Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201218 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #825 on: September 08, 2013, 07:20:41 pm »

seriously leaf, i'm pretty darn sure you and I do not think alike
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 08, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »

I am going to give you a full list of the occasions on which the "I was just acting crazy as a deliberate ploy to find out other people's alignments" gambit was helpful:

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 08, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »

ok, so in what hypothedical situation should someone do NOTHING for two days you lazy ass?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 08, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »

Toony:
I'm being prodded even though nobody is doing anything?  I only extended to give Toaster a grace period to respond.

Anyway, I'm here so let me say if Toaster isn't a witch I'd be surprised, again.

Leafsnail told him like, up front that he should reveal anything if he's a witch and I can't even find a response to it.  Sure it wasn't a question but whatever.

I'm sorry, did you ask me something?

I did respond to Leafsnail... wait, what?  I could have sworn I did.  Basically I said I wasn't a witch and asked him if he read my response to Irony.

Irony:
In essence, I don't want to lynch scum and am failing to figure out what I should be doing instead.

Now that's an interesting answer.  Perhaps you should be figuring out who to lynch instead?  I'm all for lynching scum (Hapah) myself.

Lenglon:
Yeah I guess it was just a byproduct of your cowardly refusal to engage anything.
Wouldn't the smarter way to do that be to act like Solifuge and lurk rather than engage you in conversation in any form at all?

This is a king-sized deflection, right here.  It's kind of hilarious.

Extend.  If you're going to lynch me, let me do a reread first, and the next two days are terrible, terrible days for me, timewise.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2013, 08:25:21 pm »

Lenglon:
Yeah I guess it was just a byproduct of your cowardly refusal to engage anything.
Wouldn't the smarter way to do that be to act like Solifuge and lurk rather than engage you in conversation in any form at all?
This is a king-sized deflection, right here.  It's kind of hilarious.
of course it was, my objective was to goad Leaf and Soli.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 08, 2013, 10:47:38 pm »

notquitethere
Last posted: 91 hours ago

it feels like nobody else even cares about this game. everyone's cases today have been poor, including my own. Why are you all letting people get away with such weak cases? Leafsnail is getting under my skin, Soli is going to lurk to day end without answering my questions, and we've had just about nobody doing anything. Look at day 1, compare it to day 3. I don't even see fake scumhunting anymore!
Lenglon is frustrated

for the people looking for flavor-claims, mine were back on day 1, quoting them now.
Full-Flavor-Claim:
My name is Regnault Coullart, I am a shoemaker.

the best way to summarize myself is as a lost soul of sorts. previously I had a profitable business in Paris, some rich patrons who came to me for all their shoes, a lovely wife who had given me a daughter and had a son on the way, but then the plague hit. first it took my customers, then my parents, then my daughter, and then my wife, and the plague was still running rampant throughout the city. I fled in terror, trading almost everything I owned, everything but a single painting, my silver cutlery, and one quality cloak, for a ride to anywhere but there.

he dropped me off here. and here I still am, unsure what to do anymore, and with nothing left to live for, yet knowing that my wife and daughter would want me to live on, and so I do. just continuing to make shoes, eat, sleep, and live.
My Description:
I am in my fourties, but look older.
My hair is brown with a touch of grey and rough-cut short.
my face is wrinkled and has several pockmarks.
I walk with a mildly stooped posture.
My clothes are mostly made from wool or linen in dull colors
I am refusing to roleclaim.

Solifuge: "please make a vote. Vote me, I really don't care. just stop hiding behind the 'still reading' lie. it doesn't take two weeks to read 50 pages. it doesn't even take two weeks to read 200 pages. you expect me to honestly believe you when you say you're reading at a rate of 4 pages a day? stop hiding. I voted Ottofar almost the entirety of day 1 for less, and I'm more than willing to lynch you instead for this kind of behavior. everything I said about Ottofar day 1 applies to you. even if you're town, you're being so useless, so timid, so cowardly, that I want to policy-lynch you anyway."
Lenglon spits on the ground and walks away

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 09, 2013, 12:56:55 am »

Shakerag has been prodded.
notquitethere has been prodded.

You guys have access to long enough days via Extends, anyway, so I'm not going to give out a modextend for this. If the above two don't post before the day ends, I'm going to kill them off.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 09, 2013, 03:13:30 am »

Sorry for the absence comrades, been an unexpectedly busy week. I'm not usually gone for so long. I do have a lot invested in this game.

