Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190661 times)

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1065 on: September 30, 2013, 10:13:23 am »

Out of curiosity, I tested addictgamer's savegame and it loads fine for me. It does crash a few seconds after I unpause though. Using "slayrace dwarf" on it causes the game to end, unlike in my game (perhaps because my fort was full of all sorts of creatures?).

Edit:

Can someone explain why my savegame is ~50 MB, with a huge fort of ~250 dwarves, while addictgamer's is ~350 MB with a tiny fort? Compressed, my game is ~30 MB, while his is ~15 MB. I'm sure there's a good reason, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:18:44 am by RandomName »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1066 on: September 30, 2013, 10:34:10 am »

Out of curiosity, I tested addictgamer's savegame and it loads fine for me. It does crash a few seconds after I unpause though. Using "slayrace dwarf" on it causes the game to end, unlike in my game (perhaps because my fort was full of all sorts of creatures?).
Can someone explain why my savegame is ~50 MB, with a huge fort of ~250 dwarves, while addictgamer's is ~350 MB with a tiny fort? Compressed, my game is ~30 MB, while his is ~15 MB. I'm sure there's a good reason, I'm just curious.

I'm using uncompressed saves.
Not sure why the compressed size differs, compression algorithms aren't my thing.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1067 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:45 am »

Randomname: since you got it running, could you please do the following in addictedgamers save? (or addictedgamer, try yourself ^^)

Point your cursor somewhere.
Open dfhack console, type:
spawn GOBLIN 0 Test
press enter.
then do: slayrace DWARF

This way the fort will stay alive with one goblin civ member. I am really, really curious if the dwarves themself are cause for this crash.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 30, 2013, 11:03:49 am »

I spawned the goblin, but it didn't prevent the game from ending when I killed the dwarves.

Edit:
The goblin does show up under "citizens" as "tame", and it doesn't die from the slayrace-command.

Edit, part two:
I tried doing slayrace dwarf first, then spawning a dwarf instead of a goblin (so all old dwarves dead). This prevented the game from ending, but it still crashed like before.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:20:32 am by RandomName »

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1069 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:02 am »

Randomname: since you got it running, could you please do the following in addictedgamers save? (or addictedgamer, try yourself ^^)
Erm, it's addictgamer, not addictedgamer.

Point your cursor somewhere.
Open dfhack console, type:
spawn GOBLIN 0 Test
press enter.
then do: slayrace DWARF

This way the fort will stay alive with one goblin civ member. I am really, really curious if the dwarves themself are cause for this crash.
I got the same result as RandomName.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 30, 2013, 11:27:13 am »

I am ending up with vast numbers of crayfish shells. They don't appear to count as shell for the purposes of crafting, and I can't find any other way of getting rid of them.

Chitin and shell seem somewhat messed up in general. I get a lot of chitin from fallen enemies that doesn't count as chitin.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:14 am »

I tried spawning a dwarf in my own savegame (using the exact same method as in addictgamer's save, which worked fine and produced a regular dwarf), but he dies instantly of old age (according to deathcause). I thought maybe it could be because I was over the population limit (~250 dwarves and a cap of 200, (I have no idea if the cap was always 200 and if/when/how I crossed the limit)), but he dies instantly when I unpause the game even if I kill all the other dwarves first with slayrace.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 30, 2013, 11:56:08 am »

Found the root of my helm problems. The mail hood has exactly the same layer and permit settings as the helm, making it impossible to wear both together. Perhaps this is intended, but you can wear mail under every other piece of regular armour. Mail hoods need to be layer size 15 or so

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_MAIL]
[NAME:mail hood:mail hoods]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS]
[LAYER:UNDER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:30]
[LAYER_PERMIT:20]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL]

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM]
[NAME:helm:helms]
[ARMORLEVEL:1]
[METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:30]
[LAYER_PERMIT:20]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[BARRED]
[SCALED]
[LEATHER]
[SHAPED]

I've made the change in my own game. Hopefully they'll equip themselves properly now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:08:07 pm by Arkenor »

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 30, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »

Annoying doublepost.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:06:23 pm by Arkenor »

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 30, 2013, 03:02:07 pm »

