Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201345 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1575 on: December 23, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »

All weapons are 3 times in the stockpiles: Normal, Superior and Legendary. The problem is just that the stockpiles dont show the adjectives.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Amagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 24, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »

Well, I'm completely stumped with this. When I enable to stockpile to accept every type of weapon, I get zweihanders in there. If I only enable anything that sounds like a sword, I don't. I just can't figure out how to sort the zweihanders out, because they clearly aren't recognized as "zweihanders" by the stockpile. Finally got something right through trial and error.

So now I have a different question. Or two, really. First, am I correct in assuming I can have as many different runes on stuff as I want, but not 2 of the same? And if I have the same rune, like Orichalcum (that's what Iridium uesd to be, right?) on both my breastplate and helmet, do those stack?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:03:59 pm by Amagic »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 25, 2013, 01:09:05 am »

Is there a way I can test changes to the pet merchant without starting a new fort each time?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 25, 2013, 02:02:04 am »

All weapons are 3 times in the stockpiles: Normal, Superior and Legendary. The problem is just that the stockpiles dont show the adjectives.

Sweet! So if we get rid of adjectives on items with duplicate names, then all the menus and stockpiles become easier? Imma go add that to my TODO list. (Unless there's a good reason not to.)

~ T
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:06:58 am by Urist McTeellox »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1579 on: December 25, 2013, 02:36:14 am »

Sweet! So if we get rid of adjectives on items with duplicate names, then all the menus and stockpiles become easier? Imma go add that to my TODO list. (Unless there's a good reason not to.)

~ T
WHAT? You cant do that. Adjectives are there for a reason. How else should people know if an greataxe is the normal, the improved, or the legendary version? (or any other weapon)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 25, 2013, 02:50:36 am »

So I exhausted other resources and decided I would come here for help in regards to a vanilla DF problem.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4122

That is the problem and the suggested fix is runesmith however runesmith is no longer updated, so I was wondering if dfhack could do something similar.

I know this is not relevant to masterwork but the bug has ruined the only masterwork fort that I ever "won" and I was hoping some resident experts (Putnam, meph, urist) could offer some advice/suggestions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1581 on: December 25, 2013, 02:52:33 am »

dfhack can in fact fix that, there was a discussion about it in the dfhack thread at some point. Unfortunately, there were no finished scripts (?), at least not in the release. Maybe a custom script flying around somewhere.

You can always try the embassy and force a siege.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 25, 2013, 02:58:44 am »

I've had a few neverending sieges before. Though in my case it was caused by units who were off-screen and unable to path onto the map, leaving them de-loaded but still sieging. I could see their equipment in the stock menu, though.

Is yours similar, or do you think there are there multiple types of bugs that result in a permanent siege?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 25, 2013, 02:59:14 am »

WHAT? You cant do that. Adjectives are there for a reason. How else should people know if an greataxe is the normal, the improved, or the legendary version? (or any other weapon)

Am I missing something here? I'm looking at changing:

Code: [Select]
[NAME:zweihander:zweihander]
[ADJECTIVE:superior]

to

[NAME:superior zweihander:superior zweihander]

Have I proposed a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong? ;)

~ T

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 25, 2013, 03:02:04 am »

dfhack can in fact fix that, there was a discussion about it in the dfhack thread at some point. Unfortunately, there were no finished scripts (?), at least not in the release. Maybe a custom script flying around somewhere.

You can always try the embassy and force a siege.

I tried to force things with the embassy but it didn't work. I was able to force a siege with dfhack but even after killing all the invaders the siege status did not lift. I also tried cleaning out the unit list and clearing trees on the edge of the map (just a hunch) and neither worked. I will go check out the dfhack thread again though, thanks.

EDIT:

I've had a few neverending sieges before. Though in my case it was caused by units who were off-screen and unable to path onto the map, leaving them de-loaded but still sieging. I could see their equipment in the stock menu, though.

Is yours similar, or do you think there are there multiple types of bugs that result in a permanent siege?

I'm thinking its the first scenario. It occurred with a goblin siege and has persisted for years now. My stocks are so vast I don't know if I can track down potential invader equipment but I will try.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 03:09:08 am by mensrea »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 25, 2013, 03:55:54 am »

Am I missing something here? I'm looking at changing:

[NAME:zweihander:zweihander]
[ADJECTIVE:superior]

to

[NAME:superior zweihander:superior zweihander]

Have I proposed a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong? ;)

~ T

Well, the difference would be "superior steel zweihander" versus "steel superior zweihander"; I'd say the former is at least more aesthetically pleasing.

Amagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 25, 2013, 10:49:10 am »

Is there any way to see what kind of runes your weapon or armor already has?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1587 on: December 25, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »

Yes, just look at the item. It will state both which runes are on it, and what effect that has. :)

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 25, 2013, 03:45:08 pm »

I take the lack of a reply to mean 'no, there isn't a shortcut have fun with doing it a hundred times'. :p

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1589 on: December 25, 2013, 04:07:58 pm »

I take the lack of a reply to mean 'no, there isn't a shortcut have fun with doing it a hundred times'. :p
Is this about the pet merchant still? You need to regen if you add new reactions.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 165