Hapah
NQT: I'm not sure I understand what you're driving at in the bit where you voted Toaster. Nobody knew you were the Inquis D1, did they?
Toaster had good reason to because he played that role the last two games and pretty much told him that I was playing the same role. He didn't catch on (or feigned ignorance) for a long time.

Toaster
NQT, man, really?  I think you're about the worst person to lynch now.  I completely buy your claim.  I have zero interest in building a case on you at all.  That doesn't mean I still don't want to know if your wincon is a bit different.  Even if it is, I seriously, seriously, doubt it'd be any reason to lynch you.  Don't jump to conclusions, and just answer the question.
I wasn't voting you because you asked my wincon (after all, I already told everyone my wincon back on Day 1). I was voting you because you were very interested in lynching Tiruin on Day 1 and did nothing productive with your vote on Day 2. But now...

Shakerag, you're the Death Shaman, right? Your predecessor Vector was most keen on getting Tiruin 'quicklynched' (Vector's term) when Tiruin claimed Life Shaman. Now Tiruin is dead, you're the one pushing for a no lynch. Witches (especially kill-less witches) need mislynches. Town need lynches too, to kill scum. Who's the only person to benefit from a continuous No Lynch policy? The Death Shaman.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 09, 2013, 08:22:17 am »

Extend.

Toony:
@Irony:
If I missed anything, then oh please, enlighten me.
From the things you "missed" entirely:

Unrelated: Why do you think LNCP specifically made it so you had no children? Seems strange to me that he'd explicitly ground this in history and then make a deliberate exception like that, don't you think?
Here it is then (from oldest to newest):
?

Where's him explicitly dismissing Leafsnail and so on?

Arguably the following could also still be relevant even if you're insisting on trying to dodge/disown your prior statements thing entirely as well:
For that matter, do you think nobody being responsible is a valid possibility?

Leafsnail:
Could you go over your reasoning for this again? It seems overly speculative to me.
ToonyMan reported it earlier.  We also know from Dariush's opening posts that the witches knew something about the shamans from the start.  There could have been a lie at some stage but that's what the claims we have so far tell us.
Could you go over your reasoning for this again? It seems overly speculative to me.
Actually, did you mean "speculation because ZU might be the Death Shaman"?  I do think that is a highly likely possibility, but if that were the case then we wouldn't have to worry about lynching the Death Shaman anyway.
I got confused and was thinking of something else. Specifically your reasoning on what Town should be after regarding the Life/Death Shaman living/dead states.

Lenglon:
Irony:
To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing at this point. I suspect you and Lenglon are the witches, ZU is the death shaman, and Tiruin is the life shaman.
Please provide a case. also, if you're honestly convinced Toaster is a witch, I suggest you vote him unless you have something more productive to do with your vote. I currently think my vote is worthwhile mostly because Solifuge is finally posting now that someone voted him.
I really owe you a better case than this, but the details are hard to pin down. It's more the crone thing and your general evasiveness/squishiness; it feels like you're scum that doesn't have the balls to go full-bore town, so you're just sort of squishing down to avoid looking too much like scum or even being too antagonistic as scum.

Aiding this lazy analysis, though, is this:
well, bugger, I guess I have to abandon my tangent early.
Unvote
Toaster
the reason I was acting oddly yesterday and refusing to explain myself was I was attempting to goad Solifuge and Leafsnail into giving me the information I needed. Leaf's reaction is forcing me to reconsider my placing him as the Death shaman, and Solifuge sadly got away without me getting the quality of a read I wanted.

now then, why Toaster? honestly, I'm more bothered by his day 1 actions than his day 2 actions. I just really did not like the hard tunnel on NQT followed by hard tunnel on Tiruin he pulled. That's... kinda it. I don't really have that much of a problem with his day 2 actions, but I also don't see his day 2 actions as redeeming him at all. Today he redeemed himself somewhat to me, but I still have yet to find someone scummier.

I still think Solifuge is hiding something, but I don't know what it is at this time, nor if it is something townie or something scummy.
Really? The old "Well time to turn around entirely, nevermind joke case just kidding" routine? What information were you hoping to get out of Soli and Leaf by playing poorly in front of them?

Toaster:
Irony:
In essence, I don't want to lynch scum and am failing to figure out what I should be doing instead.

Now that's an interesting answer.  Perhaps you should be figuring out who to lynch instead?  I'm all for lynching scum (Hapah) myself.
That would probably be the smart thing to do.

Though, my current suspicion is that it's not so much a matter of who to lynch as who to lynch when; ie we need to kill the witches while the shamans are at some state. Trouble is there's no way to test that theory, which makes it useless and I guess I should continue lynching witches. And/or Toony who I suspect might be third party.

