Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190750 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »

Or I change it to produce stone-bars.

What are the downsides to making slag a stone instead of a metal?

This has got to be the most bizzare s i've seen in this mod by far.
Lads and gents, I present to you - the dwarven half-life.

[snip]

Mind pointing out what you're talking about?  I'm having some trouble identifying it in that large, static screenshot.  (I'm guessing it's only one tile?)

If you open the pic in a new window you can see that poor Gosmer is feeling faint. And missing half his body. :)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

Funny thing, after immediate severe blood loss, he no sold that. T'is but a flesh would style and went on to push wheelbarrows.
Happened again, but this time with a dwarf that had less leathal injuries.

What happens seems to be that when a corpse is being hauled, that transformation seems to forget it should also regen all the parts.

Seems to be a vanilla limitation after all.

cloaknsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2013, 10:57:09 am »

Are Pegasus supposed to have the FLIER tag? I've noticed before that Pegasus don't fly when I assumed they should be able to, so I looked it up and sure enough they don't have the flier tag. jw

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2013, 11:35:43 am »

Weird, I swear I've been beaten to death by Pegasus' that came down from the sky while messing around in Adventure mode. That might have been a few versions back  though.

cloaknsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2013, 12:54:52 pm »

I'm on version 3 something but not the most recent one. It could have been changed at some point.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:03 pm »

Just a minor complaint but it would be nice to be able to set the resolution in Masterwork DF v0.3c without having to edit the init.txt. I was surprised to find out that the game crashed when I ran it in fullscreen at the title screen when I ran it with the ASCII tileset and Truetype font disabled, and furthermore surprised when after setting it to windowed mode the window managed to exceed a width of 1280 pixels, which is as high as my 4:3 monitor can support. It's not really a bug as you can see but it's pretty inconvenient having to edit the init file when everything else seems to be available in your nifty little program.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2013, 01:53:24 pm »

There seems to be 2 reactions each for making armor sets, but only one actually does something.
Now that I think about it, why are there only 3 of them anyway?

Edit: milling nets you seeds. Not x seeds, just unusable "seeds".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:24:42 pm by Z1000000m »

vaderflag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:43 am »

I sent a dwarf into the Guildhall to join the healers guild; she and her baby transformed into apprentices.
Then, while being a apprentice, the baby grew up and is now ~50 years older then she should be.

I too have encountered this. In my case, there was also a children born in the fort who was sent to join the legionnaire's guild. He went in at 14 years old, came out at 54.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

Thought I'd pitch in my own list of 'bugs and fun' I've encountered in 3.C version.

~ Archeologist building. Using the excavate stone function is supposed to create fossils, chests, and other oddities at a low chance. These created chests, relics, fossils, etc, are NOT openable/usable. I have around 80 of these in my stockpile, and all reactions are unusable in the arch-building, and are sitting in my gem stockpile. Naturally dug up ones, work perfectly fine and get auto-queued to be 'opened' - only ones created by the 'excavate stone' reaction seem to be broken.

~ Giant Elephants. These are a randomly generated variation of animals I found roaming my embark recently... do you think elephants are scary? if My calculations are right, giant elephants are upwards of 41,000,000 size. ._.; but yes. After capturing, taming, etc one - I tried to run the 'armoring' process on one, to my despair, it didn't work. Promptly, I died due to a hilarious incident with a pillar, and a roof that spanned the map... so I didn't get to retest it a couple dozen times.

Last I recall, it was mentioned giant versions of animals should be armorable, but they appear to not be so. (though giant elephants in steel armor sounds a smidge overpowered...).

~ I noticed another very odd glitch, with the religious tier 3 building, and sacrificing a life. I had a necromancer I couldn't cure for some reason (probably as it's not an 'affliction' and won't cure it), so I decided to make him useful and sacrifice him to armok!... except... he didn't die. And continued to spawn 'bloody battle axes' or similar, constantly to the point I had to just stop him before I had 100 of these darn things! I've been trying to rebuild my fort (similar time with the elephant incident -.-;) to retest it, but it may be because he's one of the 'cursed' castes, or perhaps a genuine bug? Can others chime in on their experience? (probably posted, but trying to detailed ALL bugs I see).

~Gnome Sieges. I can confirm pretty much after they lost 2 outpost liason's, the next 'visit' of gnomes was them riding war animals called 'blow gunners' - yet using freakin' steel rifles. quite hilarious picturing a midget on a war tiger, at least. But last I read - they aren't supposed to siege you, and especially not so easily after only 1-2 loses of a outpost liason (they just LOVE spawning on goblin ambushes >.>).

