Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61748 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #495 on: May 07, 2013, 06:45:35 am »

Nadaka, what engines are in the Battle Bus?

4x170kw engines or 4x400kw engines?

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 07, 2013, 06:47:57 am »

I'll wait with my proposals until we know how the war's going. Other than that:
Diesel Engine: Reliable We will use it everywhere with one of the proposals. Our tanks, armored cars, ships and lorries not breaking down would be a huge plus.
Sonar: Depth Finding! plus scanning. Holy hell, depth finding! While the sonar won't be as good at finding them, it will be much, much better at killing subs. One of the main problems when using depth charges was to find the depth of the sub, as without that, you wouldn't know what to set them to. With that sonar, we gain probably something like 500% more efficiency (as we do not have to guess the z coordinate of the sub). Scanning makes it much easier to find, too.
14 mm MG: Extremely accurate That thing's going to be operated in planes and vehicles and fixed positions. Recoil's going to be pretty useless, and at least for planes ammo efficiency counts more than firing speed in my opinion.
Plan of Attack: My vote's for 5 Even if we eliminate Morovia's Navy, we'd still have to land. This way, our Navy can fight against their sub incursions, while our land and air forces react to the border incidents by the capitalist dogs.

Vote for 3
@RAM: Did you think about making proposal 6's rifle half-automatic? I think that should be much easier than the automatic, and with the 8mm rounds should pack quite a bit punch. Range and accuracy vs. fire rate, I guess.
My two proposals are probably going to be to develop variants of the rocket (one 10kg for multi launch, p.ex. the aircrafts, the other a 100-150kg artillery rocket with about half of that warhead), and the other being the development of RADAR.
For Aircraft:
a) A nimble mono-wing fighter that is decently armoured, well armed, fast and maneuverable that can also double as a close air support craft with wing hardpoints for rockets and/or bombs.
I think the unnamed monowing fighter from last turn is already that, more or less.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 07, 2013, 06:53:44 am »

Meh, just something to do while we wait. :P We can un-bold our suggestions and debate ideas until then if we need to before making serious posts

Speaking of which, I have a bold/crazy idea; I'm actually in favor of that airship now. You know why? Because instead of sea-based aircraft carriers, I want to get airship tech up enough for an airborne aicraft carrier!

No, I'm serious. Did you know that the USS Akron had the capability to launch and recover 5 f9c sparrowhawk fighters? even if we never get more than ten fighter launch capabilities, think of the possibilities with this!

Also, a slight note about my strategy vote: I'm only voting 1 for as long as it takes to refit enough popular devotions to the ASW role for a screening unit, then we go full-on 5
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 07, 2013, 06:56:09 am »

No, I did not consider making it half automatic, I assume that means that you just have to pull the trigger and reload, but only get one bullet per trigger pull, that sounds like an excellent idea, I shall edit it now before anyone votes.

I am not waiting for the combat results because I already wanted to use that battle strategy, and mad as it is, and my designs are based upon finishing something that we got a good start on, and addressing the fact that the majority of our army is still using basic weapons.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 07, 2013, 07:00:24 am »

The main reason we're still using mosin nagants is that we didn't PRODUCE any more of the new weapons we already designed(beside MGs). Now that we have a small-arms factory up and running, we are producing 500 SVA-10s+various other small arms a year. Migh instead wanna suggest vastly expanding that factory instead of making a SVA-10 clone
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 07, 2013, 07:01:38 am »

May also wanna suggest redirecting weapon production to the infantry and expanding the special forces.
Our special forces have far more guns then soldiers.....

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 07, 2013, 07:02:37 am »

For Aircraft:
a) A nimble mono-wing fighter that is decently armoured, well armed, fast and maneuverable that can also double as a close air support craft with wing hardpoints for rockets and/or bombs.
I think the unnamed monowing fighter from last turn is already that, more or less.

I said this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a basic guideline, i guess, as in my opinion this is what we need to have a powerful all round navy and airforce. Think of it as a ticklist.

May also wanna suggest redirecting weapon production to the infantry and expanding the special forces.
Our special forces have far more guns then soldiers.....

Well, it makes a change from real life (most countries had less guns than soldiers).

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 07, 2013, 07:04:41 am »

My strategy suggestion for our glorious generals

7) (would number it 1, because it is the only one related to the situation)
Do "Pearl Harbour" to the unnamed country (I propose Capia for it's name)
Use a combination of surprise attack from the air using our respectable fleet of biplanes, and from sea by Righteous

boats to strike ships of the unnamed country in the port. Also use some  Righteous boats to land special forces at the

naval base to further the damage. and destroy coastal batteries if some exist, then send third wave consisting of our

large ships to completely devastate enemy naval base

Than use our tanks, atrmored cars and 40mm trailers (and air support)  to rapidy advanche to the capital of the capitalist pigs to arrest government evil opressors

Navy of the unnamed country is the most dangerous threat for us, their land forces aren't that dangerous.

