Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 23931 times)

psznm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »

I bought some drakes for their scales, but when i shear them or even butcher them, I cant do anything with their scales. I tried scale cleaner and tanners workshop and even checked few others for reactions. In scale cleaner there is reaction clean scales (rigid) but it isnt allowed even while I have like 50 drake rigid scales lying around. It worked normally in dwarf fortress with tanners workshop but for kobold camp reaction used for that is removed from tanners workshop. I am using version V.4e with phoebus tileset. I have no idea how those RAWs work, is there any way to allow that reaction in tanners workshop to tan any sheared hides or any other way to fix that problem?

Check burrows. If the workshop is in a different burrow then the scales, it won't work.

No burrows involved, my kobolds dont have any point of interest outside my little fort so I dont need to restrict them.
EDIT: also I have allowed in work orders to collect refuse from outside(because whole fort is outside) as untanned scales are considered to be refuse, so that shouldnt be problem too.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:31:54 pm by psznm »

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2014, 12:09:29 pm »

Is the blinding-flash syndrome from the bombs supposed to be permanent?

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:22 pm »

[INORGANIC:SPIRITWALKING]-syndrome only affects male kobolds. I suppose that's not intended?

psznm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2014, 05:19:48 pm »

I bought some drakes for their scales, but when i shear them or even butcher them, I cant do anything with their scales. I tried scale cleaner and tanners workshop and even checked few others for reactions. In scale cleaner there is reaction clean scales (rigid) but it isnt allowed even while I have like 50 drake rigid scales lying around. It worked normally in dwarf fortress with tanners workshop but for kobold camp reaction used for that is removed from tanners workshop. I am using version V.4e with phoebus tileset. I have no idea how those RAWs work, is there any way to allow that reaction in tanners workshop to tan any sheared hides or any other way to fix that problem?

Check burrows. If the workshop is in a different burrow then the scales, it won't work.

No burrows involved, my kobolds dont have any point of interest outside my little fort so I dont need to restrict them.
EDIT: also I have allowed in work orders to collect refuse from outside(because whole fort is outside) as untanned scales are considered to be refuse, so that shouldnt be problem too.

So after some messing with RAW files, I found out it can be fixed by editing reaction [REACTION:KOBOLD_TAN_A_HIDE_DRAKESCALE] in reaction_kobold.txt
I changed   [REAGENT:A:2:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
          to   [REAGENT:A:2:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
and deleted extra line ending inside
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:RIGID_SCALEPLATE:SCALE][REACTION_CLASS:DRAKESCALE]
If anyone came here to check for this bug make sure you modify your raws in your dwarf fortress folder AND in your save folder.

Merlin4711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2014, 03:56:44 pm »

Hey over there;

my first post here... unfortunally some kind of a bug:

I had my time with the Kobolds, when I decided to designate the trees at the other side of the local stream for chopping. Well. One of my bolds made it to the other side, started chopping wood and refuse to come back. I could wait for winter to solve this, but I wonder why he isn'T swimming back.
So i tried to build him a bridge... uhm... how to say... none of the Kobolds want to build this building. So I tried out to build a Floor over the river. They build up three pieces of floor, but that dumb river is exactly four tiles wide.
Aaaargh.
I'm sad that there is no shovel any more to enable my Kobolds digging a channel below the river. Thats what I do with dwarfes usually - If you can choose between a lame bridge and a narrow tunnel filled up with green glass serrated sawblades... anyway.

I'm afraid the wonderous travel of the one Bold to the other side of the river might be explainable with a shallow part of that stream at the very corner of the map. Bu I do not understand what problem the Bolds have building a way over that river. Ah, no, I have a Mechani-Bold with that Embark-Group, that should perform well as an engineer. (its enabled).
So...?
Next thing I will try is mass-butchering my poor lifestock, to get bones, that will be converted to bone-blocks and build the bridge out of bones... well, at least thats classy.

