Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66

Author Topic: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management  (Read 61631 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The revolutionary design bureau, under new management
« Reply #765 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:27 am »

OOC thread, guys, please, use it more often

In the world were no KV-1 exist yet I prefer cost\stealth\weight over shoot power for AT guns so
7.1 counterproposal 
Design unusual 40mm dedicated AT gun called ATG-40.  This should have very long barrel. Should be light, cheap and capable to fire high velocity 40mm shells. It should never aim for longevity,  becoming too damaged to fire more after first 10-15 shots, thus unsuited for long term use. In practice crew should be trained to abandon the inexpensive gun after first few shots, as barrel degrades so fast that accuracy sharply falls even after first 3-5 shots and gun crew is more important than cheap gun itself
Additionally gun crew may carry Stingers, Arguments, grenades and other anti-tank weapons becoming specially trained anti-tank teams capable to continue the fight vs tanks when the gun becomes inoperable

Mostly it's HVG-40 with longer barrel, no ability to elevate it more than 20 degrees and much-much less durable due to using cheap stuff. Gun trailers for it may by dumbed down, too

Note that unfortified AT guns rarely survive long enough to fire more than few times when they face tanks.
Role of that = AT expandable weapon for ambushes or quickly made field fortifications. Never to be installed on vehicles,ships,fixed forts. Never supplied with HE shells.

Nadaka,
Hm, what numbers mean, then?
4 Cricket Chassis (10)
MAIW Battle Bus chassis (50)
Got it, numbers are for a piece not for all, right?

Edit: some minor stuff
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:20:05 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #766 on: May 12, 2013, 10:55:17 am »

In the world were no KV-1 exist yet I prefer cost\stealth\weight over shoot power for AT guns so
7.1 counterproposal 
Design unusual 40mm dedicated AT gun called ATG-40. This should have very long barrel. Should be light, cheap and capable to fire high velocity 40mm shells. It should never aim for longevity,  becoming too damaged to fire more after first 10-15 shots, thus unsuited for long term use. In practice crew should be trained to abandon the inexpensive gun after first few shots, as barrel degrades so fast that accuracy sharply falls even after first 3-5 shots and gun crew is more important than cheap gun itself
Additionally gun crew may carry Stingers, Arguments, grenades and other anti-tank weapons becoming specially trained anti-tank teams capable to continue the fight vs tanks when the gun becomes inoperable

Note that unfortified AT guns rarely survive long enough to fire more than few times when they face tanks.
Role of that = AT expandable weapon for ambushes or quickly made field fortifications. Never to be installed on vehicles,ships,fixed forts. Never supplied with HE shells.

Nadaka,
Hm, what numbers mean, then?
4 Cricket Chassis (10)
MAIW Battle Bus chassis (50)
Got it, numbers are for a piece not for all, right?
yes, those are the cost per part. The cricket has a chassis and a machine guns, the bus has 2 drive trains, a chassis and 4 machine guns. I did it that way so that common parts would have common factories, but without going into details like engines and such.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »

16, Design a 7.62mm AP round for assault rifles.

17, Design an assault rifle, it should have semi and full auto settings and have the improved ring sights.
Priority is on high ammo capacity and accuracy/control with secondary for rate of fire.

R, Begin mass production of the semi auto pistol for all troops, begin production of the RPG to deliver 1 to each group of 16 men.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:38:46 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 12, 2013, 03:34:37 pm »

As 7.1 will not get voted and 78mm caliber  is a stupid thing to do...

Subproposal 7.2
Design new 55mm dedicated AT gun to be used both as towed gun and fitted into vehicles (future light tanks\tank destroyers\Righteous like ships) . Try to make the gun compact (but long barreled) so it can fit into future vehicles Also try to design it in a way that it could get installed into Cricket armor car, creating light Tank destroyer

I'd really prefer to not design AT gun at all as we have many more important problems and 40mm will be enough for the next few years, but between designing a barn door and useful weapon I choose useful weapon.
Please do not count that as vote for the 78mm gun

Finally I urge everyone to not vote for weapons with  sabotaging calibers like 78mm, 161mm or 319.75mm. If you like proposal at the very least counterpropose with same weapon but sane caliber.

For the guys who like to make weapons 20 years in future and  thinks that 40mm and 55mm are almost the same, please note that  55mm gun has 2.6 heavier shells by default, plus add the fact that new gun is a dedicated AT gun... If done right That 55mm gun will cover our AP needs for years to come
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:39:38 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 12, 2013, 04:31:31 pm »

Updating votes.

