Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201231 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13]
« Reply #960 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:42 pm »

Shakerag, tell us all about the two people you share a room with. Don't lie.
Okay, got to leave for a while (or until tomorrow maybe), but briefly, my two sons (pm'd to me from lncp). 

I guess I was wrong when I thought that apprenticing them off meant they lived with the carpenter (my role pm wasn't clear if they were living with me or not, hence me asking lncp).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 18, 2013, 06:56:51 pm »

IronyOwl, besides being my obvious choice carrying over from yesterday, Leafsnail gets murdered by a plant thing and flips town (I think that's town?) so my doubts I had with agreeing with him are pretty much cleared.

That said, I think the mark on his head is possibly highly significant. From what I have researched just a tiny bit large horizontal scar could possibly be a sign of the Anti-Christ of all things… It may be important to note here that my family had been carpenter. Even my younger brother meant to be one.
That's very odd.  Did you notice any oddities with your brother?  I feel like this came out of nowhere (then again, Okami originally refrained from talking about his role).

ToonyMan, why did you shelter the widow Marie Bouvet? Are you having an affair with her?
I can't say I have any knowledge of knowing Vector/Shakerag beforehand.  There's no mention in any PMs I have either.  I'll ask LNCP for clarification.  In the mean time is this a real investigative note you got or are you just screwing with me?

Also we still don't have Zombie Urist's role or anything which sucks.  His death still needs to be watched closely.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 18, 2013, 07:56:45 pm »

Short on time, post later tonight.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 19, 2013, 12:24:47 am »

Apologies for the late post!

Leng
Irony: it appeared to me that yesterday you were co-operating with the witch before the witch proposed their plan. this indicates that you had a private communication channel with them, most likely from being one of them.
Could you link an example or two, or just around what post number this happened? I mostly just see IO being in about the same boat I am.

NQT
Hapah, you did nothing with your vote yesterday. Your attempts to appear inconspicuous have rendered you wholly conspicuous. Oh! And you're a Mother, aren't you?
In order: True enough, I don't think I was very inconspicuous to begin with, and no but I kinda wish I was. You didn't happen to investigate ZU at any point, did you? Can you investigate the dead? We (or, at the very least, I) need data.

Birdy
Ugh... I shudder at whatever the hell happened to Leafsnail. I suspect that the Death Shaman was involved here, considering the shear morbidity of his death. That or the final witch is pissed as hell...
It's clear that we've had 2 of one kind of kill and 1 of another, though why ZU didn't flip is still a mystery. Also, this statement seems a little off...it feels a little like the people that couldn't keep a straight face in TTT.

Do you have any idea why Sol would have potentially lied about his apprenticeship?

Toony
That said, I think the mark on his head is possibly highly significant. From what I have researched just a tiny bit large horizontal scar could possibly be a sign of the Anti-Christ of all things… It may be important to note here that my family had been carpenter. Even my younger brother meant to be one.
That's very odd.  Did you notice any oddities with your brother?  I feel like this came out of nowhere (then again, Okami originally refrained from talking about his role).
It could easily explain the flavor of why he was sent away to a monastery, at least: they were trying to redeem his soul, or drive the Devil out. And the mark was healing. Can't wait for LNCP to break it down after the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 19, 2013, 09:26:14 am »

@NQT:
No I have never interacted with Marie Bouvet before or during the game (in a meaningful way anyway).

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #965 on: September 19, 2013, 02:00:14 pm »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 2 -  Lenglon, ToonyMan
Hapah  - 1 -  notquitethere
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 4 -  IronyOwl, birdy51, Shakerag, Hapah
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Friday, 20th of September, 7PM UTC, in 24 hours.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:05:17 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 19, 2013, 02:37:03 pm »

Apologies for the late post!

Leng
Irony: it appeared to me that yesterday you were co-operating with the witch before the witch proposed their plan. this indicates that you had a private communication channel with them, most likely from being one of them.
Could you link an example or two, or just around what post number this happened? I mostly just see IO being in about the same boat I am.
sure
notice:
1) the unexplained and unexplainable extend
2) where the vote is and why (hint: accusing Toony of hiding something that the mod had just explained wasn't supposed to be a problem.)
3) the fact that it is the final post made, with NO input or vote shifting throughout Toaster's claim
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:58 pm »

Hapah:

Birdy
Ugh... I shudder at whatever the hell happened to Leafsnail. I suspect that the Death Shaman was involved here, considering the shear morbidity of his death. That or the final witch is pissed as hell...
It's clear that we've had 2 of one kind of kill and 1 of another, though why ZU didn't flip is still a mystery. Also, this statement seems a little off...it feels a little like the people that couldn't keep a straight face in TTT.

Do you have any idea why Sol would have potentially lied about his apprenticeship?

