Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186036 times)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #2070 on: May 01, 2014, 08:02:51 am »

I'm having problems with the previously-mentioned issue of military refusing to train.

I downloaded the gold release of SWP a few days ago, started my fortress without a problem. At the beginning, the military trained normally, but after a couple of months (I believe it was winter), one of them turned into a blood beast, killing one soldier and taking a hand off another (before being knocked out by a tuskox...). Ever since, my dwarves refuse to train, despite reforming the squad, adding and removing members, replacing the armor stand, changing the orders around - nothing.

I used the search function, and as suggested, replaced the druidism script with the new one. Then I replaced all the gnome files with the new version. Still, they refuse to obey anything but direct station / kill orders. Any suggestions?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: May 01, 2014, 08:05:16 am »

Repseki, were the two diseased migrants part of the 1st to migration waves?

No, it was the 3rd or 4th.

They were contagious so I stuck them in a hole with the few others they infected. Was just kinda weird to see them after turning diseases off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2072 on: May 01, 2014, 10:33:38 am »

Repseki, were the two diseased migrants part of the 1st to migration waves?

No, it was the 3rd or 4th.

They were contagious so I stuck them in a hole with the few others they infected. Was just kinda weird to see them after turning diseases off.
You have diseases with diseases off in the gui? Any more infos on that?

Misiekm: The training issue was caused by a gnome script. But its fixed in the current version. You shouldnt have this problem anymore.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:49 am »

the unit's size and their relation to weapons is pretty buggy in DF in general. from all the testing i've done, it uses the default adult size for the weapon checks, regardless of the dwarf's actual size. the only way to know for sure is to try and assign them the weapons and see if they'll pick them up.
I've done some testing. The result is confusing and not exactly as you said.
Rockmage (52950) can wield a zweihander and an aura. She can perform zweihander attacks. But she didn't get exp on sword skill.
An axelord (67150, caste normal dwarf) can wield a zweihander and a tower shield. But he can't perform zweihander attacks. All he did in spar is "strike". But he does gain exp on sword skill very fast for a non-military caste. Maybe it's because he blocked a lot axe attacks from another axelord.
To verify if it's related to his dabbling sword skill and legendary striking skill, the same axelord, wielding a great axe and a tower shield, can't perfrom axe attackes either.

And the other axelord, a guard dwarf, wielding a great axe and a tower shield for years, have quite a lot kills on the great axe, and named it. His actual size is big enough, so I can't tell if it's because his actual size or his caste.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:15:17 am by lcy03406 »

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 01, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

Misiekm: The training issue was caused by a gnome script. But its fixed in the current version. You shouldnt have this problem anymore.

I thought SWP gold is newer than 4j, guess I'll get that one then.
I did download the newest gnomes and let them overwrite the old stuff, but that didn't change anything. I guess I need to start a new fortress, then. Thanks anyway :)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2075 on: May 01, 2014, 05:19:01 pm »

the unit's size and their relation to weapons is pretty buggy in DF in general. from all the testing i've done, it uses the default adult size for the weapon checks, regardless of the dwarf's actual size. the only way to know for sure is to try and assign them the weapons and see if they'll pick them up.
Rockmage (52950) can wield a zweihander and an aura. She can perform zweihander attacks. But she didn't get exp on sword skill.
An axelord (67150, caste normal dwarf) can wield a zweihander and a tower shield. But he can't perform zweihander attacks. All he did in spar is "strike". But he does gain exp on sword skill very fast for a non-military caste. Maybe it's because he blocked a lot axe attacks from another axelord.
To verify if it's related to his dabbling sword skill and legendary striking skill, the same axelord, wielding a great axe and a tower shield, can't perfrom axe attackes either.

And the other axelord, a guard dwarf, wielding a great axe and a tower shield for years, have quite a lot kills on the great axe, and named it. His actual size is big enough, so I can't tell if it's because his actual size or his caste.
i haven't checked those weapon sizes, but just in case you weren't aware when you were testing, masterwork dwarfs have a default size of 70000. that may be why they can use those weapons.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 01, 2014, 09:24:28 pm »

i haven't checked those weapon sizes, but just in case you weren't aware when you were testing, masterwork dwarfs have a default size of 70000. that may be why they can use those weapons.
Didn't know that. But two handed weapons are still two handed. Zweihanders and great axes and their superior and legendary versions are all [TWO_HANDED:77500][MINIMUM_SIZE:57500].
I've noticed the [BODY_SIZE:5:0:70000] in [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]. But I can't find any body-size tag in [SELECT_CASTE:EARTH_3_F] and [SELECT_CASTE:EARTH_3_M]. What's the size of a rockmage?

