Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 23936 times)

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:45 pm »

Is anyone else having a problem with their Pottery workshop spawning units of Magma on any reaction and combusting?

Masterwork V.4a, playing as kobolds, yes. The reaction I was trying was shaping crafts from fire clay. Was unable to test other reactions due to fire.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:26:24 pm by Nat »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2013, 08:38:55 pm »

the workshop "dirt digger" requires 1 shovel :x
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2013, 06:13:39 am »

Haven't check the raws myself but hopefully you just change the thieves tunnel reaction to the old shovel. I'm guessing the item raws are still there, just the ways to produce it are gone. It's already bold size and keeps you from trading for a pick anyway.

Ok maybe the issue is the lack if the tag [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK] in the entity_kobold_camp.txt file. The //mining section (or entire entity file) is missing anything with DIGGER.

Maybe you just restore the brackets around [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL] in that file and then in reaction_kobold file you do a find and replace to find ITEM_WEAPON_PICK and replace with ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL.

I haven't tested it yet and I'm not experienced in the raws enough to be certain.  It's however how I am translating the code to work.   I'll let Meph or one of the other pros validate.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:15:19 am by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2013, 06:13:58 am »

Is anyone else having a problem with their Pottery workshop spawning units of Magma on any reaction and combusting?

Masterwork V.4a, playing as kobolds, yes. The reaction I was trying was shaping crafts from fire clay. Was unable to test other reactions due to fire.
Which tileset?

All the rest is noted.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cizix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2013, 12:01:53 am »

Kobolds are not big enough to use pickaxes. Therefor, in the current version, kobolds have no way to dig.

First version of Kobold Fortress I've ever played, so did a quick raw change to make minimum wield size on picks lower so I could keep playing and it worked just fine.
It probably makes them somewhat unbalanced as a weapon in the hands of little kobolds though...

------

On another note: human and elf traders brought picks with them to trade with the kobolds, mithril and steel respectively. Read somewhere that this might have been unintended - both trading with non-kobold civs AND them bringing picks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2013, 03:17:21 am »

Oh, I got both things fixed in my dev version. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2013, 05:13:20 am »

I don't know if this is only Kobold-specific or allready reported...

Bonecrafts from Dwarven bones generate a ridiculous amount of wealth; mostly between 10.000 to 50.000 dorfbucks instead of the usual 30-150...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:46 am »

Masterwork Version 4B, but I don't believe its been changed since: The soul forge still uses boiling rocks which don't kill as often and deconstruct the building.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

saintclair

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Boxing Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2014, 12:50:41 am »

I am currently having a problem making the Secret Thieves' Tunnel reactions occur. I have over 30 pouches and cloaks together, though nonetheless it does not work. I have several kobolds with the hunting labor, which was indicated by the included manual to be the required skill, and sneaking was not shown. I have the reagents, but the game won't recognize it.

Thanks.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 05:44:59 pm »

I am currently having a problem making the Secret Thieves' Tunnel reactions occur. I have over 30 pouches and cloaks together, though nonetheless it does not work. I have several kobolds with the hunting labor, which was indicated by the included manual to be the required skill, and sneaking was not shown. I have the reagents, but the game won't recognize it.

Thanks.

Try disabling all the burrows and check you have no tools stockpiles. You can't use tools waiting to be hauled and if the reagents are in a burrow and the workshop is not, it won't let you run the reaction if its a smelter type reaction.(Smelter type reaction is one that displays a red reaction name when no reagents are available instead of). Smelter type reactions are usually the ones used in this mod, so having burrows in stockpiles is counter productive.
Spooky Signature

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2014, 03:23:03 am »

The totem bombs don't seem to do anything. In traps invaders only get clobbered by the bombs, nothing else happens. The totem-thrower weapon doesn't fire despite a full quiver of bombs and is used as a melee weapon.

Air sign kobolds never un-vanish after vanishing once. They're always at the "hunting speed" afterwards.

Oh, and I don't know if this belongs here, but Dwarf Therapist doesn't show all castes. They're seperated only by Caster-castes and generic Kobold.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:28:27 am by hanspeter »

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:19 pm »

The totem bombs don't seem to do anything. In traps invaders only get clobbered by the bombs, nothing else happens. The totem-thrower weapon doesn't fire despite a full quiver of bombs and is used as a melee weapon.

The ITEM_WEAPON_TOTEM_SLING entry had invalid ammo assigned.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

The ITEM_WEAPON_TOTEM_SLING entry had invalid ammo assigned.

Good catch. It should be
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_TOTEM_SLING]
[NAME:totem-bomb sling:totem-bomb slings]
[SIZE:300]
[SKILL:CROSSBOW]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:TOTEM] => this line was CROSSBOW:CROSSBOW.  :-\

psznm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2014, 08:12:33 pm »

I bought some drakes for their scales, but when i shear them or even butcher them, I cant do anything with their scales. I tried scale cleaner and tanners workshop and even checked few others for reactions. In scale cleaner there is reaction clean scales (rigid) but it isnt allowed even while I have like 50 drake rigid scales lying around. It worked normally in dwarf fortress with tanners workshop but for kobold camp reaction used for that is removed from tanners workshop. I am using version V.4e with phoebus tileset. I have no idea how those RAWs work, is there any way to allow that reaction in tanners workshop to tan any sheared hides or any other way to fix that problem?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »

I bought some drakes for their scales, but when i shear them or even butcher them, I cant do anything with their scales. I tried scale cleaner and tanners workshop and even checked few others for reactions. In scale cleaner there is reaction clean scales (rigid) but it isnt allowed even while I have like 50 drake rigid scales lying around. It worked normally in dwarf fortress with tanners workshop but for kobold camp reaction used for that is removed from tanners workshop. I am using version V.4e with phoebus tileset. I have no idea how those RAWs work, is there any way to allow that reaction in tanners workshop to tan any sheared hides or any other way to fix that problem?

Check burrows. If the workshop is in a different burrow then the scales, it won't work.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16