Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190657 times)

Flavio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1050 on: September 29, 2013, 10:04:32 am »

My mason refuses to craft rock beds from blocks in the stone cutter's workshop, even though there are plenty of blocks available.
As far as I remember you need to have cloth to make the bed.

My brewer refuses to use pots made from bone. I separated bones from the stack and used the single bones to make pots and my brewer always cancel the brewyng reaction due to lack of food containers, although I have almost 200 bone pots next to him.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 29, 2013, 01:52:49 pm »

The Stonecutter workshop uses the stonecrafting skill, not masonry (if that is the problem) and needs 1 'worthless stone' inorganic block. The 'worthless stone' tag refers only that said block material is allowed in the Economic Stone screen.

So, A stonecrafter needs a single block in a material that's not organic and not reserved for special use in the Economic Stone screen.

No masons, no cloth but pretty open ended on what exactly an inorganic block is eh? ;)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1052 on: September 29, 2013, 03:52:35 pm »

Running "v.3i (fixed)" in windows 7, Ironhand tileset:

My save crashes a few seconds after I unpause, always at or around the same point. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bh0sk64ugcnn5l2/masterworkdf-3i-broken-save.zip
I have no idea why this happens. I first noticed the crash after digging out a grand residential area. I started DF up again and took off from the latest save, making several new saves until it crashes again, after around the same amount of ingame time. I restarted DF, took off from the latest save, made more frequent saves and eventually it crashed again. I repeated this until I got a save a few minutes from the crash. It always crashes consistently several seconds after I unpause.

Is there any chance this save can be recovered?
If not, I'll just start a new world.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 29, 2013, 05:17:42 pm »

Just tried the "Recruit Caravan Guards" option in the Embassy. I'd built an embassy right next to my Trade Depot for the purpose. There's a whole band of dwarven traders in there at the moment, but after paying my 5000 gold, it appears that absolutely nothing happened.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 30, 2013, 06:21:04 am »

I'm in almost the exact same position as addictgamer, my game crashes on some specific point, just a few seconds after this save (running "v.3i -fixed" and Phoebus tileset):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1320684/region3_crash.rar

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1055 on: September 30, 2013, 06:23:31 am »

I will test both saves now and I did write kurik amudnil about the hire guard script.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1056 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:32 am »

Randomname: I finished looking at your save.

Tested without dfhack = crash
Tested with unpatched .exe = crash
Tested with all jobs cancelled = crash

So its neither a reaction product, nor dfhack, nor the exe. Next thing I did is force an elven caravan, to see if their arrival is the source, no luck. elven caravan shows up, no problem.

Errorlog and gamelog dont show much. I did run "crashfix1", a script that stops a crash thats caused by a weird colony/hive bug, but that wasnt the source either. I dont know whats causing this crash.

addictgamer, I have a look at yours now.
Edit: Crashes on load, I cant even do anything. Before I see the fort, DF freezes.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:10:50 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 30, 2013, 07:58:02 am »

I managed to make my game stop crashing, but it's not really helpful. By using "slayrace dwarf" (in dfhack) to kill all my dwarves, the crashes seem to have stopped.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1058 on: September 30, 2013, 08:01:29 am »

Isnt that killing the fort as well? And if it works, it is helpful. It can be a birth, or a death, or something a mage does...

EDIT: I did however figure out why the forest giant (and some other megabeast corpses) didnt work:
The entry was: ITEMCORPSE:ITEM_TOOL_ID:INORGANIC:MATERIAL_ID
The entry should have been ITEMCORPSE:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_ID:INORGANIC:MATERIAL_ID
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:06:31 am by Meph »

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 30, 2013, 08:06:21 am »

I guess it should kill the fort, but it doesn't. The game just keeps running.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1060 on: September 30, 2013, 09:21:24 am »

addictgamer, I have a look at yours now.
Edit: Crashes on load, I cant even do anything. Before I see the fort, DF freezes.

Huh. That's odd. You did use the Ironhand tileset, correct?

I managed to make my game stop crashing, but it's not really helpful. By using "slayrace dwarf" (in dfhack) to kill all my dwarves, the crashes seem to have stopped.
I tried that but my fort crumbled to an end.

Edit:
I checked my gamelog:
Code: [Select]
*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
** Loading Fortress **
Autumn has arrived on the calendar.
The *Farmers-Guild Peasant* Unib Reksasrodim from Berim Fushur has arrived.
A caravan from Berim Fushur has arrived.
Their wagons have bypassed your inaccessible site.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:26:33 am by addictgamer »
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1061 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:34 am »

Doesnt matter if ironhand or not, it should load fine regardless of the tileset. Dont know why it doesnt load.  ???

Fdazer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 30, 2013, 09:37:34 am »

I'm not sure if those are bugs, but I'm getting platinum soul from the archeologist (not platinum soul fragment nor (greater soul) megabeast).
Those doesn't seem to do anything beside selling them in the market.
I also got guardian of Armok from the archeologist and I don't see where they can be activated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1063 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:58 am »

I fixed both in my dev version. They are leftovers... I updated the guardian spawning and the megabeast spawning, but didnt think of the archeologist.

Fdazer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 30, 2013, 10:05:48 am »

I fixed both in my dev version. They are leftovers... I updated the guardian spawning and the megabeast spawning, but didnt think of the archeologist.

You should check the montainhome market too.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 142