Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201148 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #945 on: September 11, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »

Solifuge

I suspect you are our Death Shaman, or at least an important figure of some kind. Whatever you are, you may want to claim.

Our parents began to die when you were but month's old, and they were buried not far from the Monastery. I doubt these facts are mere coincidences. Would you mind telling me what you are?

Assuming that my parents did die after I was given to the monestary, and that you remained with them, that indicates to me that either my presence was keeping them alive, or your presence unopposed by me made them die. By this logic (and knowing what I do of my role), you would not be a terrible fit for the Death Shaman. However, I'm going to check something with the Mod, to see if I can confirm some of the information you claim. As for a role claim, I can tell you that I was apprenticed to a Dry Cooper (not a Wet Cooper, as you mentioned here, but that's a simple enough mistake to make). The rest is going to wait until I clarify some things with LNCP.

More importantly, Toaster. This whole "But Town and Scum can both win!" thing is ridiculous. The Mod has even clarified this for us. Lenglon... resorting to the "you're so stupid!" tactic just illustrates your desperation to keep Toaster from being lynched. I'll let his roleflip decide your fate come tomorrow.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »

I almost hope that after the last Witch is lynched the Inquisitor goes "There at still malefactors in your midst, so the trials will continue lololol"
"This is not a full-out Bastard Mod. By this I mean that I will not, at any point in the game, lie to you or break your trust in me"
And the town wincon is, as we've already established, witch elimination.  I have a feeling that there may be a twist that makes that harder to achieve, but we know for sure that it is a win condition.
You forgot the rest of that statement: "It has secrets that will reveal themselves to the inquisitive player, however; do not enter if you intend only to play this as you would a vanilla game." And if that line combined with this doesn't at the very least give you lot pause, I don't know what else I can say. It's possible (and I'd go so far as to say plausible) that the only reason the wincon says Witches is because that's what the Inquisitor brought up, and he obviously doesn't know half of what's going on.

Toaster: Is there anything else you can tell us? Will LNCP elaborate on how Shamans are made? Signs we should watch out for?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13] ONE PLAYER SLOT OPEN
« Reply #947 on: September 11, 2013, 07:52:41 pm »

Yes, it has secrets.  But no outright lies.  Having witch elimination not be a win condition would be an outright lie.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 11, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 1 -  Lenglon
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
Solifuge  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 6 -  ToonyMan, Leafsnail, notquitethere, Shakerag, birdy51, Solifuge
Toonyman  - 1 -  IronyOwl
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  Toaster, Hapah
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Oppose Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

It is now Twilight. Discussion is prohibited during this time.

LNCP will be by at some point to process the lynch.

Violating this rule is punishable by stern words from me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N3: 9/13] ONE PLAYER SLOT OPEN
« Reply #949 on: September 14, 2013, 09:08:57 am »

Night 3 Has Begun!

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 0 - 
Leafsnail  - 1 -  Lenglon
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
Solifuge  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 6 -  ToonyMan, Leafsnail, notquitethere, Shakerag, birdy51, Solifuge
Toonyman  - 1 -  IronyOwl
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  Toaster, Hapah
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The guard grimaced at the sky. He’d noticed something, not sure what - but for now, he was too busy.

“Who’s next?”

The remaining ten had numbed. They’d become calmer in the face of the executions, which now happened every sundown. It was, on second thought, no uncommon occurrence - after several days of executions, many in the villages and towns where the trials were held developed an almost eerie stoicism. Often, after some time, the proceedings were quiet.

Just like this. He’d observed them quite closely the past few days, and today had been different. It was calm, straightforward - as if they knew who was responsible before the day began. They spoke little - there were a few hours in the evening when it seemed that would change, when they spoke in hushed tones, but in the end, it seemed not to have made a difference.

“Jean Petit.”

