Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200936 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #795 on: September 07, 2013, 05:53:38 pm »

That's a hilariously weak answer.
And your point is?
And why are you still ignoring the query about why you unvoted Toaster in the first place?
because it's already been answered.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 07, 2013, 05:54:45 pm »

My point is that you are obviously a witch, but if you're not disputing that then I guess there's nothing else I need to say.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 07, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »

My point is that you are obviously a witch, but if you're not disputing that then I guess there's nothing else I need to say.
Haha, No, I'm not.
got an actual case to present? or do you want to just keep spewing pointless filth?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 07, 2013, 06:03:01 pm »

Lenglon, much as I hate agreeing with Leafsnail, you've done nothing but evade questions, imply answers, and throw a fit when people call you on it.

What do you think Leafsnail's motive is here? And what is your motive here? I'm curious.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 07, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

Lenglon, much as I hate agreeing with Leafsnail, you've done nothing but evade questions, imply answers, and throw a fit when people call you on it.

What do you think Leafsnail's motive is here? And what is your motive here? I'm curious.
amusing as this is, no.
lets go back to the baseline here, what exactly am I doing?
I'm moving my vote from Toaster to you.
what is Leafsnail doing?
Leafsnail is calling such an action scummy, working off the base assumption that any consideration that Toaster might not be scum is scummy. The only circumstances where having a closed mind like that is productive is when you have an inspect result.
what are you doing?
You're getting defensive and joining in with the one person attacking the person targeting you.
what are you not doing?
you're not saying anything about Toaster, you're not claiming anything, you're not even making a case. you're just... kinda there.
I look forward to when you decide to participate.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 07, 2013, 06:47:06 pm »

Toaster:
Birdy, Irony, and Solifuge:  You are also not voting, I believe.  Why?
To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing at this point. I suspect you and Lenglon are the witches, ZU is the death shaman, and Tiruin is the life shaman.

What I don't know is what I'm supposed to do with this information. Lynching the witches sounds too straightforward. I'm not entirely sure I follow the "witches want this, life shaman wants this, assume DS wants this and town wants this" reasoning. I'm trying to figure out where we'd get more data on this from and coming up blank.

In essence, I don't want to lynch scum and am failing to figure out what I should be doing instead.

Lenglon:
I'm not fully convinced of the maiden/mother/crone thing, but it makes sense so I'm willing to work with it for now.
Why not? What pattern do you think scum is following, if not that?
I don't know, but I think we only have a single datapoint. you can't establish a pattern from a single datapoint. Like I said, I'm willing to work with it, but I insist on keeping my mind open to other patterns.
Why aren't you fully convinced, though? There's gotta be something somewhere making you suspicious of that answer, right?

Irony: same as solifuge, though too a lesser degree, I don't see enough from you. please, come out and play.
Yeah, sorry.

What do you think the role actually wants, if getting anyone lynched is favourable for it?
I want to see your response to this question, though.

Hapah:
Anyone: How did the golem stay disguised in WC1?
I just looked pretty human, I believe. I forget where I got my house from or whatever.

Shakerag:
Guys: Seriously.  Why are we not all a little more concerned about the death shaman thing?  Can everyone who is voting Toaster guarantee that he isn't the death shaman?
What would you propose instead?

And, seeing as how we're all dragging ass, I'm going to call for massclaim time.  I'm vanilla town, so I've done fuckall for night actions.
I dunno, man.

Leafsnail:
Guys: Seriously.  Why are we not all a little more concerned about the death shaman thing?  Can everyone who is voting Toaster guarantee that he isn't the death shaman? 
Current information suggests the witches are happy with the status quo (life shaman dead, death shaman alive).  Why are you trying to maintain that?
Could you go over your reasoning for this again? It seems overly speculative to me.

Toony:
@IronyOwl:
Your "who killed who" last night logic is dumb, remember how far ZU got by picking at my fucking grammar, nowhere.  More likely than not, my brain-damaged logic has erred in some way.  Stay calm and carry on.
Yeah, how silly of me to think the things you say might carry insight into what you're thinking. Please, carry on, although if you get a chance to respond to the other 2/3rds of my post at some point that'd be great.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Solifuge has replaced Okami no Rei.

He will be posting first after this weekend due to the Ludum Dare, however.
Solifuge, you replaced in TWO WEEKS AGO.
It is not at all unreasonable to say that you should have finished your read and taken a stand on.... well, anything, by now.

Irony:
To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing at this point. I suspect you and Lenglon are the witches, ZU is the death shaman, and Tiruin is the life shaman.
Please provide a case. also, if you're honestly convinced Toaster is a witch, I suggest you vote him unless you have something more productive to do with your vote. I currently think my vote is worthwhile mostly because Solifuge is finally posting now that someone voted him.
Lenglon:
I'm not fully convinced of the maiden/mother/crone thing, but it makes sense so I'm willing to work with it for now.
Why not? What pattern do you think scum is following, if not that?
I don't know, but I think we only have a single datapoint. you can't establish a pattern from a single datapoint. Like I said, I'm willing to work with it, but I insist on keeping my mind open to other patterns.
Why aren't you fully convinced, though? There's gotta be something somewhere making you suspicious of that answer, right?
I don't trust the source, Leafsnail.
Having said that, it's a good theory.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

amusing as this is, no.
lets go back to the baseline here, what exactly am I doing?
I'm moving my vote from Toaster to you.
what is Leafsnail doing?
Leafsnail is calling such an action scummy, working off the base assumption that any consideration that Toaster might not be scum is scummy. The only circumstances where having a closed mind like that is productive is when you have an inspect result.
what are you doing?
You're getting defensive and joining in with the one person attacking the person targeting you.
what are you not doing?
you're not saying anything about Toaster, you're not claiming anything, you're not even making a case. you're just... kinda there.
I look forward to when you decide to participate.