First, yes I am aware that death "gloating" is a scum tell. However, it is important to remark just how bloody his death was. I doubt it was any mere kill, judging on the severity of his death. The fact that another character died as well means we can't leave the last witch out of suspicion at this point either.

Now, onto Solifuge. I doubt he lied. The fact that he was a "Dark Child" was probably a bit more of dark secret of sorts. After all, I had rumors that he became a Cooper. However, I won't put aside the fact that he *might* have been possessed. Which brings me ties me into my next post where I shall address you both another point...

Toony:

It could easily explain the flavor of why he was sent away to a monastery, at least: they were trying to redeem his soul, or drive the Devil out. And the mark was healing. Can't wait for LNCP to break it down after the game.

Actually, I should probably explain that I have/had two brothers. The first was a nameless character who died. He was a bit younger than me and was the one slated to be a carpenter. Colin, or Solifuge is the Character who died.

As for this coming out of nowhere, it's also prudent to note that Ottofar didn't even consider pursuing Colin. I suspect that he read through the role PM once and never quite connected the dots like I was able to. This whole episode probably would have played out a day earlier if he had. 

To answer question whether I noticed anything odd about him as a baby, no. After that I gave him to the Monastery, I lost all track of him. I have no idea what he might have experienced in the Monastery, or if he had any altercations with supernatural forces leaving it.  However, I did not give up Colin because he was a demonic child who needed his soul cleansed. I gave him up because my Master couldn't afford both me and him. Whatever happened that changed him happened without my knowing. No clue on whether the Monastery had anything to do with it. It's a Dominican Monastery if that means something.

Now as for the mark… I am lost as to it's meaning, or why it was healing.   The fact that it was healing could imply that it was made recently.

IronyOwl: We have not interacted much in this game so far, which is a bit of a shame. How come? Also what is your agenda for the day?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 20, 2013, 01:18:25 am »

Quiet day!

Mod: A few questions for you.

-Is it possible to have multiple objectives, all of which must be achieved for a win?
-Is it possible to have hidden objective(s)?
-The OP says "[snip]...I will not, at any point in the game, lie to you...[snip]" . Is a lie of omission a lie?
-Is a lie based in ignorance possible? (i.e. will you provide us information that is true to the best of our knowledge, but which is factually incorrect?)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 20, 2013, 05:46:09 am »

Quiet day!

Mod: A few questions for you.

-Is it possible to have multiple objectives, all of which must be achieved for a win?
-Is it possible to have hidden objective(s)?
-The OP says "[snip]...I will not, at any point in the game, lie to you...[snip]" . Is a lie of omission a lie?
-Is a lie based in ignorance possible? (i.e. will you provide us information that is true to the best of our knowledge, but which is factually incorrect?)

Sure, but I won't necessarily put it in. WC1 had a wizard that had to kill an SK golem of his own making, and if he didn't also find an artifact that a witch possessed, he would become a Survivor with the golem as his SK ally (new wincon: have wizard win). That didn't appear in WC2. It also depends o how you do fine an objective.

Sure. Like I said, it's a possibility.

Omission is not a lie. It wouldn't be fun if I went around spilling my beans all the time.

Occasionally. You'll know when that comes into play.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 20, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »

NQT:  You're the flavor cop, so has anything else suspicious turned up in your investigations?

Also, as far as I can tell, I've had jack squat to do with the viscount; I came to the town to seek the viscountess for work/patronage and (after she finally came back to town after a year) she was the one who hired me to work in the castle.

Hapah:  Where are you going with those mod questions?

IronyOwl:  Post.  Also tell me what you think about the Dark Child.

ToonyMan:  How exactly do you propose we watch zombie urist's death "closely"?

Lenglon:  What do you think the significance of the burn mark on the Dark Child is?

birdy51:  Who's your pick for the last witch?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 20, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »

@Shakerag:
ToonyMan:  How exactly do you propose we watch zombie urist's death "closely"?
I was sort of *hint hint*ing for somebody to revive them or something.  Since you know witches, if ZU really is the Death Shaman (as I suspect) then isn't your wincon to revive them?  Why waste the chance?

I think it's odd you've been working at my castle without my character even knowing about it too.  I would ask my wife if she were here...

LNCP:  Do I have any messengers I could send anywhere?

@IronyOwl:
Prod prod.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 20, 2013, 05:42:20 pm »

Oh also:

LNCP:  Tell us everything we would know about the Monastery.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 20, 2013, 08:12:35 pm »

Extend. Though, shouldn't the day have ended already?

God damn I'm bad.

From yesterday:

Lenglon:
Irony: define lazy and explain how going out of my way to make trouble and prodding people for not doing anything falls under lazy. or having a case that's a hell of a lot better defined than your own, because I go into enough detail to actually list times and actions rather than to make vague lazy accusations of general "eh, I don't think I like the way you acted somewhere".are you really going to call me lazy for bothering to use the extend we had for something? is that lazy? yes, I acted scummy earlier. it was quite on purpose. have I been evasive about anything else this game?
Not you, me.

