Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186138 times)

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #2040 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »

Hitman, when tell the dwarves to "process plants to bags" there are more plants that the job can target now, with masterwork. PigTail leaves are just one of them. Easiest work around (at least for me)... Alt+A. You can tell teh job to target a specific plant, such as the quarry bushes, and the shadow leaf bushes, and then hit R for repeat after getting the specific plant.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 23, 2014, 06:30:59 am »

...speaking of prepared meals, are they not supposed to show up in the trade menu as individual items? I just had the barrels, no contents, although the barrels were clearly worth the amount inside them.

Why do you use barrels?  Pots (made from anything) are larger = fewer hauling jobs, higher FPS.  I generally Forbid all barrels so the cooks can't use 'em.  Prepared meals show in the Trade menu as 'prepared meals,' in the z screen as 'other' (lower left) and in the stocks screen as individual prepared meals.  The total pot value isn't shown until trading but after a couple of years of practice, they're worth a lot.  35K is my personal best, others have posted 75K and then there's that recent post of somebody with 1.4MM stack of meat -- 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

ond_magiker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:25 pm »

My v4j mason keeps making stuff out of wooden planks when I order stone sets in the Furniture Workshop. Planks aren't tagged as rock for some reason are they?

HitmanPAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:24 pm »

Easiest work around (at least for me)... Alt+A. You can tell teh job to target a specific plant, such as the quarry bushes, and the shadow leaf bushes, and then hit R for repeat after getting the specific plant.
Thanks, this helps alot. I completely forgot that DFHack had this function.

Why do you use barrels?  Pots (made from anything) are larger = fewer hauling jobs, higher FPS.

...I had no idea! Is that in the Wiki? I haven't looked at the pots entry in a while, but that's definitely something I would have liked to have known!
In any case, thanks!

My v4j mason keeps making stuff out of wooden planks when I order stone sets in the Furniture Workshop. Planks aren't tagged as rock for some reason are they?

I noticed that too. It was easy enough to work around with block stockpiles. I also noticed that the wood reactions just don't work when linked to a stockpile of wood blocks - instead, 3 of the stone reactions are available. I recall taking a look in the raws and seeing the reactions using non-economic rock blocks, but I'm not really a modder, so don't take m word for it. I do remember that the wood-block-linked shop couldn't perform 2 of the stone reactions; I think it was the storage one, and the noble one.

Or maybe it was the other way around? My brain isn't working right now...

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »

Noticed that specialty ammo from the ammo caster or fletcher can have ridiculously high worth when you try and trade them.  Looking at item_ammo_masterwork they have these lines:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The specialty javelins just seem to be massively overinflated on some of the numbers as compared to what I am assuming is the base javelin.  I am not sure I am even looking in the right spot to be honest. For a single stack of 15 not even particularly good specialty javelins seems to start out around 1.5k and easily top 4k with iron at the depot.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:59 am »

@Denisac from what i have noticed, all ammo is fairly expensive. Try buying a stack of steel bolts from a caravan, easily 4k.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2046 on: April 24, 2014, 09:23:02 am »

Its their size... thats the reason for the high value. But with a smaller size they dont hit as hard.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

peviq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 24, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

I feel bad submitting this, because I can't be very specific, but something keeps crashing my game at the exact same game time. It may be invaders (I've tried using "slayrace" on them, the automatons, to no avail), but no luck there. I thought it was a bug with a dorf who was in a mood, but wouldn't grab any materials, despite the fact that I had them all. I killed him with gravity ("killitwith gravity"), but no luck there either. I've even had some issues with glove handedness crashing the game, but I've downloaded a script to fix that, and I haven't seen anything in DFHack to the effect of having unhanded gloves.

EDIT: Just found my error log. It's pretty long, but I'm posting what I can of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had the same problem. Every fortress crashes at some point in late-summer 3rd year after embark. It must have something to do with dfhack because after lunching without it game dosen't crash. After autumn starts i saved game, reenable dfhack and everything works.

To disable dfhack find SDL.dll in your \MasterworkDF V4j\Dwarf Fortress folder. Rename it to something else. Then find SDLreal.dll in the same folder and rename it to SDL.dll

To enable do this in reverse order.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2048 on: April 25, 2014, 08:32:33 am »

Delete everything that has to do with diggingInvaders from the dfhack.init and start the game again. It should fix it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2049 on: April 25, 2014, 09:26:08 am »

Delete everything that has to do with diggingInvaders from the dfhack.init and start the game again. It should fix it.
yeah or just disable the plugin in dfhack.init. i've been trying every and all settings for diggingInvaders on a save that's crashing, and it's just not working. might be better to remove it entirely from the mod until the author can sit down with it and debug it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2050 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:16 am »

Yes, I thought the same, mostly because I have never seen them actually dig. Now, that in itself is not that big of a deal, because I dont play much, but I never read any "whats happening in your fort" posts about things that dug into a fort either. In short, not a single report since I added this.

Best to remove it, and bug expwnent some more. I know it should work, he is professional enough not to release anything untested, but obviously there are some flaws.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 25, 2014, 11:41:32 am »

I found a problem that maybe Splinterz might be able to help with. in dfhack, fullheal isnt finishing its heal. When i type it in, i see an error pop up in dfhack
Code: [Select]
...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:67: cannot read field body_component_info.body_layer_328: not found.
stack traceback:
            [C]: in funtion '_index'
            ....\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:67: in main chunk
            (...tail calls...)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2052 on: April 25, 2014, 04:01:56 pm »

I found a problem that maybe Splinterz might be able to help with. in dfhack, fullheal isnt finishing its heal. When i type it in, i see an error pop up in dfhack
...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:67: cannot read field body_component_info.body_layer_328: not found.
stack traceback:
            [C]: in funtion '_index'
            ....\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:67: in main chunk
            (...tail calls...)
updating the offsets in this chunk of the script should do it:

print("Resetting body part status...")
v=unit.body.components
for i=0,#v.nonsolid_remaining - 1,1 do
v.nonsolid_remaining[i] = 100 -- percent remaining of fluid layers (Urist Da Vinci)
end

v=unit.body.components
for i=0,#v.layer_status - 1,1 do
v.layer_status[i] = 0 -- severed, leaking layers (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_wound_area[i] = 0 -- wound contact areas (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_cut_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of cuts/fractures on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_dent_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of dents on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_effect_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of "effects" on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
end

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: April 25, 2014, 10:21:29 pm »

@splinterz, I changed the indicated section, now im getting a different error.

...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:73: Cannot write field vector (body_layer_satus).0: complex object.
stack traceback:
      [C]: in function '__newindex'
      ...f-fortress-gold\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:73: in main chunk
     (...(tail calls...)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

yeah, layer_status is a vector of objects now instead of a vector of ints (or something along those lines).
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 142