Greetings

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2014, 05:58:18 pm »

Hey over there;

my first post here... unfortunally some kind of a bug:

I had my time with the Kobolds, when I decided to designate the trees at the other side of the local stream for chopping. Well. One of my bolds made it to the other side, started chopping wood and refuse to come back. I could wait for winter to solve this, but I wonder why he isn'T swimming back.
So i tried to build him a bridge... uhm... how to say... none of the Kobolds want to build this building. So I tried out to build a Floor over the river. They build up three pieces of floor, but that dumb river is exactly four tiles wide.
Aaaargh.
I'm sad that there is no shovel any more to enable my Kobolds digging a channel below the river. Thats what I do with dwarfes usually - If you can choose between a lame bridge and a narrow tunnel filled up with green glass serrated sawblades... anyway.

I'm afraid the wonderous travel of the one Bold to the other side of the river might be explainable with a shallow part of that stream at the very corner of the map. Bu I do not understand what problem the Bolds have building a way over that river. Ah, no, I have a Mechani-Bold with that Embark-Group, that should perform well as an engineer. (its enabled).
So...?
Next thing I will try is mass-butchering my poor lifestock, to get bones, that will be converted to bone-blocks and build the bridge out of bones... well, at least thats classy.

Greetings

You need architecture to build bridges. Its should be under misc labors at the bottom of the labors screen.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Merlin4711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2014, 03:54:10 am »

Hi

Architekture was enabled. At least, the workshop tell me what profession it need to be constructed. It would be marvelous, if I managed to play Masterwork DF for over a year (as dwarfs) without knowing that  ;)

Well, in that special case a bunch of Dragon Raptors solved that problem for me :-[
But I still wonder what did gone wrong in that situation - at one point I had enabled architecture and carpentry for all Bolds available, but no one even did show a single sign of "I'm going to build that dumb bridge"

And finally - the next embark didn't have that problem any more.

I will cry again if I encounter this problem one more time.  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:26 am »

nridges aalso tell you which labor is needed. My best guess is that you made a wood bridge, and it needed carpentry, or a metal bridge, and it needed metasmithing. some people dont know that...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Merlin4711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:46 am »

No, that wasn't the problem. It tells you that it need an architect for designing it and a... carpenter (or mason for stone) to finish it off. Please, do not underestimate my experience in playing Dwarf Fortress  ;D  I tried to quick move stones across the map using a draw-bridge already (well, it was FUN actually...  ::) )

After thinking about it a lot , I assume the problem was caused by the fact, that one piece of wood was located at the Camp-site, while the other piece of wood was located at the other side of that dumb river. None of the Bolds at booth sides were able to grab the two pieces of wood that the game did choose for building that bridge.
Building a Bridge at a new camp-site went well (expect the fact, that this camp was visited by a mega beast)

Could this be the problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2014, 10:25:25 am »

yes, thats the problem. The bolds cant cross a bridge that hasnt been finished yet. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2014, 03:52:57 pm »

I don't know how it happened... But i saved earlier today, just restarted from the save...
And now there seems to be some weird timeanomaly...
z-menu tells me a date about 20 days different from r-menu or a-menu....

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »

I don't know how it happened... But i saved earlier today, just restarted from the save...
And now there seems to be some weird timeanomaly...
z-menu tells me a date about 20 days different from r-menu or a-menu....

Kobolds discovered time travel. Or time travel discovered kobolds. I theorize that the death of Arcvasti's Olm triggered a space-time distortion leading to this. OBVIOUSLY. It might also be a result of the gnomes time travel script included in 4i. Or it might be something random. And the dates in the r or a menu are when the events listed there hapened not what the current date is. You've probably taken that last into account though.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2014, 05:44:10 pm »

On reloading a saved game, if a kobold drank toad shots up to 6 months before the game was saved, he will turn into either a Ram or a Bebilith. Already pretty well documented in the Frozen Kobold thread.
Spooky Signature

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »

I don't know if this is bug but half how my kobolds just turned into rams but are still counted as kobolds. I have no idea what happen all i know is that I gave some frog shots to one of my kobolds turning him into infernal spider which after a week he turned into ram and still ha not turned back.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

I don't know if this is bug but half how my kobolds just turned into rams but are still counted as kobolds. I have no idea what happen all i know is that I gave some frog shots to one of my kobolds turning him into infernal spider which after a week he turned into ram and still ha not turned back.
Its a feature. In 6 months, they'll turn back fine. If they don't, make some more at the breeding warren. See my above post on more toad extract shenigans.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16