Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190751 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #405 on: July 07, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »

Not 100% on this being a bug, but it was definitely a little odd.

I had a "friendly" Deity appear, as they can now do, and while he was friendly enough to not attack my dwarves or anyone else, he seemed to think that any and all buildings in reach were unworthy of his presence. Before I had my military put him down he destroyed my Depot, two workshops and was working his way through the temporary farms I had in the area.

It was nice that he didn't try to eat my dwarves and all, but still destroying buildings kinda makes that "friendly" a little less friendly.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 08, 2013, 02:05:36 am »

Not 100% on this being a bug, but it was definitely a little odd.

I had a "friendly" Deity appear, as they can now do, and while he was friendly enough to not attack my dwarves or anyone else, he seemed to think that any and all buildings in reach were unworthy of his presence. Before I had my military put him down he destroyed my Depot, two workshops and was working his way through the temporary farms I had in the area.

It was nice that he didn't try to eat my dwarves and all, but still destroying buildings kinda makes that "friendly" a little less friendly.

Vanilla bug.  Not something modders could correct easily, if at all.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 08, 2013, 03:52:50 am »

Figured something like that. At least they were friendly enough to let my dwarves behead them without to much issue.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 08, 2013, 08:13:19 am »

I could remove the special tag from slag, but then traders will bring slag gear.  Thats about all I can do about it. I sadly cant mod the vanilla smelter reactions, at least not all of them, so slag needs to be a natural ore.

Or I change it to produce stone-bars.

Would there be any downside to slag being stone-bars?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 08, 2013, 08:51:46 am »

Another note on revivals.

For whatever reason, most of my recent dead spawn ghost immidietly, without a message. It even came to the point where i got a message about a ghost appearing like 1,5 months after it spawned.
Now, if a ghost apprears like that, you cannot revive the dude. At all. I tried removing ghosts using traditional means and dfhack's tweak, but there was no change.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:41 am »

Another note on revivals.

For whatever reason, most of my recent dead spawn ghost immidietly, without a message. It even came to the point where i got a message about a ghost appearing like 1,5 months after it spawned.
Now, if a ghost apprears like that, you cannot revive the dude. At all. I tried removing ghosts using traditional means and dfhack's tweak, but there was no change.

What?  I would expect a "his soul is gone" situation, but not an outright "can't be revived".  Have you made sure the lifemancer's cooldown is over?  The raws say 10000; I'm not sure exactly how much that is in game time, but it seems like it might be ten days.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:59 am »

I had that happen 3 times already, with normal non-ghosting guys along the way as well. The not-ghosters got revived as soon as lifemancer got in range. In every weird case i had a team of 2 standing right next to the corpse for a very,very long time.

As a side note, my half-torso with arms jeweler is still doing "fine", and doing hes best with occasional revive. Seems hilarious to know that a half zombie revives people.

EDIT: every single one of the guys that suffered from that were all transformed dwarves- guilders or soldiers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:09:12 pm by Z1000000m »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 08, 2013, 07:08:34 pm »

I could remove the special tag from slag, but then traders will bring slag gear.  Thats about all I can do about it. I sadly cant mod the vanilla smelter reactions, at least not all of them, so slag needs to be a natural ore.

Or you could just remove [ITEMS_WEAPON], [ITEMS_ARMOR] and the like?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 08, 2013, 09:12:29 pm »

I had a Duke demand a new armor stand made out of CHAOS.

So it looks like the CHAOS stone needs all of the tags that allow it to be used as an actual material should be removed as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 08, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »

Nothing much can be done about that, actually~

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 09, 2013, 03:47:51 am »

Nothing much can be done about that, actually~
Adding the special tag would make it unobtainable?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2013, 04:50:46 am »

Wait, is that the original being posted there or a modified version?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2013, 06:47:50 am »

Wait, is that the original being posted there or a modified version?
Just due to the special tag should make it unrequestable right? Or am I mistaken?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:42 am »

There is a cast of deep ones called nothing.

Some of them (deep ones) drop arena rewards, some just drop corpses.

Balrogs are close to 4 times as fast as an average extremely agile dwarf.

Mycoids can paralyze stun lock.

This may be unfixable, or even intentional, but I cannot help but to think that invaders should not come riding boozebelly goats.

Human rifleguards that come with cannons seem to forget about this whole "ammo" business. (I had 3 royal ones during a siege, was quite hilarious to see the reverse of what i expected from them vs my marksdwarves.)

This is unconfirmed but I have a feeling this is true: Spawning a tradefair (or maybe even other things) leads to your fort being considered hostile by traders' civ.

As a side note: are stockpiles more buggy than i remember them being? I have 600 cave wheat thats apparently unusable, glass furnace crying for rough crystal glass even though every other workshop uses it no problem. Its just so very inconsistent.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:59:12 am by Z1000000m »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »

@Putnam

What I posted is what is in the RAWs.  If you were referring to my post.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 142