What would have been a useful response from LS? You say he jumped on you for making legitimate mistakes and that's a good thing, but he's still not town so...?

For that matter, why are you convinced he's not town again? I'd rather not go back and hunt for it through your 100+ posts.

I voted to extend because Toaster said he needed more time and I definitely needed more time.

Toony:
Fuck dude, I answered both of those.  Get your brain on.
Derp.

The substance and tone of your response sounded like a dismissive dodge, so I sort of made up my mind about you and stopped braindoing, and apparently reading. In my defense, I was in a hurry and had a lot of stuff to cover.

Your "who killed who" last night logic is dumb, remember how far ZU got by picking at my fucking grammar, nowhere.  More likely than not, my brain-damaged logic has erred in some way.  Stay calm and carry on.
However, now that I know you're not completely dodging, stop dodging. What was your thought process at the time, and why did it result in you saying what you said?

Dariush never explicitly dismisses Leafsnail, that was Vector/whoever the fuck now.  He picked LS as his #2 Death Shaman.
Oh, so your "these people definitely can't be the DS" reasoning was based entirely on the public musings of someone you assumed was a witch? Do you still think they're a witch? You don't even know who they are, so...?

LNCP probably changed my history to throw suspicion on my character (the same way he "isn't fond of hunting witches").  If you want that as a vote reason than sure, NQT seems fine with it though.
NQT was also fine tying the vote to save his scummy hide. Why would I care what he thinks?

Yes, that's a plausible explanation. But given how much importance LNCP places on flavor, doesn't it seem more likely that it wouldn't be a red herring, and that those are genuine clues about your true nature?

Arguably the following could also still be relevant even if you're insisting on trying to dodge/disown your prior statements thing entirely as well:
For that matter, do you think nobody being responsible is a valid possibility?
It's possible, but entirely unlikely in my opinion.  If that's the case then what would this responsibility be, the rift?
That's why I want to know why you don't think it's the DS and think it's probably the witches but probably not the witches.

IronyOwl, besides being my obvious choice carrying over from yesterday, Leafsnail gets murdered by a plant thing and flips town (I think that's town?) so my doubts I had with agreeing with him are pretty much cleared.
I think so, and what is this, appeal to authority from a confirmed townie who listed a brief, unexplained "yeah that might make sense?"

That's twice now you're talking about what other people think rather than why other people should think that.

NQT:
Irony Owl, you previously said your top scum picks were Lenglon and Toaster. At the end of yesterday you were voting Toonyman. Care to explain what made him scummier?
As I recall, I was focused on scumhunting Toony, and hadn't really gotten around to scumhunting Toaster. At the time my vote was more valuable on who I was actually scumhunting, and I didn't and still don't think witches are especially dangerous. Toony I suspected of being third party.

If I'd managed to get a post in shortly after his claim, I absolutely would have voted the confirmed witch suggesting town kills themselves. Later on, I probably would have kept it on Toony because Toaster was guaranteed dead anyway.

birdy:
IronyOwl: We have not interacted much in this game so far, which is a bit of a shame. How come? Also what is your agenda for the day?
That is a shame. Presumably we've just never gotten around to scumhunting each other. You're a replacement for someone, aren't you?

My agenda for the day is mainly to figure out ToonyMan. Other than that, the usual of figuring out everyone else and whether we have any wincon shenanigans.

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  Post.  Also tell me what you think about the Dark Child.
Not sure. The obvious interpretation would be that it's a Bad Thing, maybe an SK, but I'm not sure if that's really the case. Being the source of our other kill is probably one of the only real options, though.

I don't know if that implicates his brother or not; I'd generally lean towards not, since the split seems plausible and having a brother who's not in on it to drop clues seems very flavorful and LNCP-y.

I do find it interesting that his burn mark was healing or partially healed or whatever the exact wording was. I wonder about the significance of that, but I'm assuming it doesn't matter at the moment.

Might as well give my final thoughts since it's likely I'm dead:

Don't like Toony at all. The weird flavor, the dismissiveness/roundabout defenses, everything makes me not trust him.

Don't like Lenglon, but his actions with the Toaster thing doesn't seem scum to me gutwise. I've certainly seen entire scumteams go down together and all that, but it doesn't quite mesh to me. Still not off the hook, but a lot less convinced than I was yesterday.

No opinions on anyone else, save NQT who seems town because of his willingness to tie the vote to save himself. My gut didn't like him, he did that, I went "OH! That's why I don't like him, he's naturally scummy!" Ironic and strange, but that's my take.

Derp on not having an opinion on anyone else. Oh well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 20, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »

Don't like Lenglon, but her [...]
FTFY.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84