The farmer. He had a wife, the guard remembered. Apparently quite loving, too, and left to care for the farm; less than a week in, she might not know about what was happening here - “I hope she doesn’t,” the farmer had told him, “but if worse comes to worst, she likely will.” The guard shook his head - but pity wouldn’t help the farmer’s family. It didn’t help his family, either, when his father died - a whole lot of pity, but what good did it do as they bled money?

He grabbed the farmer’s shoulder and led him on quietly. Coming slowly through the expectant crowds, it was three wooden steps to the stage - one, two, three. Putting a heavy boot on the planking, it creaked weakly underneath - followed by the farmer’s moccasins, a soft swish of padded hide.

One of the priests, short-cropped hair, sombre wrinkles and matte black, came forward. “Have you a confession? Last words? A prayer?”

“I’ve said them already, Father.”

“So be it.” The inquisitor smiled, and steps back.

The guard smirked bitterly. Behind those soft-spoken words, that feigned compassion and religiousness lurked something darker and ruthless. As they moved on, the townsfolk may believe in it, but those who came along - the guardsmen, papal soldiers - knew that it wasn’t so. They could stoop to any level.

But now, that wasn’t necessary.

The guard captain moved on his own, on cue. The guard bent the farmer down, and restrained him from behind just as the captain unsheathed his sword - it came down easily, and buried itself a half-inch into the planking. As the body was pushed onto its back, the captain pulled the sword away - only to thrust it into the corpse’s belly, pinning it.

The priest had then made the pronouncement. There was just a hint of a smile on his face, again.

And the guard had told the nine several minutes ago. But, looking down, his thoughts still come to the farmer’s family - but thoughts and pity do no good.

Jean "Toaster" Petit has been lynched! He was the Witch Crone.

The Night will end Tuesday, 17th of September, 7PM UTC.

Sorry for the long Twilight, folks.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13] ONE PLAYER SLOT OPEN
« Reply #950 on: September 18, 2013, 02:48:05 pm »

Day 4 Has Begun!

Votecount:
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Hapah  - 0 - 
Lenglon  - 0 - 
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 2 -  IronyOwl, notquitethere, birdy51, Lenglon, Shakerag, ToonyMan, Hapah
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

“Behold! The demons have made their first strike!”

A cart had been wheeled onto the stage. The corpse of a farmer lay in in it, splayed out onto a hay mattress and morbidly decorated with overripe fruit and sodden vegetables. A massive smooth black stalk, roughly broken off at the top, had embedded itself in its chest, and its searching roots had seemingly grown everywhere into his body. Underneath his skin, countless little tendrils had branched off from the chest-stalk and crawled about,  leaving black ridges snaking across his body. Sharp spines had erupted from among the ribs in his chest, leaving trails of blood from their wounds, and his face had been contorted into a wide-eyed scream - but from his mouth there came only more of the hard black tentacles, and his eyeballs were furry with them, all frozen in the spastic motions of frenzied growth.

Next to the cart a dead boy had been dragged up, hardly older than twelve, and dressed in dirty and worn clothing. His body was pristine, save for a rather large horizontal burn mark on his forehead, only partly healed.

The remaining townsfolk, all gathered around the stage, clamour to see it.

“People of Uzès, will you tolerate this murder? Will you let the demons freely torture denizens to death? No; the last of these demons - all demons - must be eliminated before this town can truly have safety.”

Martin "Leafsnail" Brouillart has died during the night! He was a farmer.
Colin "Solifuge" Fleury has died during the night! He was the Dark Child.

The Day will end Friday, 20th of September, 7PM UTC.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D4: 7/13]
« Reply #951 on: September 18, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

And a most hearty BAH to you all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 18, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »

Irony: it appeared to me that yesterday you were co-operating with the witch before the witch proposed their plan. this indicates that you had a private communication channel with them, most likely from being one of them.

I still think we made the wrong decision yesterday, but the decision has been made. i guess we shall just press onward with the witch hunts.

what I don't understand is why Leaf and Soli were killed last night, they were the two most likely candidates for the death shaman other than Zombie Urist. ZU now seems to be the most likely DS.

