Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 23895 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [KOBOLD] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2014, 06:02:23 am »

I don't know if this is bug but half how my kobolds just turned into rams but are still counted as kobolds. I have no idea what happen all i know is that I gave some frog shots to one of my kobolds turning him into infernal spider which after a week he turned into ram and still ha not turned back.
Its a feature. In 6 months, they'll turn back fine. If they don't, make some more at the breeding warren. See my above post on more toad extract shenigans.
[/quote Yay.... I hate that feature noafense meph but I lost about 9 bolds and one is a hunter who says hes to injured to hunt lol

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:08 am »

As now written in 3 different threads in the last few days: Toad extract does turn ALL kobolds drinking it into rams, once you save+reload...
For 6 months... So simply do not use it, as it is gamebreaking right now.

And this is not a feature but a bug.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »

As now written in 3 different threads in the last few days: Toad extract does turn ALL kobolds drinking it into rams, once you save+reload...
For 6 months... So simply do not use it, as it is gamebreaking right now.

And this is not a feature but a bug.
Okay sorry if Im making to many posts for this one bug but thanks for telling what wrong.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

Okay, I posted it in my game thread, but let's post it here:
Using hunting (and to some extend also lumbering and mining) for workshop tasks (like thieves tunnel) is not acceptable.
Not only it completely messes up their equipment settings (for clothes/armor as well as weapons) but also prevents them from sleeping in beds, and causes issues with the exclusive labors (mining/lumbering)
Seriously... This is a massive pain...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:10 pm »

Using hunting (and to some extend also lumbering and mining) for workshop tasks (like thieves tunnel) is not acceptable.
Not only it completely messes up their equipment settings (for clothes/armor as well as weapons) but also prevents them from sleeping in beds, and causes issues with the exclusive labors (mining/lumbering)

The equipment settings thing is only if you have a citizen militia, which is not common. I've never had any trouble with thieves sleeping in beds once I took away their weapon privileges. They should still sleep where they are, so just designate a meeting area for them. And they're kobolds. Unhappy kobolds don't have any negative consequences other then having unsightly red down-arrows everywhere. They don't tantrum and I've never seen them go insane. Also, I don't usually see the need to have a kobold doing Mining, Woodcutting and Hunting all at the same time. Especially in your challenge embark with no trees and no picks[Yet]. I think problems with having half the population as hunters can be solved by taking away the reserved ammunition for hunters in the military screen. Try that before doing the below. Using hunting for thieves tunnels IS counter-intuitive and I remember spending a long time looking for the skill used in them. But this seems more like an isolated problem with the "All labors enabled on everyone" conduct then a serious bug with Kobolds. You might want to consider breaking your "No specialization" conduct for hunting if you have problems with them equipping armor. Have all the named bolds steal while the unamed masses don't have hunting enabled. Quick and easy fix for your problems.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »

The equipment settings thing is only if you have a citizen militia, which is not common. I've never had any trouble with thieves sleeping in beds once I took away their weapon privileges. They should still sleep where they are, so just designate a meeting area for them. And they're kobolds. Unhappy kobolds don't have any negative consequences other then having unsightly red down-arrows everywhere. They don't tantrum and I've never seen them go insane. Also, I don't usually see the need to have a kobold doing Mining, Woodcutting and Hunting all at the same time. Especially in your challenge embark with no trees and no picks[Yet]. I think problems with having half the population as hunters can be solved by taking away the reserved ammunition for hunters in the military screen. Try that before doing the below. Using hunting for thieves tunnels IS counter-intuitive and I remember spending a long time looking for the skill used in them. But this seems more like an isolated problem with the "All labors enabled on everyone" conduct then a serious bug with Kobolds. You might want to consider breaking your "No specialization" conduct for hunting if you have problems with them equipping armor. Have all the named bolds steal while the unamed masses don't have hunting enabled. Quick and easy fix for your problems.

There are enough cases, where this causes issues... E.g. you can also not hunt the normal way anymore. I will stick to it... Using hunting as a workshop labor is simply a NoNo.

oh, and while we are at it.
DFHack spams me with '\WORKER_ID is not a recognized command'
I think it also stems from the thieves tunnel.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2014, 08:10:52 am »

When, why and how are my Druids suppose to transform? I just got ambushed and my druids just kept fighting with their malee weapons and nearly died.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2014, 08:33:52 am »

they transform, when they enrage... This is quite likely to happen, but not guaranteed ;)

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2014, 08:12:47 am »

they transform, when they enrage... This is quite likely to happen, but not guaranteed ;)

I have seen it work now, Thanks.

I guess I just have to put good armor on them so that they survive long enhough to become pissed :D

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2014, 08:44:13 am »

and then half your fortress charges out to collect the armor, once they transform and drop their items :D:D:D

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:34 pm »

V.4i - kobolds demand 2 shovels to build mineshaft, stolen troglodyte blueprint useless atm.  :-\

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:36 am »

Are kobolds suppose to be able to use bows at all? I have not been able to steal the tech to build them myself but they refuse to pick up stolen Bows, composite bows and Greatbows. Even when assigning specigic weapons.

Is it about size requrements? The smallest one (bow) has requrements of 35000 cm2 for two-handed an 0(?) for one-handed. According to the ranged weapons guide included. My Bolds are around 20000 cm2

Is the fletcher useless? I lost my fort trying to steal the plans and I couldnt even use all the loot I got in the process

Also all my bolds can use scourges one-handed even though the guide says 12500/27500 and my bolds being 20000.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2014, 12:19:06 pm »

according to the weapon section in dwarf therapist, kobolds can use short bows and makeshift bows without restrictions. i mostly smelted down all the other kinds of stolen bows for precious mithril ;)

as i recall: if the size is sufficient to wield a weapon 2-handed, you can also use it one-handed but with certain disadvantages

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2014, 03:43:57 pm »

Thank you! The question now is can you make these smaller bows in the fletcher? Im starting a new fort now and I'd like to know if it is useless :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »

sorry, please ignore this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16