~ More of a vanilla bug, but one I thought I'd bring up here in case it's fixable from dfhack now. But yes. I've noted over many maps, if traders lose their wares via them being eaten, the building being forbidden or destroyed by accident events but generally, the merchants are unharmed/touched, there's pretty much NO 'anger' for the lose, vs you 'trying to rob them' in the trade menu or similarly just murdering them. This means generally trying to lead their animals into 'accidents' or if you're a dirty cheat, forbid/break down the trade depot, they'll leave everything they brought on the floor and walk off happy as could be with no malicious 'demerit' that could spark a war with them. I tested this with elves for at least 15 years solid, and never had an issue, the trader was always neutral to happy each time, and all I did was deconstruct the trade depot - and they left without me paying a dime. Feels kind of... flimsy. You can argue 'don't do that then!' - but speaking from natural deaths or accidents too. Perhaps some way to count the value they enter the map with, and exit with, and if it doesn't add up (as you have to trade an equal or greater value to get them to trade anything, meaning they should leave at exactly their entry total, or more) - you could cause such dirty tricks to be avoided and cause wars/them to not return if you do. Not 'game breaking' unless you exploit it, of course. But I thought noting it as it could be a simple fix (if Meph can do such a process to check value on entry/exit) it was worth a note.

~ More to come as I find them! I'll edit and update this post to keep it tidy and simple.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:22 pm »

The merchants might not get "angry" if you cheat them out of their goods like that, but the amount they take back with them effects what they bring the next year. So it does do something.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2013, 02:14:41 pm »

The merchants might not get "angry" if you cheat them out of their goods like that, but the amount they take back with them effects what they bring the next year. So it does do something.

And yet, they brought more and more and more.... I had them go from 2 'merchants' (for elves) to 9 where it stayed steady at 9 merchants after about year 4.

Dwarves are the same, they came with more and more wagons, about 8 wagons, and at least 9-12 merchants despite robbing them blind for a good 12-13 years... same thing for drows, didn't test gnomes or humans.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:37:06 pm by SabbyKat »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2013, 04:40:10 pm »

re: Tier 3 Armok building - I tried to sacrifice a spy, even placed a meeting zone over it so the civilians had to watch and learn the high price of loose lips (and build up some indifference to death).  The clever spy somehow got one of my best masons sacrificed instead.  I had to run the reaction a second time, and change the meeting zone to be 'around' the temple instead of on top, to kill the spy.  It seems to have the same touchy 'targeting' issues as the guild hall and barracks.

I think the trader ramp-up happens because if any trader makes it off the map, that wealth is reported everywhere, so even if the elves are losing all their caravans they're still hearing about the wealth from the other successful caravans.

re: Gnome sieges - I've seen this quite often actually (not gnomes; just touchy trade partners that invade after a few bad caravans).  I play with a lot of extra races so simultaneous trader+siege events/catastrophes are common and hard to prevent without exploiting.  I've seen humans and elves get fed up and invade at the drop of a hat (and also seen them be patient as saints)... I'm not sure why the gnomes should be any different in this respect; why should gnomes not invade?

ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2013, 04:42:31 pm »

There seems to be 2 reactions each for making armor sets, but only one actually does something.

There are 2 set of reactions for making the armors because one set is for the Armory and one set is for the Magma Armory.  The Magma Armory requires no extra fuel, but the Armory does. Simply using the [FUEL] tag would be too cheap in the std Armory so the Reagent list includes extra coal for those reactions.

There are actually 5 different metal armor sets; copper, bronze, iron, steel, and mithril.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2013, 05:44:10 pm »

There are 2 set of reactions for making the armors because one set is for the Armory and one set is for the Magma Armory.  The Magma Armory requires no extra fuel, but the Armory does. Simply using the [FUEL] tag would be too cheap in the std Armory so the Reagent list includes extra coal for those reactions.

There are actually 5 different metal armor sets; copper, bronze, iron, steel, and mithril.
the 3 was a stupid typo on my end.
What i meant is that i'd like to see other armor worthy metals included there, welded mithril, orichalcum, bifrost, etc.

Well, thats what i figured, problem is that there is no indication of which is which, so you'll end up ordering stuff from a building you possibly dont even have. Brewery and disitillery both have Brew drinks reaction, but brewery has an additional (2) in the reaction name, so you can tell them apart in the manager. With sets, its missing.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2013, 08:46:04 pm »

The Brewery has the (2) after it because it uses 2 barrels, with 15 drinks in each, as opposed to 1 barrel with 25 in it. From what I remember at least.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 142