Dual bug reports:
1. this to do with therapist, in that the lumberjack role doesn't show up, unless you view the details pane of a dwarf. If you could nicely ask splinterz to fix this asap, that'd be great :D
2. rarely, a few of my embarking dwarves think they're kobolds. Instead of the skill being called miner, it'll be called digger. sworddwarf->machetebold, etc. Using default masterwork tileset, never ever genned a kobold world or played kobold in this version, all settings default except for grazing, harder smithing, farming, smelting, and mining off. It's an interesting bug and I can't track it down on my home pc (win 7), and whenever it occurs its on my old laptop with no internet access (win xp).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1075 on: September 30, 2013, 03:17:20 pm »

vcordie: I am not sure that splinterz can do much about it, and I have never used roles, so I dont know anything about it. I can ask him, never hurts.

2. rarely, a few of my embarking dwarves think they're kobolds. Instead of the skill being called miner, it'll be called digger. sworddwarf->machetebold, etc. Using default masterwork tileset, never ever genned a kobold world or played kobold in this version, all settings default except for grazing, harder smithing, farming, smelting, and mining off. It's an interesting bug and I can't track it down on my home pc (win 7), and whenever it occurs its on my old laptop with no internet access (win xp).
I'd say thats impossible, because they are in different creature files and cant mix, but I do remember seeing with my own eyes a orc embark with the sword-skill renamed to sword-golem, from the pet golems. It never repeated itself, and I could never find the source, but its no real problem. I take it that the dwarves ingame still have the correct profession names?

arkenor: crayfish shells are not turtle shells. too tiny, too weak, and cant be used as shell, that is quite intentional. Which enemies have weird chitin for you?

randomname: thats because your world is older then the max age of dwarves, its fixed in the next version of the spawn script. its a dfhack bug.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 30, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »

vcordie: I am not sure that splinterz can do much about it, and I have never used roles, so I dont know anything about it. I can ask him, never hurts.

I'd say thats impossible, because they are in different creature files and cant mix, but I do remember seeing with my own eyes a orc embark with the sword-skill renamed to sword-golem, from the pet golems. It never repeated itself, and I could never find the source, but its no real problem. I take it that the dwarves ingame still have the correct profession names?

arkenor: crayfish shells are not turtle shells. too tiny, too weak, and cant be used as shell, that is quite intentional. Which enemies have weird chitin for you?

randomname: thats because your world is older then the max age of dwarves, its fixed in the next version of the spawn script. its a dfhack bug.

Yes, they do in fact have the correct profession names. Also, I got a forgotten beast made out of DECLARE WAR. which promptly evaporated. What civ did I just inadvertantly declare war on, or does DFHACK also need a reaction in addition to the material evaporating.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 30, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »

OK. What do I do with the hundreds of crayfish shells I've got? If they have no purpose, maybe they could just go away?

The chitin that's also cluttering up my crypt seems to largely be body parts of various creatures that siegers have ridden as mounts. Drowspiders, and some sort of giant beetles. I'll pay better attention if they turn up again.

Oh, and what is "unknown frozen creature substance"? It sounds delicious, but it is mostly sitting around in my butchershops.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:16:48 pm by Arkenor »

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 30, 2013, 04:16:51 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'm having some trouble with an Orc game I started. Goblin traders turned up, I built a depot and appointed a broker, but I can't see what anything's worth. I can trade just fine, I just have no idea what my offer is worth, so I have to just keep adding/removing stuff until the trader agrees to my offer. The only information shown for items are their names and weight.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1079 on: September 30, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

randomname: your trader has no points in appraisal, thats normal vanilla df behaviour.

arkenor: is noted. dont know what could be up with the chitin, but it has been reported some time ago. I have it in my list somewhere, but I couldnt find the problem in the creature raws.

unkown creature substance is just that, its a substance from a creature that has no name. could be anything, blood, pus, venom, saliva...

crayfish remains should rot... or do you have actual crayfish shells that are stockpiled as shells? that might warrant taking a look, because other then atomsmashing I wouldnt know how to get rid of them.

vcordie: no worries, autosyndrome needs a reaction to trigger, it wont declar a war. would be hilarious though :P
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 142