Soli appears to have been the final third-party.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 18, 2013, 03:53:17 pm »

specifically, I think the witches killed Leaf, and the DS killed Soli. My current guess is Leaf was killed in revenge? (using an anti-life-shaman one-shot ability), and the DS is making those unmarked kills.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 18, 2013, 04:05:50 pm »

Shakerag, tell us all about the two people you share a room with. Don't lie.

ToonyMan, why did you shelter the widow Marie Bouvet? Are you having an affair with her?

Birdy, how do you feel about the death of your brother?

Lenglon, if you're such a good shoemaker, why haven't you regained your wealth? Also, what made Leafsnail the scummiest player yesterday?

Irony Owl, you previously said your top scum picks were Lenglon and Toaster. At the end of yesterday you were voting Toonyman. Care to explain what made him scummier?

Hapah, you did nothing with your vote yesterday. Your attempts to appear inconspicuous have rendered you wholly conspicuous. Oh! And you're a Mother, aren't you?

PPE:
Irony: it appeared to me that yesterday you were co-operating with the witch before the witch proposed their plan. this indicates that you had a private communication channel with them, most likely from being one of them.
Uh... wasn't it you who were the most vocal proponent of going along with the witch plan?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:49 pm »

NQT: the key part here is that Irony was co-operating BEFORE IT WAS PROPOSED. Yes, I was the most vocal about going along with it. however, Irony co-operated before it was proposed, and then didn't weigh in at all during the discussion of if we should go along with it or not. asking no questions and giving no opinions. that reeks of a witch trying to avoid rocking the boat until the town made their decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »

oh, anyway, regarding why I haven't regained my wealth, it hasn't been directly stated, but in my inital role PM comments were made about the leather being of much much lower quality than I remember. I'll PM LNCP for a direct answer to confirm what I'm inferring.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 18, 2013, 04:23:06 pm »

oh, and while I wait on a response to that PM:

...previously I had a profitable business in Paris, some rich patrons who came to me for all their shoes ... but then the plague hit. first it took my customers, then ...

lack of patrons could also be the main problem, or it could simply be a mix of the two issues.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »

ok, PM returned:

there's a couple problems I'm dealing with, for one Uzès isn't a very large town, and there aren't very many wealthy or fashionable people in it. toss in the poor shape my current hovel is in, and I'm not able to attract any wealthy patrons. The core of the problem though is my emotional state. to be quite blunt, my life has been wrecked, and I don't really feel any kind of drive to bother trying all that hard. So even though there are a few ways I could try to spiffy myself up and try to attract the kind of patronage I need to attain wealth, I just plain do not care enough to bother. I have very little drive to attain wealth or glory left in me, with the way that life has taken everything that I love and care for.

also yes, the quality of leather I have to work with has seriously gone downhill, and so has the quality of work that I've bothered to put into it. I'm just putting in enough effort to survive.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:02 pm »

Ugh... I shudder at whatever the hell happened to Leafsnail. I suspect that the Death Shaman was involved here, considering the shear morbidity of his death. That or the final witch is pissed as hell...

NQT

Birdy, how do you feel about the death of your brother?

Is your question how do I feel, or is it how does my character feel? Regardless, I'll probably end up asking LNCP about it.

I honestly should not have been surprised, but before he died Solifuge caught onto my sleight of hand regarding his apprenticeship. I knew he was a Dry Cooper, however I wondered if I could trick him into saying otherwise. That would have clued both me and possibly you in that something was up regarding his role and possibly his alignment. Regardless, he's dead now, so we know he did have something to hide.

That said, I think the mark on his head is possibly highly significant. From what I have researched just a tiny bit large horizontal scar could possibly be a sign of the Anti-Christ of all things… It may be important to note here that my family had been carpenter. Even my younger brother meant to be one.

However,  I was merely an exception to that rule as I became apprenticed to a stonemason. I still don't know my father's reasoning when he made that decision…

I'll try to get asking questions later either today and tomorrow, both in and out of this game.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84