strike capitalist pigs first before our potential enemies united their navies. Also, we should have an advanche in mobility

Also I suggest GM to run it into two phases, design\production and war. Or even three - design, production, war That would be funnier, even if we'll do only

generic strategy suggestions and updates would be easier for you

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:06:22 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:01 am »

The main reason we're still using mosin nagants is that we didn't PRODUCE any more of the new weapons we already designed(beside MGs). Now that we have a small-arms factory up and running, we are producing 500 SVA-10s+various other small arms a year. Migh instead wanna suggest vastly expanding that factory instead of making a SVA-10 clone

You're right, I at least didn't remember the SVA-10, which'd have the exact same niche as the gun from proposal 6. Retooling should be better.

As a basic guideline, i guess, as in my opinion this is what we need to have a powerful all round navy and airforce. Think of it as a ticklist.
Then I misunderstood you. I thought it'd be a needs to be done list, not a ticklist. I agree with it.

Addition: War Plan 7: Good idea. I support it, with the small addition that we would of course not actually attack them, but only react to their aggression.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:44 am »

Getting way ahead of yourself Ukranian, we don't have the transport for a full scale landing yet and we'd need aircraft carriers so that our air units have a shorter travel time and a longer operation period over enemy territory.
They could also then rearm bombs and other munitions faster.

We need 2-4 turns to design and begin production of everything we need which as far as I can see it.

Aircraft carriers, dedicated transport, ground attack aircraft ( I've got something in mind for that ) and we should expand the special forces with more veterans.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 07, 2013, 07:15:07 am »

Getting way ahead of yourself Ukranian, we don't have the transport for a full scale landing yet
I never said about full scale landing, only special forces

and we'd need aircraft carriers so that our air units have a shorter travel time and a longer operation period over enemy territory.
We have land bases

We need 2-4 turns to design and begin production of everything we need which as far as I can see it.
Enemy will not do nothing during that period. We have advantages in both armed forces and armor over our neighbour, should use that. Besides don't you want a land war? Subhunting is boring as hell

Aircraft carriers
Unrealistic for our small nation. Just not gonna have right docks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 07, 2013, 07:19:43 am »

If we go with UR's plan, I want to make a priority list for the Badgers we send in:

Highest priority: the Badger II's(I.E. the ones that have been refitted with the new 40mm gun and the new diesel engine)

Failing that, the badgers that have been refitted with the new 40mm guns.

Third priority would just be the mk-2s

reserve force would be original badgers

Also, I'd like to get some naming done: I'd like for the new monoplane to be called the YR-1 Zephyr, the shotgun to be the SVA-RX riot gun, and the armored car the Cricket

Other than that, I might support you UR, but I'm still leaning towards 5. it's a tough call....

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 07, 2013, 07:27:18 am »

We can build a small one at least to give us some close support and land bases to attack the center of an enemy nation? Your looking at hours of travel time completely removing the ability to react quickly to threats and the enemy can just pick off each wave as it comes using superior numbers and AA fire, it needs to arrive in force at once and keep up a constant assault to keep them down, that requires proximity.

Our special forces is 300 men, they'd get bogged down and slaughtered within a day with such low numbers, if you want to land them then first expand them to at least 1000 men so they have the numbers to at least stand a fighting chance.

A land war is fine once we have the materials for it, but first we need a production run of our new heavy tank as the point of the armored spear incase they have Tank Destroyers functional now. They have had 2 years to work on it which is plenty of time, BattleBus to deploy infantry right on the frontline since it's the only land transport with enough armor to go into the frontline itself.
Armored cars deploy reinforcements behind the frontlines since it's armor is to thin to go directly to the line without massive casulties.

When we do go for the land war I'd suggest using this basic tactic/formation.

Heavy tanks in front, they have the armor and power to shunt aside anything the enemy has to breach the defenses, behind them comes the battle-bus carrying special forces to deploy them straight into the fighting the moment the breach is open. MK II badgers with refitted guns on both flanks along the front to force the breach further open and repell flank assaults, armored cars behind the BattleBus to use the armored units for cover and deploy veterans to support the special forces then older model badgers or those not upgraded on flank guard for the armored cars and on rear protection.
Or thats how I'd make the push to give us the greatest chance of success with the fewest losses.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:34:48 am by Brood »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 07, 2013, 07:34:55 am »

Name for the heavy tank: the K-1 Thunder heavy tank.

I already have the designs for the K-2 in the works, as well as a 110mm, 105mm and 120mm high velocity/low velocity cannons.

And i just thought: how about a recoil-less rifle? Light, easy to use, simple to make infantry AT and anti-building weapon?.

the real life one was the 57mm. lets make out 60mm, to be used alongside the 60mm mortar and 80mm mortars if we ever get them.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:39:11 am by kahn1234 »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:22 am »

Uhm why do we need 3 cannons all in the same size class? Pick one.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 66