Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190650 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1110 on: October 01, 2013, 04:46:13 pm »

Ty Mep, and also, confirmed, Resizing the game in the preparing embark screen (were you pick items and  customizing Dwarves. Using the mouse wheel crashes the game.
Thats already been stated in the bugs section. Its related to rendermax

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1111 on: October 01, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »

I should probably add some info about Rendermax to the manual.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 01, 2013, 10:26:59 pm »

It appears that GUI settings are not persisting between sessions.  Harder Smelting for one.  Harder Smithing, Harder Mining, and More Foods are working.  Those are the only ones I toggle.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Lowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 01, 2013, 11:22:37 pm »

Using masterwork 4a, ascii tileset with creature sprites, rendermax is on:

In dwarf mode, going to the hotkeys screen (H), pressing f3 to select the third hotkey and then N to name it, if I name it something like "Lvl1" pressing 1 results in what looks like a diagonal5 exploratory mining pattern drawn all over the screen with rendermax (it appears shaded and moves around with the view). Pressing 1 again crashes dwarf fortress.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 02, 2013, 12:39:05 am »

Getting a repeated error popping up in DFHack. Has "Checking unit#" then a number from 1 to 67. Then in red

"...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: Cannot read field vector<unit*>.-1: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
             [C]: in function '_index'
             ...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: in function <...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:326>"

then the checking unit #1-67 again. Happens every few seconds while playing.

That debug option shouldn't be on...

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:04 am »

Getting a repeated error popping up in DFHack. Has "Checking unit#" then a number from 1 to 67. Then in red

"...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: Cannot read field vector<unit*>.-1: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
             [C]: in function '_index'
             ...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:328: in function <...terworkDF 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:326>"

then the checking unit #1-67 again. Happens every few seconds while playing.

That debug option shouldn't be on...

Ok. So how do I turn it off? I didn't do anything different than normal.  That was with 4 though, just starting with 4a.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 02, 2013, 12:49:12 am »

itemsyndrome debugoff

you should also replace itemsyndrome with the latest version here

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 02, 2013, 02:04:09 am »

I actually quite like the idea of all my workshops being box forts.  :P
However, building things with soap is....a little more disturbing.

Building workshops out of soap is a good way to ensure you keep a few bars ready for hospital use, though with work flow and Masterwork's flexibility, that's not so much an issue anymore.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1118 on: October 02, 2013, 05:51:05 am »

Using masterwork 4a, ascii tileset with creature sprites, rendermax is on:

In dwarf mode, going to the hotkeys screen (H), pressing f3 to select the third hotkey and then N to name it, if I name it something like "Lvl1" pressing 1 results in what looks like a diagonal5 exploratory mining pattern drawn all over the screen with rendermax (it appears shaded and moves around with the view). Pressing 1 again crashes dwarf fortress.
Thats because the 1 is used for zoom, I should probably change that. Zooming is bad with Rendermax.

Putnam: It is the newest version of itemsyndrome (not the one you are testing atm, but the one in your modder scripts download) and I did not turn on any debugging.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 02, 2013, 07:00:17 am »

Scriptorium only writes the book "Stick them with the pointy end" - all write (book) reactions write specifically that book, rather than what they're supposed to.

Took me a second to realize it, as I actually happened to start with that book, then grew confused when I kept getting it again and again...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1120 on: October 02, 2013, 07:12:06 am »

I will just find a hole to hide in, never to be heard from again, ok?

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 02, 2013, 07:18:27 am »

Only if you arrange food, water, and internet/computer access so that you can continue working on Masterwork.   :P

Other than that, everything seems to be working fine, or at least I haven't seen anything else so far.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1122 on: October 02, 2013, 07:19:59 am »

I tested the damn thing with books from a test-reaction, which spawns every book once. Never occured to me that I might have missed something so silly. Its a simple fix though and can be done to a running world. Guess this evening (local time) I will upload 4b. ^^ Save-compatible.

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:07 am »

Good to hear - I'm liking the way my current fort is shaping up.  Guess I'll finally head to sleep then.

Oh, right, one more thing - what labor is the Ore Processor under?  I thought it was Mining like it used to be, but apparently that's changed?  I must've missed it in the change log..

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 02, 2013, 07:48:19 am »

Spacefox tileset, not sure if other tilesets have the same problem

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is (obviously) causing problems with every single reaction requiring these inorganics. Errorlog is very full ;)

I thought turning Harder Mining off should leave stable warpstone still around?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
for everything requiring warpstone too. (I do know why though, your metatag for warpstone turns off the whole inorganic file (!NOWARP!OBJECT:INORGANIC]) ;)

Question: Has the option for castes been removed? The metatags still exist though, so...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:10:19 am by RickRollYou2 »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 142