Anyway, why Hapah? Just because he's done nothing at all all game? What makes him different from, say, me or Solifuge on that matter?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:58 am »

Shakerag, you're the Death Shaman, right? Your predecessor Vector was most keen on getting Tiruin 'quicklynched' (Vector's term) when Tiruin claimed Life Shaman. Now Tiruin is dead, you're the one pushing for a no lynch. Witches (especially kill-less witches) need mislynches. Town need lynches too, to kill scum. Who's the only person to benefit from a continuous No Lynch policy? The Death Shaman.
Dude.  Think about what you're saying for a second.  Evidence points toward the Death Shaman wanting to die.  The Death Shaman is powered by death.  The witch's wincon is to make it so the death shaman is alive and can't die.  Assuming for a moment that I am the death shaman, voting to lynch me would be stupid, because that would give me power.  Also assuming I am the death shaman, why would I want to perpetually no lynch? 

I can't speak for Vector per se, but signs seem to point toward her just having a big hard on for eliminating third-parties. 

I'm calling for a no lynch, because I think lynching the death shaman would be A Bad Thing and we need to make sure we are *not* lynching that person. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2013, 09:05:01 am »

Oppose Extend because this is just getting silly and it looks like people are just reflexively extending.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 09, 2013, 09:32:49 am »

Lenglon:
I really owe you a better case than this, but the details are hard to pin down. It's more the crone thing and your general evasiveness/squishiness; it feels like you're scum that doesn't have the balls to go full-bore town, so you're just sort of squishing down to avoid looking too much like scum or even being too antagonistic as scum.

Aiding this lazy analysis, though, is this:
-snip-
Really? The old "Well time to turn around entirely, nevermind joke case just kidding" routine? What information were you hoping to get out of Soli and Leaf by playing poorly in front of them?
I was mixing several actions there, not just one.
first of all, bait leafsnail:
unvote toaster, don't give an explanation
secondly, prod solifuge:
vote solifuge.
notice that with the exception of things that would compromise my prod of leafsnail, I did answer soli. The stuff I deflected was explanations of my actions at the time.
additionally, Soli did deserve that vote. the only reason my vote's on Toaster and not on Soli is because I don't want last-minute vote shenanigans. and with this many votes floating around doing nothing, there's legitimate concern that last-minute vote shenanigans could happen.

finally, before you get on my case, read the timestamps. notice that although a lot of posts happened, not a lot of time passed.

Irony: define lazy and explain how going out of my way to make trouble and prodding people for not doing anything falls under lazy. or having a case that's a hell of a lot better defined than your own, because I go into enough detail to actually list times and actions rather than to make vague lazy accusations of general "eh, I don't think I like the way you acted somewhere".are you really going to call me lazy for bothering to use the extend we had for something? is that lazy? yes, I acted scummy earlier. it was quite on purpose. have I been evasive about anything else this game?

next tell me, what the hell are you talking about with me being evasive? yeah, I evaded explanations of what I was doing when what I was doing was dependant on people not understanding it. notice when I chose to do that, specifically, how much time we had before day end.

I had time, and I wanted to know if Leafsnail really was the Death Shaman. I gave him a target and he jumped it hard. that actually is a pretty townie action. enough so that I need to reconsider him for being a witch, because he sure as hell isn't actually town. Town leafsnail is capable of decent analysis, something he hasn't displayed all game. this game he's acted almost purely in reaction to the surface actions of people. he doesn't seem to be reading subtexts. he isn't analyzing. he isn't actually scumhunting, just making plenty of surface-prods on people.

which is why I still am unconvinced of the Mother/Maiden/Crone thing. I really do not trust the source, despite the fact that the idea itself seems reasonable to me.

NQT:please include me on your inspect list tonight since I appear to be a lynch candidate for tomorrow. it'll save everyone some hassle since I'm town.

Oppose extend
we only get so many extends in this game, and you're trying to squander another without an explanation and after you didn't use the last one.

as far as I can tell, i'm the only person who  used the last one for anything at all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 09, 2013, 09:35:48 am »

Okay, you know what?  Fine.

I'm the witch crone.

And you know what else?

I can make EVERYONE win.

I suggest you reverse those extension oppositions so I can get the details out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:45 am »

Hah! I knew it. Well, I wasn't certain, but I mean, I had quite good grounds for believing so.

Toaster, all witches must die, but I am interested in hearing your witchery words before we string you up, so please spill those beans in a timely fashion.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 09, 2013, 09:49:30 am »

Unoppose Extention
Extend

start talking please
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 84