Industrial: B, C, D, H, I, J, K, Q
-Voting for Proposal R, under the condition that the AT weapons are manufactured to reach a 1:8 ratio instead.

Development: 1.1, 2, 4.2.1, 5.1, 6, 7, 14 and 16.

And one new Proposal:
Proposal S: Increase the amount of crickets being manufactured, to be able to comfortably transport every infantryman.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:45:01 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »

I strongly suspect that voting for own proposals like above can lead to GM counting the vote twice. GM note that, quite a few players do that stuff
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:45:51 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »

Due to post size constraints, this post will now contain the tech for all the decade of the 1930's. The first post will contain all tech from the 1920's and a relatively current status update.

Link to the first post:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4208222#msg4208222

Our special forces strike back at the Morovians, and they strike at our facility.
Tech and battle post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4235332#msg4235332

Spoiler: designs of 1930 (click to show/hide)

Morovia has not been deterred by our increasing ability to outfight their submarine threat and begins threaten from the air as well.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4241870#msg4241870

Spoiler: designs of 1931 (click to show/hide)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4246292#msg4246292

Spoiler: designs of 1932 (click to show/hide)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4253299#msg4253299

Spoiler: designs of 1933 (click to show/hide)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4258541#msg4258541

Spoiler: designs of 1934 (click to show/hide)

Capia is defeated!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125538.msg4272237#msg4272237

Spoiler: designs of 1935 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:23:00 am by Nadaka »

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »

Propasal First Time so bear with me

I propose upon the construction of a large air ship with the ability to carry a large storage gondola capable of carrying at least 2tons of cargo.
I do not propose this for military purpose but if we could use it as a flagship for a great white fleet of sorts. As well as a transport vessel for suplies and as I stated in the OOC go across the world seeking allies because 2 against 1 which looks like whats coming i dont like those odds.

Fixed Number
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:26:45 pm by cheesemcmuffin88 »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 12, 2013, 06:41:44 pm »

I propose a cheap, light, durable air dropable field piece.

We should have a group of workers fix up the bombed out wharf, and fortify it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 12, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »

You 2 try again. Mesor already used 14-15 almost 12 hours ago, Alexandria was project 16-17 the two of you are 18-19. If your going to join at least get the numbers right.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 12, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

I vote for 1.1, 2, 4.2.1, 5.1, 6, 7, 14 and 16

Proposal 20 Project Phalanx
The Phalanx takes its inspiration from the Battle Bus, while taking the frame, and core parts of the vehicle it moves away from being a transport. Its overall armor is thicker, and its old patriotism turrets are gone instead replaced with an armored hydra turret on top of the cargo bay and two armored and enclosed turrets mounting patriotism machine guns. The cargo bay is instead refit to carry a small team of generally five to seven men with the rest of the space containing all the necessary items to erect a defensive position. Sandbags, Patriotisms, crates of ammo, etc.

It is meant as a support vehicle, providing cover AA fire, resupply for ground troops, quick establishment of strongholds, and more.

7.1 counterproposal 
Design unusual 40mm dedicated AT gun called ATG-40.  This should have very long barrel. Should be light, cheap and capable to fire high velocity 40mm shells. It should never aim for longevity,  becoming too damaged to fire more after first 10-15 shots, thus unsuited for long term use. In practice crew should be trained to abandon the inexpensive gun after first few shots, as barrel degrades so fast that accuracy sharply falls even after first 3-5 shots and gun crew is more important than cheap gun itself

I just need to point out this a terrible idea, if you're going to make an AT gun you make them to last not to degrade over time. Doing that costs more manpower, more resources, and more lives in the long run and thats exactly why they aren't made to be disposable like you're trying to do here. What happens if those 3 to 5 shots don't finish off the enemy tanks, what happens if that last shot could have wiped out an infantry battalion, etc. By making it a disposable shitty weapon you're removing the whole point of making a primarily AT gun for one, wasting resources, and possibly costing lives or machines of war.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »

I'm with the dwarf man on that, I'll do my votes in the afternoon tomorrow since I have work in 5 hours I'm going to sleep.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2013, 07:16:55 pm »

You 2 try again. Mesor already used 14-15 almost 12 hours ago, Alexandria was project 16-17 the two of you are 18-19. If your going to join at least get the numbers right.

Its important to use unique numbers, but be nice.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:43 pm »

Can we get an updated proposal list?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vote
included unbolded votes
again
this too
Taricus voted for Q after the split.
tryrar basically voted for 14 with 3.whatever...

not vote
not including this. I believe it was left unbolded intentionally...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 66