Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190640 times)

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1080 on: September 30, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

Indeed, war on a civ of forgotten beasts. You just get sieged by em.

Hmm. Can you add behavior to forgotten beasts/make a civ just like em? A civization where every member looks different/a civ of megabeasts would be really cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1081 on: September 30, 2013, 05:06:14 pm »

no I cant. rumrusher did some dfhack tests, but they all died because they are enraged about having no clothing and trying to lift things without hands.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 30, 2013, 05:16:09 pm »

no I cant. rumrusher did some dfhack tests, but they all died because they are enraged about having no clothing and trying to lift things without hands.
Hmm. So a civ has to be intelligent to be a civ? That's a shame.....however, imagining a race of dinosaur like creatures dying out because they don't have hands is goddamn hilarious.

I can build things out of crates. I accidentally built a kitchen out of a crate of medical supplies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »

I see no problem with that. Why not build with crates? they are rectangular, solid objects.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

I actually quite like the idea of all my workshops being box forts.  :P
However, building things with soap is....a little more disturbing.

Fdazer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:32 pm »

OK. What do I do with the hundreds of crayfish shells I've got? If they have no purpose, maybe they could just go away?

A crematory with burn bodyparts on repeat should do it but it could burn your bone stack if you don't watch it

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 30, 2013, 06:39:28 pm »

crayfish remains should rot... or do you have actual crayfish shells that are stockpiled as shells? that might warrant taking a look, because other then atomsmashing I wouldnt know how to get rid of them.

They're not stockpiled as shells. I'm not sure what they are stockpiled as.  Something under Item Types or Body Parts I guess. I'm not kidding when I say I have hundreds of them. They might be slowly rotting away, but I'd sooner they didn't exist. A lot of busywork moving them around and extending the crypt for the sake of a bit of fishmeat.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 30, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

OK. What do I do with the hundreds of crayfish shells I've got? If they have no purpose, maybe they could just go away?

A crematory with burn bodyparts on repeat should do it but it could burn your bone stack if you don't watch it

I have the crematory AND the apothecary running at full blast already just dealing with my fallen foes. Not to mention the moleweasels.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1088 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:22 pm »

I'm getting suspicious of that entire world in general.
Today I tried loading the save that resulted from slaying all my dwarves to start a new fort. DF crashed while it was loading the world. I started DF back up and tried to load the save again. This time, it brought me to the world map. I chose where I wanted to embark to, assembled my dwarves and their supplies, and then the game crashed when I hit embark.

Some odd things I noticed:
 * I can't bring plump helmets or plump helmet spawn.
 * Some vanilla pets are missing, such as normal dogs, chickens, and cats.
 * When I was configuring DF in the settings application, I enabled a bunch of things. When I open it now and look at it, some of the options I set have been reverted back to "no", such as the weather control device, the curch, the fountain of youth, the hall, and warbeasts, to name a few.

(On a slightly related sidenote, I first noticed the settings application reverting settings on the next run in Linux. I blamed that on Wine, but it seems it's doing the same thing in Windows)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1089 on: September 30, 2013, 07:18:04 pm »

Some odd things I noticed:
 * I can't bring plump helmets or plump helmet spawn.
 * Some vanilla pets are missing, such as normal dogs, chickens, and cats.
 * When I was configuring DF in the settings application, I enabled a bunch of things. When I open it now and look at it, some of the options I set have been reverted back to "no", such as the weather control device, the curch, the fountain of youth, the hall, and warbeasts, to name a fe

this is all normal.
1. no water in the caverns: no underground plump helmets
2. they are removed in the mod, next version has them optionally back in.
3. normal, its bugged because it had no update since 5 months, I couldnt access the source code. I have the fixed version here, just playtesting it at this moment.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1090 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:18 pm »

this is all normal.
1. no water in the caverns: no underground plump helmets
2. they are removed in the mod, next version has them optionally back in.
3. normal, its bugged because it had no update since 5 months, I couldnt access the source code. I have the fixed version here, just playtesting it at this moment.

Ok, cool. I was worried something broke terribly on my end.
I guess I just got a corrupt worldgen. I'll generate a new world and try again.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44:00 am »

Masterwork 4 issue, embark screen items:
(longland grass none [20])
(pig tail none [20])
(blade weed none [20])

They cost 1 point each and are not seeds or spawns, since I have those later in the list. My current guess is that they are supposed to be drinks, as I have no other drinks in the list.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 01, 2013, 06:07:53 am »

MDF4 GUI

-No spacefox color scheme
-GUI inconsistency with buttons , need to change button color and text colors to actual colors and not "background" or "text" colors based on windows theme standard
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tooltips
-Adv.Traps , Adv.Centered , Pet Coffin Use all use same tooltip as Digging Stop in GUI
-A lot of tooltips are coppy/paste'ed in Workshops(dyery , pottery , ect.) , found some in misc.features(build dimensions same as english dwarves) as well
-All worldgen text input boxes shows "How fast game runs" as tooltip

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:19:55 am by Vabalokis »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 01, 2013, 06:34:27 am »

Getting a repeated error popping up in DFHack. Has "Checking unit#" then a number from 1 to 67. Then in red

"...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: Cannot read field vector<unit*>.-1: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
             [C]: in function '_index'
             ...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: in function <...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:326>"

then the checking unit #1-67 again. Happens every few seconds while playing.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Darunija

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 01, 2013, 07:02:17 am »

I got problems with the launcher. All buttons of all the first four tabs are completly black. I can klick on them but cant see what will be changed. Topics can be seen.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 142