Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201248 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #870 on: September 09, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

I'm in Sweden. GMT is always GMT, so to hell with Britain.
Then please note that according to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/, the 8pm deadline is in fact in four hours and not three.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:27 am »

hunuh, so anyway...

Toaster: is IronyOwl the witch mother? she was kinda coperating with you... before you had even posted. toss in her extend with no explanation and...
you get my drift.

Irony: are you the witch mother?

Leafsnail: are you the death shaman?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2013, 11:16:53 am »

Then please note that according to http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/, the 8pm deadline is in fact in four hours and not three.

All times are now in UTC +1. I hope you're happy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 09, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

do we have enough for that extention now btw LNCP?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 09, 2013, 11:50:00 am »

All times are now in UTC +1. I hope you're happy.
Oh I'm always happy.  :D

Not sure I'd even begin to think of co-operating in anything like this until we'd had a confirmation and assurance from the Death Shaman.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 09, 2013, 11:54:19 am »

The Day will now end on Wednesday, 11th of September, 7PM GMT / 9PM CET.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:08 am »

Toaster: you got your extend. please explain, step by step, what needs to happen in each of the following days and nights to trigger the group wincon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 09, 2013, 12:17:01 pm »

Unvote.

Okay.  Remember this?

Anyway, if you want more information, I only have one eye now. No, I've no idea how that happened other than it occurred when I made my act, and my father would be very distressed at what just happened but I can describe how I look like to you-...

I don't believe for a second that Tiruin doesn't know about that.  It's bloody obvious that Tiruin has multiple, but limited, revives.  I don't know (but I assume) that she can also revive other people (since she'd want to be able to revive the Death Shaman.)

Failing that, the witch team also has a revive we can use.  But first...

Tiruin, could you res yourself please?  I'm very willing to bet you can.  (Big text for attention grabbing)

Beyond that, it's pretty simple.  I assume the Death Shaman has a kill, and that he can help us bring the player count down.  If there's a Vigilante around, it'd help if he or she claimed as well.  But in any case, we alternately lynch and nightkill people until we get things to the point that we can get down to five.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 09, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »

it feels like nobody else even cares about this game. everyone's cases today have been poor, including my own. Why are you all letting people get away with such weak cases? Leafsnail is getting under my skin, Soli is going to lurk to day end without answering my questions, and we've had just about nobody doing anything.
Before I respond to the more recent stuff, I'll tell you why: it's because it was really obvious Toaster was a witch and it's kindof hard to motivate yourself to do much when the correct course of action is so clear.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 09, 2013, 12:29:06 pm »

um, just being blunt, we need the death shaman to agree to coperate or this won't work.

you have my willingness to help, but until the death shaman self-identifies, i'm not willing to sacrifice my normal wincon for the group wincon.

I suspect that ZU isn't actually dead, but that he will revive in the night. either that or he is the death shaman.

that being the case, I'm willing to accept the lynch of one vanilla townie today, but tomorrow if ZU revives and the DS still hasn't self-identified, then it's time to go back to trying to fill our normal wincon. if tomorrow ZU doesn't revive, then I would assume he is the death shaman, and be willing to coperate while either you or tiruin revives him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 09, 2013, 01:10:36 pm »

Well, we could trust a claimed mafia member's plan that essentially amounts to "allow us to win and you'll magically win too, I promise".  Or we could lynch him and his obvious partner and win.  Lenglon, if you're still pretending to be town, I suggest you re-vote Toaster.

Leafsnail: are you the death shaman?
Again, I'm pleased to see you and Toaster are still wrong about this, but no, I am not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 09, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »

Leafsnail: are you the third third-party then? the summoner?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 09, 2013, 01:35:14 pm »

Just in case anyone in the town is suffering from the aftereffects of a serious concussion, I will run through why you should not trust a claimed mafia member who says he can make you win if you allow the mafia to become the majority of players.

First, the day must start with both shamans and all three witches alive, and all other players dead.
First point.  He wants to have all the mafia members alive, and all townies dead.

That is the standard mafia win condition.  This is a plan that will cause the mafia to win.  Nothing else.

Second, we must no lynch that day.  Third, no one besides myself must act that night.  Fourth, I use my night action.  If everything goes right, the rift is sealed, we die, everyone else comes back to life, and it's as if this whole thing never happened.
Pfffhahaha.  Note how Dariush's "We will leave peacefully" changed into "We will die".  Why would Dariush lie about that?  The answer is that he wouldn't - Toaster realized the mistake in Dariush's claim to ToonyMan, and decided to change it to make it sound like it would fulfill the town wincon.

Also note that Toaster voted to lynch Tiruin day one.  Even though his wincon allegedly requires her to be alive.  That's because this part is clearly bullshit intended to test whether Tiruin can self-revive or not.  Note that Dariush claimed the witches need Tiruin dead (why?).

I'm aware a witch and a shaman are already dead, but there's a way around that.  If you want to hear how, get me that extend.
Totally not a desperate lie to buy time!

"I'm trusting you here, please don't abuse it"
Why are you trusting a mafia member?  He provided absolutely no evidence to back up his story, and what's more it contradicts the story that was apparently given by his partner earlier.  And yet you're prepared to give him a free lynch on a townie.

um, just being blunt, we need the death shaman to agree to coperate or this won't work.
Yes, you do need the death shaman to co-operate in your "kill all town players" plan.

Leafsnail: are you the third third-party then? the summoner?
I am town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 09, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

Toaster: if you want any sort of co-operation, here is the absolute minimum you must do:

1. Claim your full role, and have your partner (Lenglon) claim theirs too.
2. Claim every action performed by the witch side in this game.  Explain why Dariush contacted ToonyMan, and why he gave a garbled version of the Secret Wincon to him.  If Toony is a witch then explain why he made up such an odd story.
3. Explain why Dariush didn't claim any of this yesterday when he was about to be lynched.
4. Revive Tiruin immediately, and have her give her opinion on whether your story is remotely plausible.  You also need to find the death shaman and have them offer their opinion as soon as possible.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 09, 2013, 01:44:17 pm »

@IronyOwl:
Toony:
@Irony:
If I missed anything, then oh please, enlighten me.
From the things you "missed" entirely:
Unrelated: Why do you think LNCP specifically made it so you had no children? Seems strange to me that he'd explicitly ground this in history and then make a deliberate exception like that, don't you think?
Here it is then (from oldest to newest):
?
Where's him explicitly dismissing Leafsnail and so on?
Fuck dude, I answered both of those.  Get your brain on.

@IronyOwl:
LNCP probably changed my history to throw suspicion on my character (the same way he "isn't fond of hunting witches").  If you want that as a vote reason than sure, NQT seems fine with it though.
Dariush never explicitly dismisses Leafsnail, that was Vector/whoever the fuck now.  He picked LS as his #2 Death Shaman.

Arguably the following could also still be relevant even if you're insisting on trying to dodge/disown your prior statements thing entirely as well:
For that matter, do you think nobody being responsible is a valid possibility?
It's possible, but entirely unlikely in my opinion.  If that's the case then what would this responsibility be, the rift?

I'm the witch crone.
So...should I trust a secret wincon only the mafia faction knows, or my own wincon I know is true...

hmmmmmm

Toaster Toaster Toaster
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84