Nr12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: May 02, 2014, 06:07:16 pm »

Hello people'

First up thanks for a great mod, works great in most aspects and I can hardly play vanilla any longer as it feels like I'm missing out on a ton of content.

Anyhow, I have one reoccuring problem and possibly another one (brand new install, haven't been able to test yet).

1. World generation is broken (Both standard and the advanced)
At first I thought I was lucky that I got several layers of raw adamantine layers on my embark site, however I soon found out that 50-60% of all my generated worlds are covered in huge chunks of adamantine. Redownloading/extracting the files multiple times before I start it up again for the first time doesn't fix it. Aside from Adamantine, I often have ridiculous amounts of small ice gems showing up, bifrost, Explosion_big, Raport_colloseum_spawn and other oddities. Overall high value gems and metals seems to consistently generate in greatly inflated volumes. What's completely missing though are the Armok gems.

2. Broken interactions in the magma forge (Not sure if it's still there, but can be a symptom of the same problem)
The forge has huge list of materials that you choose from first, most of the materials are mentioned several times. For instance the list begins with:
"Adamantine, adamantine, adamantine.."

Not sure what additional information I should provide you with. Let me know.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2078 on: May 02, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »

Hello people'

First up thanks for a great mod, works great in most aspects and I can hardly play vanilla any longer as it feels like I'm missing out on a ton of content.

Anyhow, I have one reoccuring problem and possibly another one (brand new install, haven't been able to test yet).

1. World generation is broken (Both standard and the advanced)
At first I thought I was lucky that I got several layers of raw adamantine layers on my embark site, however I soon found out that 50-60% of all my generated worlds are covered in huge chunks of adamantine. Redownloading/extracting the files multiple times before I start it up again for the first time doesn't fix it. Aside from Adamantine, I often have ridiculous amounts of small ice gems showing up, bifrost, Explosion_big, Raport_colloseum_spawn and other oddities. Overall high value gems and metals seems to consistently generate in greatly inflated volumes. What's completely missing though are the Armok gems.

2. Broken interactions in the magma forge (Not sure if it's still there, but can be a symptom of the same problem)
The forge has huge list of materials that you choose from first, most of the materials are mentioned several times. For instance the list begins with:
"Adamantine, adamantine, adamantine.."

Not sure what additional information I should provide you with. Let me know.
they're both probably due to that settings bug posted previously in the thread. changing any options after changing the tileset messes up the raws. so either restart the gui immediately after changing the tileset, or ensure it's the last setting you change.

rustyshack1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:10 am »

Having some issues with V4j, despite having all the necessary mats and stuff I am not able to do any research at the "Researcher's Study" workshop. I have numerous dwarves with the labor enabled, I have built and rebuilt 2 different studies, one with artifact materials and one without artifact materials to no avail. All of the potential jobs are in red text, whenever I click on one it shows the reagents for the research and the only thing red is "Takes place at researcher's study."

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: May 03, 2014, 02:35:57 am »

rusty, do you have any burrows?

digimite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 03, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »

Windows 2.2.03 Taffer

I am wondering if the Warbeast Kennels are bugged.  I clad the first five Mastiff in steel, no problems whatsoever.  They are also trained to Legendary in various skills.  However on my sixth attempt I received the message 'a warbeast has been clad in armor' with no accompanying transformation.  The pastured mastiff is still a normal war dog.  Any ideas?

rustyshack1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 03, 2014, 08:42:59 pm »

rusty, do you have any burrows?

Yes, but I don't have anyone assigned to them. I only use them to keep people from going outside during a siege. Is there some sort of associated bug?

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 03, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »

@rusty
If the materials and the workshop are in different burrows, then there can be conflict. Make sure the stocks and the shops are in the burrow together, and you will be good to go.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2084 on: May 04, 2014, 05:34:43 am »

Digimite: If it worked 5 times, it should work a sixth time. The code behind it is such that it either works or not, no 5/6 of the time. I really cant say why it did not transform.

But how are your five legendary steelclad mastiffs doing in combat? Have you tested them yet?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 142