Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186037 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #2055 on: April 26, 2014, 10:45:13 pm »

I've been having crashes in various fortresses the past couple of days. I'm using the gold studded with patches download on windows7.  The tileset I'm using is Masterwork-Obsidian walls. 

The bottom of my error log is
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/entity_default.txt"
MOUNTAIN:Unrecognized Entity Token: REACTION
path fail: goblin,7,26,173 -> 38,47,173: Id #6346:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Maraude Target at 39,47,173
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:47:06 pm by oldark »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2056 on: April 27, 2014, 01:03:36 am »

@splinterz, I changed the indicated section, now im getting a different error.

...\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:73: Cannot write field vector (body_layer_satus).0: complex object.
stack traceback:
      [C]: in function '__newindex'
      ...f-fortress-gold\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/fullheal.lua:73: in main chunk
     (...(tail calls...)

ah yeah, my mistake. as Putnam mentioned, it's a different structure. this seems to work:
v=unit.body.components
for i=0,#v.layer_status - 1,1 do
for j=0,#v.layer_status-1,1 do -- severed, leaking layers (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_status[j].gone = 0
v.layer_status[j].leaking = 0
end
v.layer_wound_area[i] = 0 -- wound contact areas (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_cut_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of cuts/fractures on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_dent_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of dents on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
v.layer_effect_fraction[i] = 0 -- 100*surface percentage of "effects" on the body part layer (Urist Da Vinci)
end

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 27, 2014, 03:11:31 am »

"Sell oil for 500 shillings" consumes the container.
And also takes magma as oil.
And consumes the tank.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 27, 2014, 08:35:12 am »

So we can sell magma, and not just by dumping it on elf traders?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 27, 2014, 11:13:21 am »

So we can sell magma, and not just by dumping it on elf traders?
Yes but for dwarves an iron tank is more valuable than silver coins.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:29 pm »

Yes, I thought the same, mostly because I have never seen them actually dig. Now, that in itself is not that big of a deal, because I dont play much, but I never read any "whats happening in your fort" posts about things that dug into a fort either. In short, not a single report since I added this.

Best to remove it, and bug expwnent some more. I know it should work, he is professional enough not to release anything untested, but obviously there are some flaws.
I have seen 2 orc raids designate a downward stair for digging outside my fort. I killed the ambushers after a couple of months, so nothing came of it.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 27, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »

-Woops wrong place-
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:02:39 pm by Jakob »
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 29, 2014, 01:05:41 pm »

MW 4j, on linux - have a long running fort again, got tired of not having workflow, so I decided to start debugging.  My startup dfhack output I've now fixed down to this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To get this far, I've removed all lines containing "diggingInvaders", commented out all the binpatches and the Gnome and Warlock scripts (they all just threw the lua error "attempt to call a nil value" anyway), and changed this:

to this:

(which doesn't make any sense to me - "enable" is reported as not valid, I don't understand how these are working for anyone if that's true ...)

The "not a recognized command" lines confuse me - each one is a plugin, for which there is a .so in hack/plugins (except for syndromeTrigger, which explains that one).  No other errors associated with those ...

The remaining "attempt to call a nil value" errors come from the following lines:
(first two - not sure)
itemsyndrome contaminantsOn enable
itemsyndrome enable
soundsense-season (confusing, as soundSense notices the seasons just fine)
fix/cloth-stockpile enable

Any thoughts the audience has would be greatly appreciated.  Now that I've typed all this, I'm wondering if my UtilityPlugins_v0.35-Windows-0.34.11.r3.zip is too old ...

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 30, 2014, 10:23:03 am »

Utility Plugins updated to v0.43, more working now.  MDF ships with the Windows dlls - for linux one has to obtain the .so shared libraries separately, and mine were dated.

The workflow plugin, it turns out, throws an error in stderr.log about GLIBCXX_3.4.15.  The linux version of DF comes with a libs/libstdc++.so.6 that's too old - moving/renaming that allows the stocks.so plugin to load.  Yay, I've got workflow again!

Still getting a lot of script/plugin failures ("attempt to call a nil value") - I must be doing something wrong ... is MDF using something other than basic dfhack-0.34.11-r3 ... ?

Also this:
./hack/lua/dfhack.lua:223: attempt to index field 'random' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ./hack/lua/dfhack.lua:223: in main chunk
        [C]: in ?

Line 223 is this:
dfhack.random.__index = dfhack.random
Despite all this, the game itself continues to run just fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2064 on: April 30, 2014, 01:08:23 pm »

I use the inofficial r4 dfhack release, necessary for several new scripts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 30, 2014, 02:32:19 pm »

I use the inofficial r4 dfhack release, necessary for several new scripts.

Well, that explain a lot :-)

I'll see if I can compile it for linux, and while I'm at it I'll bite the bullet and layman qt5 to get an up-to-date DT ...

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 30, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

Just had two diseased migrants show up at my fort, even though I turned diseases off. Not entirely sure they are actually diseased, as things are paused at the moment, but they definitely seem to be.

The first is covered in blisters, with Therapist showing a smallpox buff. With the extra fun of almost definitely being a Vampire.

The second shows smallpox and bubonic plague, while also having pock-marked plaguebearer tagged onto their name.

Just kinda weird.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:46 pm »

Repseki, were the two diseased migrants part of the 1st to migration waves?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: May 01, 2014, 05:14:09 am »

My rockmage is not big enough to dual wield great weapons. I don't know if it was intended or a bug. Her profile says "She is weak. She is weak and short." and Dwarf Therapist reports her size is only 52950. Is it too small to dual wield?
And also her profession is "rockmage hunter *earthkin*". I think it should be "rockmage hunter *rockmage*".
And I failed 3 times to train her in "marster the school of earth". "Failed" means her took all reagents and begun to work, and the reagents disappeared, an announcement showed up but her didn't transform.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:30:17 am by lcy03406 »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2069 on: May 01, 2014, 06:15:16 am »

My rockmage is not big enough to dual wield great weapons. I don't know if it was intended or a bug. Her profile says "She is weak. She is weak and short." and Dwarf Therapist reports her size is only 52950. Is it too small to dual wield?
And also her profession is "rockmage hunter *earthkin*". I think it should be "rockmage hunter *rockmage*".
And I failed 3 times to train her in "marster the school of earth". "Failed" means her took all reagents and begun to work, and the reagents disappeared, an announcement showed up but her didn't transform.
the unit's size and their relation to weapons is pretty buggy in DF in general. from all the testing i've done, it uses the default adult size for the weapon checks, regardless of the dwarf's actual size. the only way to know for sure is to try and assign them the weapons and see if they'll pick them up.

there's some issue with the transformations that have been reported. some other people have reported that the rock mages' shield blocks the transformation i think? it could be that.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 142