Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190776 times)

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2013, 07:54:30 am »

I think I figured out the issue, I don't know if its the current version of masterwork causing this bug. (doubtful) or df itself. For the large world generating, how it'll screw up and close. If you use a medium world, (which worked for me.) It'll generate the world.

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2013, 10:55:25 am »

@godlysockpuppet, nug and mercRaven: Ok, here we go. Tested with V.3c. Phoebus Tileset. Matrix/Masterwork Tileset. Dwarf Mode.

Plump Helmets at embark. Anvils at embark. Seeds have normal prices. Dwarves eat and drink. No worldgen crashes.

I also know that Kobold Mode works the same, since I played a year yesterday. Orc Mode has a problem with missing buildings, IF the tilesets have been changed. Could you three guys please give me more info about what you did, which tileset was used, which version? Because I have none of the things that you metioned, I dont know where a "horribly buggy" could come from, besides the clearly labeled beta-magic system.

@CheeseHolePete: It uses dfhacks autosyndrome, so it should work 100% of the time. Only explanation is that the dwarves doing the job already have the training/guild, for example a legionnaire that tries to do the legionnaire training. Otherwise no idea what could be wrong.

I am not using magic, yet I have those problems. What settings and world gen are you using and would that matter? I will try reinstalling
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:59:45 am by nug »

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 23, 2013, 11:58:28 am »

A reinstall seems to have worked....heh.....sorry for the drama

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 23, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »

created a few worlds, normal worlds, 2 large region 1 mid region. All fine. Startet a game with 7 dwarf's played not long because i have the funny "f-key" o.o anytime i hit the f key no matter where the game zoom in, that's not so good. xD exist a "do it yourselfe" solution? i take a look in several .txt but i dont know much about the configuration's. ^.^ please help me.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 23, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »

created a few worlds, normal worlds, 2 large region 1 mid region. All fine. Startet a game with 7 dwarf's played not long because i have the funny "f-key" o.o anytime i hit the f key no matter where the game zoom in, that's not so good. xD exist a "do it yourselfe" solution? i take a look in several .txt but i dont know much about the configuration's. ^.^ please help me.

No text editing required, it's a keybinding.  Escape menu, keybinding, navigate to "zoom", navigate to the "f", backspace to delete the binding

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:10 pm »

Oh ok yes, that worked. Thank you, i never needed that keybinding-menu, now the first time. xD

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 23, 2013, 01:26:32 pm »

cool, glad it helps.  Yeah, every new version I go in there to change the change-Z-level from "<>" to ",." so I don't have to shift.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 23, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

My Lvl 10 Carpenter and my Lvl 8 Weaponsmith only seem to produce items with lowest quality.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 23, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »

My Lvl 10 Carpenter and my Lvl 8 Weaponsmith only seem to produce items with lowest quality.
I doubt that's the mods fault. I'd say you're very unlucky. I'd a talented weaponsmith producing loads of masterwork battle axes so it's really all luck :)

mercRaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 23, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

using a medium region gen actually fixes all the problems for me now.

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 23, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »

Is there way to change only new grass? I like new tileset but grass is annoying and too bright for my taste. :)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2013, 03:47:15 pm »

cool, glad it helps.  Yeah, every new version I go in there to change the change-Z-level from "<>" to ",." so I don't have to shift.

I can't believe I have never even thought about doing that before.

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »

you can also change it to mouse wheel, much better imo

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 23, 2013, 06:15:09 pm »

I dont know is this bug or intendet to be! There arewild animals - steelclad horses  roaming outside my fortress.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2013, 09:38:24 pm »

The interface.txt file in the data\init folder has all of your custom keybindings. Copy it to each new release.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 142