Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190753 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #360 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:27 pm »

Good to know. They end up not being all that dangerous because of it, so I thought I would mention something.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:29 pm »

Small bug report:
Created adventurer magamancers don't seem to be immune to their own dragonfire. I get spammed iwth "You are melting" messages followed by bleeding out every time I use it.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2013, 05:59:27 pm »

Small bug report:
Created adventurer magamancers don't seem to be immune to their own dragonfire. I get spammed iwth "You are melting" messages followed by bleeding out every time I use it.

Right, magmamancers aren't immune to their own fire in this version.  Apparently Meph is working on making fire mages immune to fire in the next version.

Try dressing in a layer of netherbark - that should make you immune to just about all forms of heat damage.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:53 pm »

Small bug report:

Right, magmamancers aren't immune to their own fire in this version.  Apparently Meph is working on making fire mages immune to fire in the next version.

Try dressing in a layer of netherbark - that should make you immune to just about all forms of heat damage.

I recall someone saying that does nothing yo protect you from heat.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 26, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »

I just summoned a balrog in the collosseum, and it was tame (not crazed).  The DFHack window complains that \LOCATION is not a valid command.

I'm playing 3a with some fixes applied (in particular, replacing SYN_CLASS:/ with SYN_CLASS:\).  I have the 3b raws, though, and they don't appear to contain a fix for this.

EDIT: Actually, it might be crazed.  Its name has a red background, but it isn't doing anything, and it still has the "(Tame)" tag.

EDIT2: Never mind, it's doing stuff.  My FPS is just so low that I mistook the short delay before it did anything for it remaining tame.

EDIT3: Even though it actually did work right, it did complain about \LOCATION.  Probably worth noting.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:21:04 pm by Brilliand »
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »

Why dwarfs dosnt pickup food from start on c version of masterwork? they just starve to death

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2013, 06:59:47 pm »

Why dwarfs dosnt pickup food from start on c version of masterwork? they just starve to death

Turn off the new magic system.  It's very buggy in 3c, and can cause stuff like that.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2013, 06:06:06 am »

I sent a dwarf into the Guildhall to join the healers guild; she and her baby transformed into apprentices.
Then, while being a apprentice, the baby grew up and is now ~50 years older then she should be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The transformation message doesn't pause the game.

Also Demon Dogs show as 'Opposed to living' and when they die they play the same message as one of your dwarves dying.

The Demon Dog has been shot and killed.

Matrix tileset, 3.c, Win8
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:26:08 am by Puddingkuchen »

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2013, 07:40:25 am »

Minor Issue: The glassforge has a option to make a green glass crown, should be green glass battle axe.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 30, 2013, 09:44:08 am »

It seems that moody smiths will specifically demand Slag bars (verified by using df hack showmood), resulting in mostly relatively useless and worthless artifacts. I believe this is due to the fact that slag has the [SPECIAL] tag. Which causes smiths to choose it automatically if you have smelted any, a hard coded behavior that exists so that moody dwarfves will use blue metal in vanilla for their artifacts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2013, 09:51:12 am »

I could remove the special tag from slag, but then traders will bring slag gear.  Thats about all I can do about it. I sadly cant mod the vanilla smelter reactions, at least not all of them, so slag needs to be a natural ore.

Or I change it to produce stone-bars.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mercRaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2013, 11:25:16 am »

I'm unable to clad my raptors with steel or iron but it uses up my materials if i do so.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »

This has got to be the most bizzare s i've seen in this mod by far.
Lads and gents, I present to you - the dwarven half-life.

This is what happens when you try to remove the tomb when someone is being taken there. (I was trying to get him onto the corpse pile, to get an easy rez, as the asshole lifemancer decided to not go the spot and just hand around.

Im just baffled.

Apparently, doing so made my other lifemancer target him from like half across the map and not bring back the quite essencial torso as well.

Or am I just being fooled and this is a rare "revive fail" reaction? That'd be quite awesome.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:22:59 pm by Z1000000m »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »

Bug report; Metal blocks made at the magma forge are never created. Nobody accepts the job. See the test fort we're doing meph, I had to create a normal forge for the moody dorf.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »

Or I change it to produce stone-bars.

What are the downsides to making slag a stone instead of a metal?

This has got to be the most bizzare s i've seen in this mod by far.
Lads and gents, I present to you - the dwarven half-life.

[snip]

Mind pointing out what you're talking about?  I'm having some trouble identifying it in that large, static screenshot.  (I'm guessing it's only one tile?)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 142