camp, I brought barrel cacti seeds, woad seeds and kiwifruit seeds, but I can't plant them- is there a certain biome I have to be in?
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »

Yes, the flora & fauna mod plants are like that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Searching for: barrel cactus
plant_florafauna_ff.txt(4270): [NAME:barrel cactus][NAME_PLURAL:barrel cactuses][ADJ:barrel cactus]
plant_florafauna_ff.txt(4286): [SEED:barrel cactus seed:barrel cactus seeds:7:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Found 2 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

[DRY][BIOME:DESERT_BADLAND]

Searching for: woad seeds
plant_florafauna_ff.txt(1522): [SEED:woad seed:woad seeds:1:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Found 1 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

[DRY][BIOME:DESERT_ROCK]

Searching for: kiwifruit seeds
plant_florafauna_ff.txt(1729): [SEED:kiwifruit seed:kiwifruit seeds:1:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Found 1 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

[WET][BIOME:FOREST_TROPICAL_MOIST_BROADLEAF]

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »

Aw. I can't have my Kobold's warpaint barbarian stuff?  :'(
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 08:33:54 am »

I'm not sure if this is a question or a bug, but I haven't been able to make either the shell crafter or the critter kitchen work as advertised. For critter kitchen I had a stockpile of live vermin in animal traps, but I couldn't use the butcher live vermin task. For the shell crafter, I have piles of crayfish shells next to it, but I can't use any of it's tasks. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT- It seems to be working fine for turtle shells.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:28:47 am by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 01:14:57 pm »

Reading the raws for info isn't easy. I am trying to find out if it's worth it to make advanced leather armors with warpaintings or I should just try to make all the metal armors I can out of "Goblinite" and trading. In your pratical or theorycal experience, what path do you say is better?
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 01:43:29 pm »

Depends on the metal. Fully covered warpainted lamellar armor is good, but mithril is better. Still, you only need the one armorpiece for the bonus, so wearing the leather armor and all the rest metal, that would be best I guess.

Crayfish from the river => Shrimps... they dont really have strong shells... so no armor from them.

Noted the problem with live vermin. I think its because the reactions cant accept live vermin, which would be a shame. I have a look and see if I can fix it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »

Back on a previous version, when all kobolds had fishing skills, I was literally drowning in (rotting) fish...
Anyway, between rigid scale/chitin/shellplate and lamellar what is better? And at what metal's level are they?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

Leather = Vanilla Leather.

Tough leather = Copper.

Studded leather = Bronze.

Lamellar leather = Iron.

Chitin/Shell/Scale = Bronze.

Rigid Chitin = Iron, but very light.

Rigid Scale = Iron, fireproof.

Rigid Shell = Between iron and steel, heavier then the others.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »

Is there any difference with the "artificial" tough leather (the one you make by boiling leather in tallow or oil) and the one you get directly by tanning some creatures' (firebirds, for example) skin? I ask this because the "natural" tough leather can't be studded IIRC.
[...] but mithril is better. [...] Rigid Scale = Iron, fireproof.
Wasn't mitrhil said to be "light as a feather, and hard as dragon's scales"? Or was it just part of some movie's canon? :P
From further testing, a ≡Rigid Scale Wrist Guard≡ seems not to be enough for a Xen to bite my hand off. When I had snuck in the Drow Fortress, the ones armed fully in bloodsteel were unscratchable by my steel knife slashes and I had to choke them to death in the sleep. That's how tough to I aim my armor to be. Also, is the platinum cap I found worth any good? Since caps cover hits only 50% of the time, I know it won't matter in the end anyway.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:59:11 pm by Apani »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12