Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190754 times)

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »

Uh. can people confirm this for me?

#1 the 'clad in steel' reaction at war kennels, DOES NOT work despite taking materials... unless you do it this way.

A) Bring an animal and pasture it on the kennel.

B) Run the 'clad animal' reaction, I did this on elephants I got from elves.

C) you'll see a dwarf try to run the reaction, use materials, but do nothing and no transformation happens ever...

D) cancel the reaction, and instantly one of the animals will change into a cladded version.

E) Start the same reaction again, unpause/wait a second or two, then cancel it before a dwarf comes to do it - another animal will be cladded. It works infinitely with no cost/dwarf needed. Just activate, unpause, wait a second, cancel it, boom! Free steel animal.

#2 Secondly, my steel cladded elephants ARE breeding, and are giving birth to fully grown, steel-cladded elephants! I just had triplet-steel cladded elephants be born by one...

Can anyone else confirm these two bugs?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 03, 2013, 09:15:17 am »

Yes, it works the same way with lifemancers.

I wouldnt be suprised to learn that embassy and guildhall reaction share this as well.
The Brewery has the (2) after it because it uses 2 barrels, with 15 drinks in each, as opposed to 1 barrel with 25 in it. From what I remember at least.

Yes, I do believe this is accidental, but i couldnt care less, as it beneficial both ways.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:20 pm »

The Brewery has the (2) after it because it uses 2 barrels, with 15 drinks in each, as opposed to 1 barrel with 25 in it. From what I remember at least.

Yes, I do believe this is accidental, but i couldnt care less, as it beneficial both ways.
Not an accident. Apparently only Toady can get 25 drinks in a barrel.  :)

Personally, I just use the still and the standard Brew Drink reaction.  Using Workflow Manager GUI I set the input material to the correct plant and set the range. Then add another Brew Drink reaction and set it to do a different plant, and so on, and so on. 
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

Personally, I just use the still and the standard Brew Drink reaction.  Using Workflow Manager GUI I set the input material to the correct plant and set the range. Then add another Brew Drink reaction and set it to do a different plant, and so on, and so on.
I would have done like you and just used the still (I haven't found a reason to care what the dwarves brew so I wouldn't have used the input material bit; even if I did, I think the still/distillery respects the flags in the kitchen menu), but the brewery is more efficient. It produces one extra drink per plant.

On the original topic, a simple (magma) or (fuel) tag appended to the appropriate reaction name should be enough to clear the confusion. I think you could even make the change in your save raws and get the benefits without world generation since it's just a name.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 03, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

I was talking about there being (2) in the name of the reaction from the mdf brewery and that its effect of being distinct from the dis. one in manager menu was probably not intended to do that.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »

The point is that they are two different reactions from the brewery and the still.  Different amount of reagents and different outcomes. The brewery produces two barrels that are not quite as full as one from the still.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #396 on: July 03, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »

Yeah, I can change the names of the armory reactions to show the difference in magma and non-magma.

Armored Elephants shouldnt give birth, I'll fix that. Giant Elephants however are a different creature and not armore-able atm.

Cancelling ANY reaction that uses boiling rocks (eg the autosyndrome script) instantly runs the script. I spoke to expwnent about it, he said its how its designed. So... ehm... yeah... please dont do it? Because I certainly cant change that behaviour.

I will also look into this dfhack errorlog of \LOCATION, because it might cause some of these problems with for example the temple sacrificing not killing always... they should.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2013, 04:35:19 am »

I dont get it in my fort everywhere is cold and i think that because of that none of my dwarwes eat. My whole fortress is hungry and in adv mode i rarely get to eat because my food is too cold. With drinking its fine in adv mode and in fort mode. Whats the deal?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:36:54 am by firons2 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2013, 05:06:25 am »

I dont get it in my fort everywhere is cold and i think that because of that none of my dwarwes eat. My whole fortress is hungry and in adv mode i rarely get to eat because my food is too cold. With drinking its fine in adv mode and in fort mode. Whats the deal?

turn off magic

Meph didn't know that materials are creature-level, so he messed up the fire mages

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2013, 05:09:20 am »

Thanks Putnam!

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

The point is that they are two different reactions from the brewery and the still.  Different amount of reagents and different outcomes. The brewery produces two barrels that are not quite as full as one from the still.

And this brings us back to when I said that the diffrence i amanger, while highly usefull, was accidental in that way.

Thank you Meph.

Also, can you say how exactly is the regen supposed to work in the fountain? I know you've said you will be cutting this part of the mod, but it seems its not really working for me at all. I've tried it many times over 3 versions and nothing ever happened. Or am I mislead and it only boosts healing, rather than make all those useless cripples regrow their limbs as I had hoped?

Also, Ive finally figured out what was happening with all those wonky revivals in my fort. What happened was that the guys that didint regenerate were all lifemancers themselves. Reviving them gave no message and didnt regenerate them like a proper transformation should.  It also led to some nasty effects such as stacking huge negatives on thoughs (which confirmed that it can indeed go below zero, or at least force it stay there longer) from dying relatives. I know the part about removal still applies, but if you ever decide to bring it in some form or another, please take note of that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:31:33 pm by Z1000000m »

HelloKinky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 04, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »

I keep getting an error where it says it's missing core 3.5.0.0 and nothing reacts, like when opening the settings or pressing ANY button within, without prompting yet another error. http://i.imgur.com/NxrelWd.pnghttp:// Link to the error window.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2013, 08:10:35 pm »

HelloKinky: Thats a problem with your NET. framework, updating it will probably fix it. Nothing I can influence...

Z1000000: Is noted. Its because of the double transformation, lifemancers dont use true-transform, but they need a second transformation to heal bodyparts, thats why its broken. Cleric Healers will be carbon copies of lifemancers (because seemingly people like them a lot) so it will be fixed automatically, since the new system uses truetransform.

And I dont for the life of me understand why people install the labled "buggy, untested FOR BETA TESTERS" magic system, which in three places says: "DONT GIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT IT IN THE MAIN THREAD, KEEP IT IN THE MAGIC SYSTEM THREAD" and then just install it, with no idea of modding, and then report here. Beta-testing stuff, if ever done again, will be in a seperate download, with a harder installation ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HelloKinky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 05, 2013, 12:11:36 am »

Thank you Meph for your help.  I have tried updating and rolling back but i've yet to find any mix that works for me.  I'll continue trying...  but if you can find something that might help me please keep me updated.

After many hours, and a few ales, i have fixed my problem.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:49:27 pm by HelloKinky »

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 06, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »

I could remove the special tag from slag, but then traders will bring slag gear.  Thats about all I can do about it. I sadly cant mod the vanilla smelter reactions, at least not all of them, so slag needs to be a natural ore.

Or I change it to produce stone-bars.

But as slag lacks usage tokens ([ITEMS_HARD],[ITEMS_WEAPON],etc.) it is still  ignored by traders after removing special. At least, that seemed to be the case when i tested it with the first 3 dwarven caravans, but maybe i should have tested it more times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 142