For starters, I beg your pardon? Leaf joined me, not vice versa.

Second, I didn't ask what you were doing. I can see what you and Leafsnail are doing, as your actions are public. To reiterate is pointless. I asked you what you think Leafsnail's motive is, and what your motive is. Are you capable of answering this question, or are you going to CONTINUE deflecting and ignoring it?

Throwing your weight around, dodging questions, and trying your hardest to avoid addressing the accusations of others directly. THAT is a classic scum defensive behavior... but no, by all means, lets go on talking about everyone but you. Keep on trying to dismiss things with a handwave. "You people are so dumb, I'm going to pretend you're not even saying words. Come up with an argument that isn't targeted at me, and I'll listen to you."

That said, I'd like to get back to connecting dots in the thread. I encourage you to leave your pressure vote on me, and try to justify it as a lynch vote now, all the while shouting about how the people pointing at you "aren't scumhunting enough". The hypocrisy is highly entertaining.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 07, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

sorry Irony, missed 1, one moment.
What do you think the role actually wants, if getting anyone lynched is favourable for it?
I want to see your response to this question, though.
Oh, well, to be blunt, I'm not sure. I'm operating on the assumption that it grows stronger for every death. although for some reason I'm having trouble finding the original source. I thought Tiruin said something along those lines but I'm missing it in her posts. I'll review them some more I suppose, there's a lot of content in there for me to read over.

For starters, I beg your pardon? Leaf joined me, not vice versa.
Orly?
Why are you unvoting Toaster?  You're the Witch Crone, right?
Sorry, but I have to oppose a shorten. I need the time.

Also Lenglon, do you really think a Pressure Vote makes ANY sense right now? This isn't Day 1 anymore. You should have suspicions, and you should be investigating them.
Timestamps say something rather different from you Soli.

Second, I didn't ask what you were doing. I can see what you and Leafsnail are doing, as your actions are public. To reiterate is pointless. I asked you what you think Leafsnail's motive is, and what your motive is. Are you capable of answering this question, or are you going to CONTINUE deflecting and ignoring it?

Throwing your weight around, dodging questions, and trying your hardest to avoid addressing the accusations of others directly. THAT is a classic scum defensive behavior... but no, by all means, lets go on talking about everyone but you. Keep on trying to dismiss things with a handwave. "You people are so dumb, I'm going to pretend you're not even saying words. Come up with an argument that isn't targeted at me, and I'll listen to you."
That's actually pretty fair, I am acting coy right now. however, I still don't want to answer your question.

That said, I'd like to get back to connecting dots in the thread. I encourage you to leave your pressure vote on me, and try to justify it as a lynch vote now, all the while shouting about how the people pointing at you "aren't scumhunting enough". The hypocrisy is highly entertaining.
Nah, Leaf's doing enough, you aren't, although you're improving a little.
lets see you weigh in on a few things:

which do you think is more important, Death shaman or Witches?

how many third parties do you think are in this game, and what do you think they are?

why don't you want to claim?

why are you trying to convince me to vote toaster, but are unwilling to vote toaster yourself?

if Tiruin resurrects again, should we lynch her?

is ZU the death shaman?

is ZU dead?

is Toony town?

why does NQT have a triple-target-inspect in a low-power game?

why am I refusing to answer your question?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 07, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

Haha, No, I'm not.
Ok then, cool.  So, what does the witch faction want?  Was the second-hand information we heard from Toony regarding your win condition accurate?

Could you go over your reasoning for this again? It seems overly speculative to me.
ToonyMan reported it earlier.  We also know from Dariush's opening posts that the witches knew something about the shamans from the start.  There could have been a lie at some stage but that's what the claims we have so far tell us.

Oh, well, to be blunt, I'm not sure. I'm operating on the assumption that it grows stronger for every death. although for some reason I'm having trouble finding the original source. I thought Tiruin said something along those lines but I'm missing it in her posts. I'll review them some more I suppose, there's a lot of content in there for me to read over.
So what you're saying is that the Death Shaman role is totally unbeatable unless we vote no lynch?  Why aren't you voting no lynch, then?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 07, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

Actually, did you mean "speculation because ZU might be the Death Shaman"?  I do think that is a highly likely possibility, but if that were the case then we wouldn't have to worry about lynching the Death Shaman anyway.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 07, 2013, 07:54:40 pm »

So what you're saying is that the Death Shaman role is totally unbeatable unless we vote no lynch?  Why aren't you voting no lynch, then?
No, I think that we have to lynch the witches as quickly as possible, and that the closer we get to LYLO the more dangerous the DS will become. I think that if we lynch all the witches and the DS is still alive, then we win.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 07, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »

I'm not actually being flippant or anything, Lenglon isn't denying being a witch.  Every time I make a direct accusation Lenglon backs off.  I think Lenglon might have some kind of strange "you must tell the truth" post restriction.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 07, 2013, 08:17:24 pm »

haha, actually, that's an old habit of mine. I try to provide evidence rather than just directly deny things.
still, if it'll make you feel better, I am not a witch.
feel better?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 07, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »

Yeah I guess it was just a byproduct of your cowardly refusal to engage anything.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84